The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 01-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #1321
glatt

Yeah, well even PBS is not immune.

I'm not sure what you're watching, but Shelock has a lot of violence, and even Downton Abbey has taken a dark turn in the most recent season with brutal violence as well.

Edit: And I think it's great Modern Family has a gay couple on it as main characters instead of just as wacky neighbors. The men being idiots thing is only part of the show. The women are idiots too. It's a sitcom. They all act like clowns so you laugh at them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #1322
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Best to stick with PBS
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #1323
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I have friends and family members that are gay, and I don't hate them. My feeling is that when somebody's bedroom antics become a political statement I get tired of hearing it. When my nephews came home from school with pamphlets glorifying the gay life style. I went to school the next day to complain that kindergartners and first graders do not need to even know that there is such a thing as the gay life style. When I voiced my concerns to the Principle I was told that I was just uninformed and needed to become enlightened. I moved the boys to their Grandfather's place in Texas.
Gay people are a fact of life in Laguna Beach Ca. I had no problem with gays and had several gay employees, they were hard working and honest. My biggest problem with the gay agenda is that they seem to have a sense of entitlement.
I choose not to watch shows that glorify the gay life style, and I do not support gay marriage for religious reasons (but that is a topic for another time.)
I know that I am a bigot, and will probably be hated I'm sorry but I will not change my mind.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 AM   #1324
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
I moved the boys to their Grandfather's place in Texas.
So they can grow up to beat gay men to death because they're big bad texans, hiding their "faggotry" because their uncle will whack their penis if they show even a little sign of sensitivity or compassion.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #1325
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I mean it's good you disconnected cable, because basic cable is all about the homos. ESPN, for example. Ever watch college football? 22 college-age, virile, succulent asses on the screen and sometimes they even bend over. On purpose.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #1326
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
I know that I am a bigot, and will probably be hated I'm sorry but I will not change my mind.
If someone knows they're a bigot, and refuses to change, is that better or worse than bigots who mange to convince themselves that they're not bigots?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #1327
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Ever watch college football? 22 college-age, virile, succulent asses on the screen and sometimes they even bend over. On purpose.
And they slap each other on the ass, too!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #1328
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
It's not just coincidence that women are not allowed in the locker room...
Old 01-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #1329
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Please take this shit to a more appropriate thread so I can more easily avoid it.

TIA

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #1330
fargon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
So they can grow up to beat gay men to death because they're big bad texans, hiding their "faggotry" because their uncle will whack their penis if they show even a little sign of sensitivity or compassion.
Their mother who came back into their lives soon after they moved to Texas would have never allowed them to belittle or get violent with anybody, gay, straight, or in between.
Now who is the bigot.
John my youngest nephew is gay and married to his partner.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:55 PM   #1331
gtown
Master of the Domain

where is this entitled plane flying?
Attached Images

gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #1332
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Cupertino, Calif?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #1333
Happy Monkey

"My family member/best friend is..." is a poor defense of bigotry in the best of circumstances, but "my nephew is gay married" really has no weight after you shipped your nephews (not sure if this nephew is one of those nephews) across state lines to keep them from seeing any references to gay people, and you explicitly say you don't support gay marriage.

Quote:
John my youngest nephew is gay (and I freaked out and uprooted him [or his cousins] when he [or they] were exposed to the existence of gay people) and married to his partner (which I oppose).
Presumably, you knew your nephew was in a same-sex marriage when you posted that you opposed gay marriage. Is it OK for him, but not anyone else? Or were you presenting your bona fides on opposing gay marriage even though your own nephew is in one?

Also, I don't support Spexxvet's implication that you would train them to be violently homophobic, but your response is that their mother shortly took custody back, and she wouldn't do that...
Quote:
Now who is the bigot.
Yeah, you didn't do yourself any favors on that question.
|_______________| [pics]
Old 01-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #1334
fargon

Actually I knew that he is gay for about 10 years, and married for 3 years. He got married in Hawaii I think. BTW he lives in Texas. My brother who lives in the same small town in Texas he grew up in is now called Karen. He/She does not feel entitled to anything, he works, and takes care of his house, and has a good life.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:51 PM   #1335
Happy Monkey

Is it your transgender brother who doesn't feel entitled, or your married gay nephew? What is it that they don't feel entitled to? Marriage? Being non-closeted? Being able to go out in public as Karen? Not having children whisked away if they enter a room?
|_______________| [pics]