The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-07-2003, 09:01 PM   #1
Sperlock
Elite Elitist

Strange dreams

I don't know, it was just strange and for some reason I feel like sharing:

The first part of the dream consisted of me being in a covered tent or something...big enough to be like a tent for small events, not big enough for a circus tent. It seemed like it was really dusty inside to the point it was hard to see, and I had the feeling that there was construction work or something going on. As I stepped out, past what seemed to be plastic tarp, I found that I was in the forest, though it was still hard to see, and at that point I realized this is fog, not dust. I carefully wandered through the forest until it suddenly stopped and I found myself at the side of a highway which I had the feeling that I was on to get to the place where I just came from. I looked to my right and the road seemed to go upward and curve to the right; I had the feeling it just went into the forest...to the left, while I couldn't see anything, but had the feeling it went to a town. I looked behind me and it was clear now no fog at all, and I think it seemed kind of...I don't know, like there was a building back there or something...small, like it was a restaurant, bar, or something like that. But I think I went to the left to towards the town, as I seem to vaguely remember being in a town in the next part of my dream.

I don't remember the second part of my dream very well...but I think I was in a car and with my parents...I can't remember very well what we were doing but I believe we were in the town. I think I must've gotten out or something to go see something on my own, as this is where it seems to go to the third part of the dream, as I am sure there was more to the second part...when I came out of consciousness I had basically commited it to my brain, but not enough for the second part. Anyway, this part of the dream didn't seem to be as colorful as the first part...mostly grays and whatnot. But I found myself at a beach...it wasn't really sunny. There were lifeguard stations here...but the strange thing is some of them were not in them, but remained at the bottom just sitting there...and the stations didn't look like what I remember from my times at the beach. Anyway, I turn to look out at the ocean...and the waves were huge! Almost want to say 12' or something...but definitely bigger than me. They came real close to the shore but I was never really threatened...I just stood there watching...the waves never touched me. And the neat thing is that I could HEAR the waves...that roar of the ocean...it really stuck out at me...very rare for sound to be such a prominent feature for me. I think then that I started to walk back towards where the road near the beach was...and there were some headlights and it was my parents in the car they were driving...dream ended there...as I came to consciousness, eyes closed, but remembering the dream very well, so I went over it in my brain to commit it to memory...then drifted back into sleep.

The other dream I had is a bit vague now...I seem to remember a lot of cars and maybe something like a tollbooth or something. There seemed to be a horse that was trying to get by...I think I walked around the booth to get closer to...a road? and had a car or two drive past me...not much else.

All in all very interesting...very vivid dreams...haven't had those in a while, nor have I had/remembered many dreams lately. But I had a very deep sleep last night...woke up feeling I got enough sleep, even though I went to bed at my usual time.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Cellar discussions...
Old 03-07-2003, 09:10 PM   #2
Nothing But Net
Professor

According to my copy of "The Interpretation of Dreams", this means you are going to die before the next Full Moon.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 09:13 PM   #3
Nothing But Net
Professor

... or get laid. Sorry, I hadn't finished the page yet...
Old 03-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #4
Sperlock
Elite Elitist

I find it more likely that I will die than get laid by the next full moon. Figures that the full moon is on the 18th, I'll probably get killed by some drunk St. Patrick's Day celebrator.

No, I'm not taking the dream interpretations seriously (besides, I am in a very silly mood...maybe from watching Red Dwarf on DVD), as I tend to pick up my own interpretations about them...which I have already done...except for that last dream.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #5
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Nothing But Net
According to my copy of "The Interpretation of Dreams"
Pffft! My ass...let's try "The Interpretation of Dreams as Interpreted While Swigging Beers."

Better.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 03:37 AM   #6
Nothing But Net
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sperlock
I find it more likely that I will die than get laid by the next full moon.
That's just fucking sad...
Old 03-08-2003, 08:59 AM   #7
Sperlock
Elite Elitist

Yeah, it's sad, but who knows, maybe it will happen. Stranger things have happened. Like the dream I had last night.

I seemed to be working in what was supposed to be a pharmacy but looked nothing like one. It was me and two women I don't know. For whatever reason, we were supposed to do a taste test or something for the various drugs. I had tried this one that seemed to have small red dots on it and it tasted good or something. I look at the bottle and the name concerned me as it ended in "cillin" (the whole name was there but I can't remember it). I asked one of the women if this thing was some form of penicillin and they said that it was. Not a good thing for me as I am allergic to penicillin. So eventually I start getting bumps all over my body and I was basically told not to worry since I had such a small amount, that it would pass. Eventually it did start dying down then I woke up.

These dreams are just getting stranger and stranger.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:53 AM   #8
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sper, if you want more certainty in your sex life, just get married. That's what I did, and now I don't have to say "I find it more likely that I'll die than get laid..." I know for *certain* that I won't get laid. It works perfectly!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 10:20 AM   #9
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

What's the one food you can feed to a woman that will make her never want to have sex again?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:00 AM   #10
Nightsong
Wang Dude

Well now it sounds like we have a Silent hill/ Langoliers and a bad Clerks dream going on in your first half. Mind you without the death and bad puns. The Second half sounds like you fell asleep to ESPN. As to the last dream? Well very intresting are you doing ok financially...lol...Just kidding! Hey at least you remember your dreams as for me I am lucky to sleep most days...lol
Nightsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:00 AM   #11
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

To answer Blowme's question: Wedding Cake!
Old 03-08-2003, 10:31 PM   #12
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

The dream means that you want a finger in your ass. (Oh, wait -- wrong thread.)
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:43 PM   #13
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i had a whacked out dream about Pie. She was really pissed off about her husband's habit of collapsing on top of her and falling immediately to sleep after sex. She was ranting about it something fierce, because there was a particularly messy reason that he should not do this, while at the same time complimenting his performance and.....endowment. I noticed that she had 4 green rubber bands on her left wrist, and she explained that she put one on for each time he did this per week. I was able to calculate in the dream that they had done it more times than there were days in the week so far, and remember being perplexed that he had fallen asleep more than once in a day.

the end
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

btw, i have no idea if Pie is even married
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #15
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

had the flying dream again two nights ago... exhilirating.