The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 04-28-2004, 09:27 AM   #1
TheLorax
Keeper of the Decorum

you are all going to hell

Kirk Cameron has spoken.
http://www.wayofthemaster.com
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2004, 09:33 AM   #2
glatt

wow. I took the test, and Kirk said I was going to Hell.

Last edited by glatt; 04-28-2004 at 09:40 AM.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:48 AM   #3
TheLorax
Keeper of the Decorum

that's where the party will be

You lasted longer than I did, I fear I was stalled out at the starting gun.

I love how they claim to not only know what “God” thinks, feels, and believes but they put words into his mouth.

“You may call it your “personal belief” but God calls it idolatry.”

Hmm, is that what God calls it really? How do you suppose they know that? This borders on blasphemy.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:56 AM   #4
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Way of the Master?

This guy?

How about this guy?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

That was just entirely too annoying. I made it through the first question and that was about it. I'll take it as a given that THEY would determine that I'm going to their Hell. Silly christians.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:42 AM   #6
russotto
Professor

Is there a special place in Hell for people who use the name of the Lord to sell their propaganda? Or do they just go into the general population?

What's "WJDD" anyway? Isn't it supposed to be "WWJD"? Or "INRI"?
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #7
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Someone needs to deprogram Kirk Cameron before he swallows the cool aid.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:40 AM   #8
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Hmph!! There are only a few that are living word for word the "way of the master" (seeing as though sin is of the mind AND the body).

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:59 AM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
Someone needs to deprogram Kirk Cameron before he swallows the cool aid.
Nah. Just let him. Simpler, really.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 04-28-2004, 12:20 PM   #10
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Okay. I got my courage together and tried it again.

It's a lot easier if you go through the lowspeed version, since you don't have to listen to Kirk whining at you throughout the presentation.

According to the test, I should prepare to be smited at any time.

I read their logo as "WDJD" -- Who Does Jesus Damn?

Old 04-28-2004, 12:24 PM   #11
wolf
lobber of scimitars

WDJD

Apparently it's the hot new question. It just doesn't have bracelets, teeshirts, keychains or bumperstickers yet.

(I'm more of a WWWD "what would Wotan do" kind of girl.)

Old 04-28-2004, 02:26 PM   #12
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

I know what Jesus wouldn't do. He wouldn't create some crass website ostensibly to bring people to Him, but in reality to sell some DVD sets at $60 a pop.

I believe that Jesus is who he said he was. But I don't want anything to teach me to "market" Jesus.

Jesus is way too cool for those people.
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:40 PM   #13
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Just for the sake of argument, at this moment, I'll say that Jesus, if he existed, was probably much cooler than most people deserve today.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:58 PM   #14
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'll say that Jesus, if he existed, was probably much cooler than most people deserve today.

Well, taking up a part of your argument you probably never intended... do you seriously have doubts whether a man named Jesus actually existed? Not that he was who he said he was, just that he existed at all? I mean, come on... the amount of historical reference to him is staggering.

We base our entire knowledge of ancient Greek society on a body of firsthand literature that's absurdly small, and never think twice about whether maybe everything we know is completely and totally off (Caligula was insane, you say? Only one document says so.) The number of documents referencing a person named Jesus and the key events in his life is exponentially larger, mostly because it was more recent history.

Lots of people don't believe he was a messiah. Lots of people believe specifics of the stories, like the birth in a stable and sleeping in a manger, are a tall tale. But I really don't see how you can say he didn't exist.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:02 PM   #15
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter
Just for the sake of argument, at this moment, I'll say that Jesus, if he existed, was probably much cooler than most people deserve today.
If Jesus were alive today, they would probably ship him off to Guantanamo Bay as an 'enemy combatant'.

BTW, I did break a commandment. I purposely lied so that I could get to the end of the test. If you answer all of the questions 'Innocent', you're still going to Hell. To be sure, I went back and took the test as a Christian to check. Talk about a rigged game. I had to turn off the sound to wait for the responses.

I remember one great line from a Cheech and Chong routine. "I used to be messed up on drugs, then I found God. Now I'm all messed up on God".

I hope God never asks Kirk to fly a plane into a building.

To be fair, he does run a foundation to run a camp for terminally ill children. But of all dogooders, I think I'd rather hang out with Paul Newman.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote