The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 04-24-2003, 09:38 AM   #1
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

BBQ

As Griff and dave got me off on a tangent in another thread, it seems appropriate to begin a BBQ discussion now. (It's gotta be lunchtime somewhere!)

Anyone have favorites (ie recipes, restaurants, sauces)?

Rudy's by far has my favorite ribs and sauce. The Salt Lick is up there for atmosphere and sausage.

If any of you are ever in Lubbock (for some ungodly reason or another), you have to go to Cagle's Steakhouse. I had the 1-1/2" cooked medium rare, and it cut like butter.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:42 AM   #2
dave

As I said in that other thread, Jackson, Mississippi is home to <b>The Hickory Pit</b>, which is so small as to not have a website (that is easily locatable, anyway - they are mentioned on this page). But man oh man is it good.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:50 AM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

Folks up North need their bbq as well so if you're in Syracuse or Rochester NY you can hit theDinosaur bbq for huge portions, big crowds, and blues music. Pete and I will be checking out the Smokehouse in Appalachin, NY in a couple weeks, hoping for a similar if smaller scale scene.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:50 AM   #4
mwbEEf
Not a urine monkey

famous Dave's

for my money, Famous Dave's is where its at:

http://www.famousdaves.com

good times
Old 04-24-2003, 02:07 PM   #5
Jakeline
Disorderly Orderly

The Pit in Racho Cucamonga, CA. It's in the middle of a strip mall, and looks like crap in there, like a bad take-out place. The food, though, is wonderful. Smoky, sweet, and spicy, and they have great peach cobbler, collared greens, and dirty rice.

The lady who owns the place goes by Mom. If we're feeding more than just ourselves (my husband and I), then we tell her how many people we're feeding and how hungry we are. She always comes up with something good.

So, if you're out here, drop by. Just.. kinda ignore the ambiance. It's all about the food.
Jakeline is offline   Reply With Quote