The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 AM   #166
grynch
the big Cheese

I had a dream where I was naked and I walked into a room full of hot, wet, naked German woman and...

oh no wait, that wasn't a dream.. that was last month at the sauna's
grynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:44 AM   #167
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

No, naughty.
Thread for Cellar dreams only.

Although I guess as yours wasn't really a dream....
You might get a pass this time.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #168
glatt

Sundae! I totally know the difference between you and Infinite Monkey. But I completely understand. Griff and I are the same person to some.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #169
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

You're like an Everyposter.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #170
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm just ashamed that I didn't consider IM's opinion at any point. It was all very much about how it affected me.
But then neither did you, Griff

Soz, Infi.
You can have one tonight where I don't get a look in, if you like.
Just don't make it the one where David Tennant is sniffing your hair.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #171
infinite monkey

My opinion on standing in awe of IM?

Oh, I'm all for it! Dream away!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #172
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Yebbut, even that was about how cleverly I phrased it.
Which on waking, was nowhere near as linguistically cunning as I thought.

Still, if you're happy to be my dream fall-guy, I'm happy to be in awe of you
Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #173
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I dreamt last night that I was trying to take a naked picture. And Sundae was in my dream too but I forgot what she did.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:52 AM   #174
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Damn, I couldn't have been that good then!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #175
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I'm just ashamed that I didn't consider IM's opinion at any point. It was all very much about how it affected me.
But then neither did you, Griff

If I've got to be confused with somebody, glatt is a nice choice.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:36 AM   #176
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

What a lovely thing to say! It's true of course.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #177
glatt

And I feel the same way about Griff.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:38 AM   #178
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I dreamed I was at a Crowded House concert with Dani.
It was all a bit mixed up (as my dreams usually are) because in the dream I was a bit ambivilant towards Dana and would rather have been alone. This is not the case in real life - I could spend endless time in her company. But I have been to see Crowded House with a woman I was fond of, but who would wind me up terribly on a regular basis.

The band thenselves were in flux. Paul Hester was drumming for example (dead now, RIP Hessie) and Jeremy Dyson was on keyboard at some point (I have seen him play as part of Rudolph Rocker, live as well as on TV)

A few (reasonably) concise parts I remember:
I was in the changing rooms getting ready for the concert. There were some children in there with me - M and D and some real littlies whose names I did not know. D is an elective mute, although I've had some success in getting him to talk at lunchtimes and break. In my dream he was chatting away to me in a very mature manner because one of the little girls he was (apparently) looking after had wet herself. Although I was surprised at his conversation I made no offer to help.

Dani and I went to watch a side event at the show. Mark Hart (who was Australian in the dream) was in a tent - turns out this was a festival. He was making an announcement for the people camping. Apparently, a lot of the children had worms, and parents weren't disposing of the nappies properly and it was in danger of becoming an epidemic. Dani was rummaging through the toys left in the creche. I kept having to shush her. She came up with some rare parts for toys she already owned. Shush! Then, between songs, Paul Hester turned to me and said I was acting like a kid in a baby bouncer (I was on a swivel office chair) and it was really distracting! No word about Dani and her clattery plastic toys!

A little later, as I was sat on the fringes of some other festival venue, Nick Seymour came and sat next to me, to interview me in his "persona" of an older Australian housewife. Yes, I know, shades of Dame Edna Everage, but in hindsight he actually looked like Derek Jarman dragged up. An accurate connection for my sleeping mind - they are not dissimilar, though I've never seen it before.

He asked me a question which I responded to is a squeaky cod-Australian accent. But to my shame he took me seriously and asked me another couple. I had to keep up the act and my accent was seriously slipping by the end - he didn't seem to hear it, but I knew this was going out live and was cringing at the response I would get from the Aussies on the Cellar.

I was also trying to neck half a dozen cans. This is mixed up from the whisky-in-a-can thread and a real event where I was with my parents at a BBQ and went to the toilet to open my cans of beer, so they would assume I was on the same one or two all evening, instead of the six or eight I was really having. Anyway in the dream I kept putting them down and having them knocked over - real festival memories I think! Dani was dousing her cigarettes in the empty cans and I kept having to spirit them away so she couldn't count them.

And that's all I have.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #179
infinite monkey

Weird. Just woke up from a dream and thought it was silly to find this thread to post about it because it would be a pain on this phone but I looked at who's online and this thread was right under the two logged in dwellars, being looked at by a guest.

In this dream me and two others won some Amazing Race type game, and a million dollars. One of my teammates was none other than Clodfobble! At the end we had to figure the answer for some poetic clue that had been provided us at the beginning, and compare to handwritten notes from other participants. This part we were doing around my moms kitchen table and the official was Mr G, my hs math teacher and basketball coach. Every so often someone would whisper an answer to him. I went to him with anyting I even remotely thought would be related.

Gonna ppost this part before I time out...I hate posting from this phone.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #180
infinite monkey

At one point I answered The Oregon Trail and Mr G pointed to things in the note, 'older' and 'newer' and it came to me: the transcontinental railroad! We won! Everyone else was mad but clod and whoever and I were going to split a million!

I wanted to get home to tell my family but a theme in my dreams lately is that I'm trying to pack a million things and I keep finding more and more. At one point I had two diffferent sized boat miniatures but not so mini; about one foot and two feet long.

I finally got home and was trying to tell everyone but no one cared. Everyone dismissed me. Next thing I knew I was in the bathroom slicing my arm with one of those hook knives.