The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #4441
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

I meant exactly what I said!! It seems 2 of the 3 of us must have voted for her and it wasnt bloody me

I have no time for the women, especially since I have known her "boyfriend" for years and years and years. We used to get contacted by the media all the time to comment about them, but had to bite my tongue...I'd love to spill the beans.

When she bastardised her way in the first time, I thought for sure she wouldnt actually be voted in when the public had a choice....but seriously!....seriously!!

Anyway, I dont do politics, soooooooo

Working 9 til 6.30 on Sunday is irritating me today. Plus I am waiting for the fallout from my outburst the other day.

You know, one of those moments where you will either win a lot of respect for standing up for yourself and not getting walked all over....or totally sabotage your "shooting star" career.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #4442
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I didn't vote for her. It must have been Zen and Sandy and Hagar...
Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #4443
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Remember, the libs/nats actually won more seats than labor, and it came down to deal making with the independents.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #4444
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

lah lah laaaaaaa....I cant hear you.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #4445
Griff
still says videotape

Came home to find Pete's first attempt at a parm cheese wheel, which is properly aged just now, on the floor of Merlin's crate all gnawed up. Well played worthy adversary.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #4446
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

How big was the wheel? I'd be making sure Merlin has frequent trips out to the bathroom this evening.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #4447
Griff
still says videotape

6"x 4" +-
He just gnawed on it without ingesting much. It was nice and hard so he had to work hard to get a little cheese. *grumble*
Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #4448
glatt

This is a really mild irritation. But an irritation nevertheless.

It's a vaguebook thing. You now, where people put shit up on FB and then play all coy with the details or act like they assume you should know the story. You're curious, and make a comment to give them an opening to explain, but they don't explain. I'm not going to come right out and ask what the story is, because I don't want to play that game. You posted the thing, you explain it. You obviously wanted to share it, so share it.

Anyway, my cousin, who goes on lots of hikes and posts lots of pictures of the neat old stuff she come across in the woods growing up in old farm fields, posted this picture:

Name:  580744_3622542886849_1033609172_n.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  133.2 KB

I'd like to know the details. Wouldn't you? They are probably boring details, but I'd like to know them anyway.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #4449
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Listening to Marketplace this morning, the guest being interviewed is Mr Laffer, Reagan's economic adviser, inventor of supply side economics made this comment on higher tax rates for "rich people":

"Sure, I'd like to get more money from "rich people", but face it, they have options and they'll just find a way to not pay the tax."

This shit burns me up. At best, it's an admission that our laws are broken. If we have laws that requires payment of taxes, and if those laws can be evaded if one has enough money, the laws are worthless. At worst, it's a misrepresentation about his willingness to increase taxes--lip service.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #4450
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

J.

Turned up at my house this evening, which is nice, and I was pleased to see him, except that he brought his bad mood with him. He was radiating tension and annoyance. So...made conversation and mentioned I was taking Carrotchops to the groomers on saturday...he wanted to know why? Well, I've mentioned before the problems I've been having trying to groom Carrot. from the very first time he's fought it. Tries to stop me by grabbing the brush or wriggling away and generally being uncooperative. Actually, right at the start he did more than wriggle, he fought like someone was trying to shove him in an oven.

Now, as I explained to J, he's a lot better than he was, and bit by bit he is easier. But currently the way I am training him to accept it is by giving him a special chew treat for the duration. As advised by various trainers, and indeed as advised by J some time ago. But, this means I can't do his face and front paws, because as soon as i try to do so, he is no longer chewing his treat and fights the brush. This means that whilst two thirds of him is brushed there's a few places that never get brushed out and are getting woefully tangled. I'd like that dealing with. I'd also like him to experience being brushed properly in the hope it might help him accept it when I do him.

Carrot's temperament is such that persuasion beats force every time. Try and force the issue and it ramps the tension up to the max.

So, J starts on at me about not letting him get away with that, and how I've created this situation by letting him. he thinks I should just make him stay still whilst I brush him. Not entirely sure how I can just 'make him'. Not without really shouting at him. And I don't want to really shout at him for something I want him to be comfortable with.

The tension in the room shot up. Carrot got onto the chair and curled up into a tight ball, looking at J and occasionally wagging the tip of his tail in a placatory fashion. Becase J in a mood fills the fucking room.

Then he basically says that given our two pups we have a chance to see the two methods compared. Well...not really, because he isn't training his fucking dog, his partner is doing all the training. And he might think she is applying his methods as 'discussed' but I know that in fact she is nodding along with him and then doing her own thing. And, well not really again, because the two pups have entirely different temperaments and have done from the getgo. It was my pup that threw a tantrum on the way home that first night and chewed his way through the puppy pen, whilst their pup quietly accepted that he was to stay inside. And well, not really again because their puppy came home to live in a house with an adult dog to demonstrate how all these silly things humans want to do are just fine and normal, and mine didn't.

Different dogs, who respond differently to the world, in a different situation, and neither of them trained by him.

I did not say the above. What i said was that all dogs have something and his is not accepting the brush. His response? "No, dogs don;t start out neurotic what we do makes them that way" or words to that effect.

My dog is not neurotic. He's a puppy who doesn't like being brushed.

So...I said something I probably shouldnt have said given the mood he was in and knowing how likely he is to take it to heart and more to the point take the wrong message from it.

I said "Stop coming here and telling me off about how I am raising my dog".

Instantly I regretted. Though I'd said it halfway jokingly, he decided to leave.

Off he went. leaving me all fucking tense and my dog freaked out by the argument (he isn't used to people having rows) and sitting bolt upright in the corner of his bed.

Grrrrrrrr.

Arguments about training pilau were the final nail in the coffin with me and J when we were together. That and the fact that he has no idea how severe he seems when he is in a bad mood, or insisting a dog do as it is told. Pilau was screwed up by all that shit. It broke my heart to see Carrot looking upset like that. Took me right back it did.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #4451
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oh chick that's so shitty.
I hated when Steve used to talk rubbish about my cats' behaviour.
Some of it was justified (when they were being pains in the arse) but the majority was just cat-ness, and nothing I could do about it without brutalising them.

Like the fact they knew they were not to jump up on the counters.
It was rigorously enforced. His cat (Trifle) did not jump up on the counters, due to superior training. His family cat had never done so either, for the same reason. I was so pleased when his brother came to stay and laughed like a drain at this - apparently their cat did it all the time when she was young and the only sensible thing to do was not leave things like defrosting chicken breasts on the side...

He's being high-handed.
It's a man thing.
Fuck him and his angry opinions, you're the one living with Carrot and you're the one who will reap what you sow. And it sounds like that will be a loving, obedient, well-balanced dog.

Oh - I came into this thread to say the insect bite on my inside right wrist (obtained some time last night - the night of the Black Eye) is irritating the bejesus out of me. It's been bad all day, but you know when it hits that almost-intolerable stage? So desperate to scratch it, so desperate not to. I find myself rubbing it against the edge of the desk or against my shorts. Grrr.

Don't worry about J, Dani.
Man'll fall off his high horse some point soon, and you & Chops are best away from him when he's like this.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #4452
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ach, I know. I am slightly irritated by my own lack of control though. I know he's going through it at the moment, because he's been shitting his black mood over everyone for weeks. And that was the wrong thing to say. It will have hurt him. And he will have heard it as 'don't tell me how to raise MY dog'. When we've kind of come into this together with the two pups and have shared tips and tales all the way through. I might as well have said, 'fuck off, you don't get to tell me what to do this time matey, just because you got to fuck up my last dog.' And he'll have particularly heard the 'don't come here' bit as well. Like my welcome is suddenly conditional. Which it isn't nor ever has been.

I don't mind him trying to tell me how to raise Carrot. I mind him telling me off for how I am raising him. I also mind that he seems to think he has now been vindicated in his views because of how problem free his dog is and how neurotic mine apparently is. And I mind that I responded.

Grrrrrr.....fucking so wound up now. And Carrot's totally sensing it. He's been a little shit for the last hour.

Ok. Deep breaths.

Last edited by DanaC; 07-26-2012 at 03:19 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #4453
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC
Grrrrrr.....fucking so wound up now. And Carrot's totally sensing it. He's been a little shit for the last hour.
It amuses me that you are perceptive enough to see a cause and effect in your puppy that many people are not even able to notice in their own children. You are a fantastic dog owner, Dana, anyone can see that.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #4454
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post

I don't mind him trying to tell me how to raise Carrot. I mind him telling me off for how I am raising him. I also mind that he seems to think he has now been vindicated in his views because of how problem free his dog is and how neurotic mine apparently is. And I mind that I responded.

Ok. Deep breaths.
Ach, triggering, Dana. He has no business telling you off for how you're raising Carrot. You love this puppy, you do what's right for this puppy, anyone can tell. Methods vary. There isn't a one-size-fits-all. You know your puppy. Point is, he's (J, that is) stepping over the line and trashing your boundaries.

sorry - I don't know the history of you and J. Maybe stepping where I shouldn't. But I don't like to see you feeling defensive and guilted about caring for and doing a good job with the puppy you're caring for ... sorry.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #4455
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

And to add some more leaven - I acquired another bite last night.
On my middle knuckle, on my right hand. So the same part of the body as the other throbbing itching bite.

Karma, no doubt.

Tags
mild cheddar