The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #1726
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'd forgotten that euphemism - made me bray with laughter

btw (wrong thread entirely HIJACK ALERT) I saw Son of Rambow the other night (on a free ticket from Heat )

It's a lovely, lovely film. I laughed out loud, I leaked tears quite badly.
Didn't even recognise Jessica Stevenson (my ideal woman) until the second scene she was in, I was believing in the film so much.

It was good & short, nice & loud (Cherry's top two requirements for a good film) and I was so sucked in I barely even wanted to kill the threesome in front of me who must have wandered in by mistake because they carried on their conversation intermittently throughout the film.

Go see.

(directed at Dana because it's a Briitish film that might not get wide release in the US)
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #1727
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
my nose has been bleeding for abiout half an hour now... I think it's nearly stopped but I'm well pissed off at this point.
After an hour of bleeding this morning I ended up in the urgent care. Nosebleed stopped after about two hours, but the respite was short.... Five hours later I'm home and miserable and there's nothing stopping it happening again. The doctor was so incompetant it's untrue. I'll be going somewhere else when it starts again and have an ENT contact for monday because the doctor thinks he may have left a bit of cotton up there
Old 03-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #1728
jinx
Come on, cat.

Wtf monster?!
Too much aspirin? High blood pressure? What?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #1729
monster

neither. blood pressure is awesome, don't take asprin. The stuff was leaking out of my tear duct ffs. I was crying blood. And spitting out great clots.

They put these inflatable plugs in which was totally not awesome. then decided they weren't working and took them out again. which was more than a little unpleasant and painful. They wanted to pack with cotton after that and I just said no. That doctor was so incompetant and also sexist that if it bleeds again I'll go elsewhere to get it packed. He wanted to give me loads of painkillers even though it didn't hurt and a 10 day course of antibiotics because the plugs they put in were "forign bodies"

I'd rather die at home with dignity, to be honest
Old 03-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #1730
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'll be happy to take those painkillers, monster.

Hope they're able to figure out what's up soon!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #1731
monster

yeah -he offered me Vicodin for a bit of discomfort that passed as soon as they had finished inserting and inflating the deformed tampon up my nostril. I shoulda taken it and sold it on the black market.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #1732
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Shit, monster, that sounds horribly distressing. You feeling any better yet?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #1733
monster

Not particularly. However the doc said cold drinks are good and I'm just about to have one, so I'm sure I'll feel lots better soon

However let me tell you blood coming out of your eye is not very nice if you wear contacts, although might have been funky for Halloween

(also managed to orchestrate some tidying of the kids rooms which didn't involved me bending and lifting too much, so feel mildly more productive).

thanks all for the sympathy
Old 03-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #1734
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

After having enough of the pizza place I was working for--and not having found a real job yet--I applied to work at a new restaurant/pizza joint run by a member of St. Louis foodie royalty. I got hired, and based on my conversation with the owner's wife (who is running the business side of things), I will be working there full-time and making as much as I did at the old place.

Well, last week we had an employee meeting, and I looked at my schedule--13 hours this week, 19 next week. Well, that sucks, but the place is just opening, so it could be tough in the short-term. Plus I can always pick up hours at the old place until things pick up at the new place.

Then they told me how much I'm gonna make...essentially, it is $2 an hour less than what I make now. I told them that at the rate things are going, I'll have to find a new job by the end of April; they told me they would try to figure out a new wage.

Today, I was supposed to have POS training from 1-4. I got there, and the general manager told me that it had been canceled, and they forgot to call me.

While I don't think anything that's been happening has been mean-spirited or malicious, it seems like God is telling me not to work for these guys. So I'll go look for a new job tomorrow.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #1735
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Sheesh monster - how are you feeling today? I always wondered what it would be like to cry blood.....now, I don't really think I want to know.

Sycamore - I agree, I think there is something saying RUN THE OTHER WAY! Good luck on the job hunt.

As for me.....I. am. still. fucking. sick.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #1736
shina
Hopeful

Absolutely nothing after Monster's tale. Blech!
Hang in there.
shina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #1737
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I thought she was kidding about crying blood in that other thread. Holy crap! Monster, I hope you found out what in the hell is going on today!

On the other hand, you might be a Catholic Saint.

Hope you are feeling better today.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #1738
monster

Gee, thanks guys. Well Dr Incompetant (who has been calling nightly to check I'm still alive and not planning to sue) had decided that the only reason it could have stopped bleeding after 2.5 hours and a failed plug attempt was because he must've left some stuff up there that was stopping the flow, so I needed to see the ENT bod on Monday for foreign body removal. He kept trying to force feed me painkillers and antibiotics and wanted to plug it again in the meanwhikle. i ran.

saw the ENT bod yesterday morning. She said no foreign body, no sinister reason for the bleed -just extra bendy nasal passages and and extra long extra dry winter. She cauterized it. So now -after a winter with no colds and no flu in this house, I'm sniffling away and sore as fuck, plus I look like I've been stuffing blueberries up my nose. Well yesterday it was blueberries, today it looks more like licorice. But no more bleeding so far. yay *sniff*
Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #1739
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

9 and a half more goddamn days. Not that I'm counting, or anything.

Yes I am. And it's actually 9 and a half more days plus about 2.5 goddamn hours. Goddamnit.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #1740
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
9 and a half more goddamn days. Not that I'm counting, or anything.

Yes I am. And it's actually 9 and a half more days plus about 2.5 goddamn hours. Goddamnit.

Could be worse.

1) could have happened six weeks ago (our swim coach just gave birth, wasn't due til mid May -thankfully both doing fine)

2) mysterious time-travellers could appear and take you back to pre c-section days.

OK, neither is likely, but still......

(Waiting is teh suxxors)

Tags
swiss