The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-23-2007, 12:22 AM   #31
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yes, lets all ignore each other then, shall we?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 AM   #32
rkzenrage

If a post is just an insult or something similar it does not deserve an answer. It only lowers the one posting the reply. I need to remember that.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 AM   #33
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

[Regarding the foregoing with an interested expression, no needed]
Old 10-23-2007, 05:27 AM   #34
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Pexxie, I have always enjoyed your posts previously, but now they just seem petty (this thread is a prime example).....name calling in earnest is just fucked up...you are doing exactly what you claim to dislike.

I'm not backing LJ, but I work with 10 guys like him....same sense of humour, same style....he makes me laugh more than he makes me go I cant believe he said that.

I dont think you can say he is leading an attack....people are just making up their own minds about whats going on. I dont see anyone attacking RK and saying "but as LJ pointed out.....blahblahblah".

I see intelligent people, forming THEIR own opinion of RK (sorry RK, but your name was bought up), his views and the way he portrays them. They are arguing logically with him and not following anyone elses direction.

RK's *i dont care* attitude will get a lot of people off side, like HH mentioned ages ago, its kinda pointless to debate with someone who doesnt see any merit whatsoever in an opposing view and doesnt seem to want too.

Does that mean that none of us here give a shit about him? No..people were genuinely concerned when he was ill and thats when you see the REAL aspect of the cellar.

Do I agree with LJ's thread directed at RK, no, and I think I have shown support for RK in the past.

I think you are selling dwellars short if you think they will just not like someone coz LJ said too.

The other thing I see, LJ doesnt play favorites with his *shit hanging*. He will fling shit at all of us, I just think most of us throw it back or laugh at the comical intention and move on. No big deal made, no over reaction....done.

Regarding FNC, seriously, when he first came here, he was a bit whiney and LJ poked fun at him, he fired up and got more whiney.....as mentioned, lesson to be learned.....harden the fuck up.

I have no issues with FNC, I enjoy the majority of his posts and the fact that he shows me a glimpse of US college life that I havent seen.

Does that mean I wont poke shit at him when he whinges about something....no. I poke fun at my kids when they whine and we are still friends.

Re: Shawnee - I disagree Ali. We dont have to move on if we *miss* someone. Shawnee was an extravagant personality, she made an impact, she involved us in her life.

If one of my real life friends packs their bat and ball and goes off in a huff, I dont just say *fuck em* and move on.

Shawnee realised that she was in a bad head space, and left. She's firey and shes done it before. Its part of her personality. I accept that part of her personality.

I love the cellar, even with all the shit going on, I find the threads I want to participate in.

I just think the pettiness on ALL sides has gone too fucken far and we need to call a truce. [/off soap box]
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:35 AM   #35
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I'd like to second everything ducks just said.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:30 AM   #36
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's too small to read, unfortunately... it says Don't take life too serious.. it ain't nohow permanent.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 AM   #37
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I can't resist:

Yes, I've been lurking. I watch you guys beat the shit out of each other all the time. And here, after all this time, you're dragging me in.

I love the hatred toward "how I left." Let me remind you that I have not blamed anyone (Jinx, in your infinite wisdom I am sure that's what you meant in your post...that I have somehow implied to anyone that YOU were the reason; again, many of you think too much of yourself) and I apologized to those people I was into it with before I left (and we see what that meant to them, how forgiving and caring you can be.) I'm sorry some of you felt it was "childish" or that I "self-destructed" but you do not know anything. I guess if I came on here and whined constantly about my state of mental health I would get all kinds of sympathy and support, because many of you love those who are weak, who you can control. That is one satisfaction you may not have from me. The pain I am going through is something I am struggling to work through; though I have eluded to it, I find it difficult to ask for help. But this is not the correct tack, so it seems.

In reality, there are some great people here. In reality, many of you are cruel and heartless and can't see beyond your own agenda.

To those who say they've missed me, thank you. I miss this place too. I miss many of you. I do still giggle at some of the antics, and I feel a hole in my life, but my state of mental health, though it might not fit what some of you believe to be acceptable duress, does not allow for me to keep letting myself get hurt (see, I took responsibility for letting it happen to myself; I do not need to be reminded that I am flawed, esp by people I have grown to like.)

Say all you want, I really don't give a fuck, but I couldn't let this go by without saying "Ha fucking Ha you still can't get me out of your tiny little heads." For me, poetic justice at its finest. (Well, there goes the false bravado again, trying to cover up hurt feelings with fake strength, another flaw that does not fit into acceptable.)

btw, taking my pictures away was stupid, but I thought I'd free up some bandwidth while I was at it.

Glorious!

Last edited by Shawnee123; 10-23-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: to clarify, though I'll wait for teh screen shot
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #38
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I can't resist:

Yes, I've been lurking. I watch you guys beat the shit out of each other all the time. And here, after all this time, you're dragging me in.

I love the hatred toward "how I left." Let me remind you that I have not blamed anyone (Jinx, in your infinite wisdom I am sure that's what you meant in your post...that I have somehow implied to anyone that YOU were the reason; again, many of you think too much of yourself) and I apologized to those people I was into it with before I left (and we see what that meant to them, how forgiving and caring you can be.) I'm sorry some of you felt it was "childish" or that I "self-destructed" but you do not know anything. I guess if I came on here and whined constantly about my state of mental health I would get all kinds of sympathy and support, because many of you love those who are weak, who you can control. That is one satisfaction you may not have from me.

In reality, there are some great people here. In reality, many of you are cruel and heartless and can't see beyond your own agenda.

Say all you want, I really don't give a fuck, but I couldn't let this go by without saying "Ha fucking Ha you still can't get me out of your tiny little heads." For me, poetic justice at its finest.

Glorious!
I guess you missed the part where lots of people, like me, said they missed you.

Are you trying to get them to regret saying that?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 AM   #39
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Again, I use the phrase "some of you" quite often in my post. I didn't intend all-inclusiveness. No, I don't want people to regret saying anything. When can I be myself? When can I defend myself? Cowering in a corner, or fighting like a cornered animal, which gets me respect?
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #40
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Shawnee. I'm sorry that the cellar has become a more negative, than positive place to be for you. I hadn't realised you were going through the mill.

I don't think anybody who's posted about you leaving, really wished to attack you. It was a response to the apportioning of blame which followed your departure.

I hope you'll stick around, or at the least come back when you are less likely to feel hurt.

All the best.

Dana
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #41
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

"A gentle reminder from the folks who brought you absolutely nothing--IT'S A FREAKIN' MESSAGE BOARD!!!" Don't take it so seriously. There are two sides to every poster. The one that posts and the one they are in the real world.
Taking anything at face value and screaming about it on a message board is like slapping Edmund Gwen for not visiting you as Santa Claus from "Miracle on 34th Street". These are characters in a very off broadway play.

JMO
Old 10-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #42
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Ducks, I'm not picking on you, I'm responding to you because you posted last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
Pexxie, I have always enjoyed your posts previously,
Thank you
Quote:
but now they just seem petty (this thread is a prime example).....
I don't see it as any more or less petty than lj's thread about Rk, or his thread about me, yet nobody pointed out how his threads were petty. I think if more people reacted more often to lj the way they did when he posted about Jeb's sister, things wouldn't get this out of hand. When lj made the list of things we know about Rk, think how it would have been different if a Sundaegirl-like voice said "Rk, what lj says is valid, but lj, you could present your concerns with Rk in a more constructive manner". No flames would have erupted. I certainly would not have felt the need to get involved. Instead, a bunch of others piped in with "don't forget Rk was/did...".

Quote:
name calling in earnest is just fucked up...you are doing exactly what you claim to dislike.
Sorry, I'm fighting fire with fire. Jim doesn't understand rational dialogue. His repsonse to SG was "I'm not going to change" (paraphrase).

Quote:
I dont think you can say he is leading an attack....people are just making up their own minds about whats going on. I dont see anyone attacking RK and saying "but as LJ pointed out.....blahblahblah".
He's leading in the sense that if he didn't initiate something, it would be much less likely to occur.

Quote:
Does that mean that none of us here give a shit about him? No..people were genuinely concerned when he was ill and thats when you see the REAL aspect of the cellar.
It seems kinda insincere to me. The Cellar cares when he's ill, but not when he's attacked by lj. Hmmmmm.... makes me question how much the Cellar really cares.

Quote:
The other thing I see, LJ doesnt play favorites with his *shit hanging*. He will fling shit at all of us, I just think most of us throw it back or laugh at the comical intention and move on. No big deal made, no over reaction....done.
Lj busting balls is one thing - lj being nasty, hateful, and spiteful is entirely different. I have no problem when he says "your mama" to me. But when he relentlessly pounds someone, it's not funny. And it's only certain people. If Fresh and Flint posted the exact same words, lj would poke funnily at FLint, but would nastily pound Fresh.

Quote:
I just think the pettiness on ALL sides has gone too fucken far and we need to call a truce. [/off soap box]
Would you care to mediate terms?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #43
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

With the certainty that "I am OK", I find it easy to just skip by posts that are written specifically to annoy me, directly or indirectly.

Not everybody likes me and I wouldn't expect them to. That's how the world works. But it doesn't really matter. They can attack me, but of course it only hurts their reputation amongst those who like me, and spoils their day to concentrate on such negativity. And then I have this small sense of satisfaction, as I ignore the post, that they tried and failed to actually hurt me.

In another half a day there are 100 more posts. Win.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #44
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Lj busting balls is one thing - lj being nasty, hateful, and spiteful is entirely different. I have no problem when he says "your mama" to me. But when he relentlessly pounds someone, it's not funny. And it's only certain people. If Fresh and Flint posted the exact same words, lj would poke funnily at FLint, but would nastily pound Fresh.

your perception is inaccurate, sir. i don't nastily pound anyone. i'm always poking funnily. the only one ive gotten really mad at on here ...ever....was sycamore. and that was long ago. and i'm just not a spiteful person. I think it's more likely that your feelings about me are coloring your perception of my intent. it seems like you may be one of the only ones that doesn't get this. I even think rage gets it. freshness....i'm on the fence about. he gets pissed off pretty easily. but, dude....you're just livid.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #45
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Then I guess my little antics have worked!!! I knew you were lurking! Ha Ha Haaa!

http://www.cellar.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=365

You selfish, childish, piece of dung......

Hope you decide to stay.....