The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 11-01-2003, 07:17 PM   #1
joe5red
Person Who Has Posted

Favorite Dreams

Doctors say we must dream to maintain our sanity. I wish I could record mine and play them on television. Nobody knows how to do that yet. The next best thing would be to have people play the parts to reinact the dream and make a movie out of it. I don't have enough money to do that, so I typed them up and put them on a website. Favorite Dreams
joe5red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:42 PM   #2
breakingnews
Q_Q

Yeah, a writing professor recommended that we keep a diary of our dreams, even if only for a few days, to see what kinds of crazy shit we think of while we sleep.

I've been doing it sporadically for a while ... I have to find that notebook. Lost among hundreds of other little sticky notes and index cards with, well, notes from other weird things in life. When I do I'll post some of them.

My most vivid one, however, and one that I have at least a few times a month, is where I'm in a crowd ... but then I'm running, just running ... through the corridor of a mall, alleys in NYC, the trail through the woods behind my apartment ... of course at snail-like speeds ... I never know from whom or what I'm running or where I'm going ... just that I want to go faster ... then I'm startled and wake up in a nightmarish state. I've always wanted to know why that evokes such awful emotions, even though nothing really happens in that dream (at least nothing bad).
breakingnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:04 AM   #3
SCARYdoor
Kinda New Member

I have this dream/daydream thing...

I'll be like falling into lava, and trying to grab onto something to stop from falling in, but of course there's nothing to grab, so I'm falling and then I'm just thinking about things, like I'm thinking, there's no way I can survive so I gotta accept that I'll die, and then it's kind of messed up because you might fall feat first which would make you get amputated before you actually die, it's a pretty bad feeling to have... I imagine this in dreams and when I'm awake, and I don't choose to think of it or anything.

Another thing, is that I'll be daydreaming or something, imagining a scene that I'm in and then it'll zoom out and there's lots of movie screens of that scene next to each other and it keeps zooming out and I'll realise that because all of these people are me, I'm superior to everything I've known of before, or something like that. I realise I'm superior because of this anyway.
SCARYdoor is offline   Reply With Quote