FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 PM   #16
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Thanks for the kind words.

Sundae, I just really tired of lumberjim leading an attack on someone, and a bunch of others jumpimg on. It doesn't matter if I agree with the attacker or not, ganging up is not right.
so you're hating on me because people agree with me and 'pile on'? does that make sense? have you ever seen me campaign against someone, or try to convince people to bash my 'victims'? do you really think I'm leading an attack? I am one person.

I think you should try to honestly reassess what it is you resent about me. You never had a problem with me until I started in on you for being slippery. Now you say you're defending the 'vicitms' the poor classs retards like rage ( that was a good one, btw...I'm sure he appreciates you coming to his rescue)

[big voice]Heroooooooo of the Stuuuuuuupid! [/big voice]
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #17
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Jinx is responsible for Shawnee leaving. I miss Shawnee, and the cellar is a worse place because she's gone.
I like Shawnee, and I miss her too, but you are wrong here. Shawnee self destructed. She wasn't driven out.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #18
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I agree glatt. I also don't think this place is any better or worse without her either. It is what it is. People come and go and that's their choice. And seriously, if all you get is agro, why bother coming here unless you like it?

There's got to be a better reason.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #19
jinx
Come on, cat.

Oh please. If Shawnee blames me for her leaving this time she can come and have that discussion with me. Or not. I don't care either way.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:13 PM   #20
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Yea...I miss that Shawnee. I was just talking to myself about that in the other thread. People are right though...Her feelings got hurt and she ran off like a kid.....She did that to herself...She needs to get over it and c'mon back nah'.

And I'm still going to say that this place is 35 percent less funny without her. (Yeah...that's worse folks)
Old 10-22-2007, 07:23 PM   #21
Aliantha

I'd like to know why people keep discussing her actually. She's gone and she left in a very childish manner in my opinion.

Bugger her. She's gone so everyone, please move on.

Anyway, this is spex's thread to complain about Jimbo Edit: and not Jinx.

Carry on please.

Last edited by Aliantha; 10-22-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Aliantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #22
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

what teh hell does jinx have to do with it, again?
Old 10-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #23
Aliantha

I think I just got finished reading Jinx's post about Shawnee and somehow left her in it. Want me to edit her out? lol I doubt she cares either way though.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #24
jinx
Come on, cat.

Yeah, not so much...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #25
Mockingbird
Master of hand to mouth living

I haven't been around here long enough to really put any weight in on this whole thing, but I'm going to back SG up on this and also add that the cellar is a forum on the internet. I think things would go more smoothly if there were a little screen that you went to right before submitting a post that said, 'Please remember, this is only a forum on the internet.' and you have to press the nice little 'OK' button to show that you understood that much.

Lighten up a bit and smile.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:29 PM   #26
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Yes, I could pick up LJ on every dig he makes at someone like Freshnesschronic, but there isn't much point - LJ isn't genuinely trying to hurt him- my assumption is a tiredness with the victim card but I won't put words into his mouth.
O RLY? Have you read the exchanges? This guy dogs me for no good reason, whatsoever. It's fun to him? Because everyone "knows" it's not "genuine" its ok to be an asshole to me for no reason? Attacking me personally "just because?"
I agree with spexx, he is attacking at random. I just don't say more because he'll only degrade me even more.
This is a PM I sent to him a while back that I'm going to post because HE was about to post it himself. Here goes:
Quote:
I'm sick of posting on the cellar only to be ridiculed by you. I don't know what I do to deserve it except be different from you. Is that really a good enough reason for you to degrade every single one of my threads? I come here to discuss, comment, not have to defend my own dignity because you are here throwing insults at me for no apparent reason. If you're a grown, responsible man then how about you just let me do my own shit. Never have I gone out of my way to post shit about you or ridicule you, it was all backlashing at your initial remarks toward me. Search the forums to a time where I initiated being a dick to you. Find it? No, you didn't. I don't like you. You don't like me. I try not to cross paths with you but you keep showing up knocking on my threads and posts with no intent but to just put me down. Are you that evil of a person to do that for your own pleasure? Don't you have you cajoling of banks to do? Go ahead, be "funny", be perverse, but just leave me the fuck alone. Do you find pride in yourself knowing you ruin other people's forum experience? I'm a freaking 19 year old college student. You don't have to even pretend like I exist, I'd prefer that! You said you were sick of your own shit, so just give it up, will you?

You just read a PM from me that included no derogatory insults at you. Can you do the same? Do you have some decency to comply with my request? If not you won't get any satisfaction when you intentionally disrupt my work here, because I'll just let you win. Let you talk trash to--no one. That doesn't even feel good when the hated party doesn't even wince.

I respect you just enough to ask you to do this. Because I respect you just enough to think you will actually do it. Don't be a cock. Be a compassionate "mature" person you say you are.
I'm just waiting for this to happen. He let me alone for a little while then arbitrarily called me inanely stupid...because? No reason, actually.
I think this is what Spexxvet is calling out LJ on. I'd definitely like the harassment to stop, because it is NOT for fun for "bitches", "victims", "whiners" like me. Well you even said it, everyone has a right to be here so give me mine. It's just bullying, I came to post and not be attacked on every thread.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #27
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

aw....cmon! that's funny!

fresh....I'm just trying to make people laugh, babe. even you. People in your life teach you different lessons. Maybe I'm here to teach you to see the humor in yourself. you're starting to get it. That ESPN thread is proof of that. Did I dog you in that thread? no....I didn't. any idea why? cuz you were honest about it, and saw the humor in it. yay!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:18 AM   #28
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I want to applaud Sundae Girl for your post. Showing a bit of sensitivity in the middle of a flame-fight takes great courage. Three cheers. Add that to your list of self-esteem boosting notes, mate.

I still count as a n00b, but I lurked for a while before joining, and have browsed the archives a fair bit. I reckon the name calling and personal attacks have got a bit over the top recently. I don't think any single person is to blame. It starts out with a small jab and escalates ... but some are pretty quick to escalate. I think the cellar would be better without it.

I always preview my posts and ask, what can I cut out of this? The temptation is always to add more, but better posts are often made by cutting.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #29
Aliantha

Now I'm wondering what you cut out of that last one...
Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 AM   #30
rkzenrage

I do need to ignore the stalkers & trolls again instead of replying to them, it is beneath me, you are correct. I used to and have stopped doing that.
Thanks for the reminder.
Well put.