The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 04-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #16
rtexanssane
Wiseacre Emeritus

Sorry marichiko. I am seeing your point now.
I am Adrian from Audiogalaxy. one of the many who have come here as a result of the AG forums dying.
I posted the exact same topic there because somebody had a friend dying from Cancer. I re-posted it here because it was lost and i cant put it back up there.
rtexanssane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #17
marichiko

OK, Adrian, I apologize then, even if you ARE from AG! LOL! I disagree with your science, but my heartfelt sympathies go out to the person suffering from cancer and his loved ones. I hope the doctors can help him.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #18
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Steve McQueen did in fact go to Mexico for Laetrile treatment, as have many other now dead people.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:55 PM   #19
rtexanssane
Wiseacre Emeritus

Episode forget Laetrile. Its for people who have left things too late. Its like living on a diet devoid of Vitamin C until you get Scurvy, then waiting until the scurvy is months away from killing you before finally taking tablets containing 500mg of vitamin C per day.
If the cancer spreads too far and causes irreversible damage then even a person who has had their cancer destroyed by Laetrile can still die just as a person who has been shot can have the bullet removed and still die because of the trauma to the body.
I dont understand why it is so difficult for people to ditinguish between prevention and cure. It becomes so clear when you look at those diseases that no longer exist now that the links with nutrition have been firmly established.
I guess its because a world with cancer is all that we have ever known in our short lives.
Well it took 400 years for medical science to accept the solution to Scurvy, but they didnt have multi-national corperations making billions of dollars from it every year, so i suspect that even if i am right it will never be common knowledge.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #20
marichiko

Ummm, scurvey and other nutritional diseases do respond pretty quickly to vitamin intake unless the person is literally within a day or two of dying.

You are assuming that all scientific research is being done by the big pharmaceutical companies. You forget all the universities with those bright young graduate students just dying for a thesis topic and those professors who would love to gain tenure with a break through article published in Science or the Lancet.

Your theory would be a relatively inexpensive one to undertake to test in any university biochem lab that could afford a few hundred lab rats or white mice. Construct a double blind study where one group of mice was fed apricot kernels and the other group a regular diet. When the mice reached maturity, expose them all to some known carcinogen. Compare the survival rates of the mice after a year. Easy instant fame for some kid working on his PhD, never mind his advisor who would take the credit for it all.

It hasn't happened because it doesn't work. Very simple.

My advice: Move to an area as free of environmental pollutants as possible and eat only organic foods. Don't eat fish of any sort. Get a really good water purifier. Never drink water from the tap. Don't join the US military where you will exposed to God knows what chemical and biological weapons. Avoid becoming an uranium miner or living anywhere near mine tailings of ANY sort. Stay away from microwave relay towers and ovens, just in case. Wear only natural fabrics and have bare wood floors in your home or else carpets made of only wool or cotton. Avoid harsh chemical cleaning supplies. Have your home checked for abestos if its an older structure. Build a pond and stock it with salamanders. Check on their well being daily. Amphibian's are the environment's canaries. They're the first to go south if anything nasty is around.

Most people can't manage the above life style, so they turn to things like apricot pits.

Oh, yeah, pick parents and grandparents who never had cancer. Genetic susceptibility is a key factor,

Last edited by marichiko; 04-04-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:50 AM   #21
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

can we still smoke and drink until we pass out?

its a good thing australia is selling its uranium to china then!!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #22
marichiko

Hell, Kagen, I eat beef, smoke cigarettes, drink Jack Daniels, swam in the Dolores River which is full of run off from Uranium tailings, and I was poisoned by carbon monoxide gas for three years or so. Other than the spatial difficulties I now have thanks to the CO poisoning, I am still disgustingly healthy. My father lived to be 80 and I never saw him eat a single apricot. He died of lung failure after being given general anaethestic when he broke his hip. The Momster is 86 and will most likely live to 106. She doesn't eat apricots, either.

If genetics are on your side and you personally are not a uranium miner, party on sez I. One of my friends is 10 years older than me and has an absolutely pathological fear of cancer because her Mom died of it. She is now older than her Mom was when she died, but she lives such a constricted, fear based life that it hardly seems worth it. If I die tomorrow, I'll go knowing I had a decent run at things for good and for bad, and we all share the same eventual fate. Party hearty and see you on the other side!
Old 04-04-2006, 02:57 AM   #23
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

if you start to think youre going to get cancer, your cells will start thinking "well...i guess he/she really wants it" and start cancerizing the place. (no im not saying this is the only way to get cancer thats just silly)

i smoke and drink all the time and i can still run at least 16km without stopping. (as i painfully found out on sunday)
Old 04-04-2006, 03:11 AM   #24
Brett's Honey
whatever

It would be nice if B-17, or any other easy thing, for that matter, were the answer. When my daughter was dying of cancer, I met several other children who were fighting it. At that time, a good friend of mine was diagnosed with Hodgkins disease. He kept partying, drinking way too much, - daily - smoking (smoking lots of things), he actually started partying more after he was diagnosed - he missed some chemo treatments, and quit radiation after only two of the ten scheduled treatments. He is alive and doing fine, still partying. And my 2 1/2 yr old daughter, along with many other kids (and adults) are dead.
As for the diagnosed person's attitude being the cure, what about young ones? I've met kids with cancer who were 3 months old, 6 months, etc..
And I agree - cancer should not exist.

Last edited by Brett's Honey; 04-04-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:07 AM   #25
rtexanssane
Wiseacre Emeritus

"Ummm, scurvey and other nutritional diseases do respond pretty quickly to vitamin intake unless the person is literally within a day or two of dying."

The same is true with Cancer, B17 will rapidly destroy the cancer, but if the cancer has allready destroyed the patient then they will still die.
You must also consider the fact that most people who turn to B17 do so when conventional treatments have failed.
These treatments are highly toxic and do massive damage to the patient.
Scurvy sufferers were not subjected to many months treatment of highly toxic
medicine until they were declaired incurable. Most of the were at sea when they got the disease. For goodness sake Radiotherapy!!!!! when it is a proven fact that exposure to radiation actually induces cancer. What are they thinking. Do you not find it incredible that this is still used for cancer patients?

Consider also that it is not publicised when somebody makes a dramatic recovery with Leatrille after being sent home to die. You have to go digging to find that evidence.
I am not saying that the big pharmaceutical companies are the only ones doing research. I am saying that only they can afford the 250 million dollars research to satisfy the FDA and that they only carry out research on that which can be patented.
The experiments you speak are not difficult and have been carried out but not by these companies. The most telling experiment of all is the fact that the millions of people who live in cultures where the diet is rich in B17 do not get cancer and you dont need lab rats or a lab to prove this.
The FDA will never approve anything which is natural as a treatment for disease, it is against their basic philosophy that disease can only be treated with drugs.
Until people start looking at B17 as the prevention rather than the cure they will continue to be blinded by the complex politics of cancer therapy.
These companies are not going to give up their multi-billion dollar industry. It has to be taken away from them by a public that is willing to empower itself with knowledge.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:28 AM   #26
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The history of medicine is people believing all sorts of nonsense. Medicine only improved when people applied science and proved causes.

"They took X and got better!" "They took X and didn't get sick!" ...is not sensible thinking. Anyone with the tiniest sense of the history of medicine knows. Correlation means nothing, cause means everything.

For example, radiation is well-understood. A little of it damages cells. A lot of it destroys them. (Similarly, you can blow on your hands to warm them, and then blow on your soup to cool it. Duh?)

So do not use your broken, instinctive correlation thinking to suggest that radiation should not be used to cure cancer. You don't know what you're talking about, and spreading uninformed nonsense is wrong.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #27
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtexanssane
These companies are not going to give up their multi-billion dollar industry.
Who? The "alternative medicines" industry? Heck, homeopaths sell tap water for prices that the most snooty of bottled water companies would cringe at.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #28
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Not very good at preventing cancer.
Attached Images

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #29
rtexanssane
Wiseacre Emeritus

Undertoad i am afraid i do know what i am talking about. The success rate of conventional treatments is appaling and yet nobody complains about that.
I challenge you to name a single disease that no longer exists because of modern medicine. Once cancer has spread to a secondary location the success rate of conventional medicine and surgery is virtually Zero. Radiology kills the normal cells in a tumour while the malignant ones remain. Consequently you can reduce the mass of a tumour by 80% and at the same time increase its malignancy by 80%. Great job, now the cancer is even more deadly than it was before the treatment and the the body is damaged by radiation on top of this. The more you subject the body to things which are foreign to our biology the more your body will produce trophablast which is why the cancer started in the first place. What the hell do you think a carcenogen is ?
Mad made medicine does not cure disease, it merely treats the symptoms.
There is nothing that is foreign to the biological experience of any living organism that can improve it. To believe so is to believe that man is a better designer than God himself.
I am past the point of trying to convince anyone who has posted in this thread. I am only posting now for the benefit of those who will read it from here on and they can make up their own minds as to whose arguments are the more logical.
You have all approached this subject in such a way that anyone who agrees with me will not post because they will be viewed as gullible so the lack of support i am getting means nothing as far as i am concerned.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:16 PM   #30
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtexanssane
I challenge you to name a single disease that no longer exists because of modern medicine.
Polio? Smallpox? Diphtheria?
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote