The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 09-10-2002, 09:01 PM   #31
mlandman
Coronation Incarnate

my point re: starting this entire debate was..

that there is no evidence of bad policing. could also be police brutality. Who knows. Either way, showing an activist getting arrested doesn't really mean: "bad policing", unless the photo shows something that really wouldn't be appropriate no matter WHAT the activist could have done.

For example, shoving a police baton up his ass.

Aside from that, it's hard to say the police were 'randomly arresting innocent people for no reason'.

-mike
mlandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 06:52 AM   #32
CharlieG
Hoodoo Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff

...snip.... I'd like to try the Republic again.
"A republic if you can keep it" - Ben Franklin to Mrs Powel
CharlieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 02:42 AM   #33
NateXLH1000
Wiseacre Emeritus

BATTLE OF THE MONSTER ASSES!

I read the critical mass site.
Now I want to kick their asses.
http://www.subluna.com/CriticalMass/...ides.php?ID=49
Stopping in the middle of a busy intersection, putting down their bikes and dancing!?

Stomp they ass!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all types of cycling but fools like this are all on a power trip.
If guys on motorcycles assembled in these numbers, they would have ALL been cited for "parade without permit"
Old 09-16-2002, 10:26 AM   #34
BruteForce
Lead Subordinate

From the website mentioned above.

i swear we were invincible with that many people. went from park blocks to eastside hawthorne up and back around burnside to west 23rd and up. it was crazy. the slashed tire was certainly deserved. screw doing positive outreach to every single carheaded asshole who hates that we bike and can't stand watching us have fun while he's stuck in his box. what more does he want, he's already sitting on his fat ass anyway and the TV will still be there when he gets home. he was revving his engine all tough and making clouds of exhaust billow over burnside, yelling at us, flipping us off so he found his car surrounded by happy cyclists. he was being such an ass that a fellow in a white pickup next to him which was just as blocked as he was came out of his car. at first I thought he might be pissed at us too and ready to start some shit but he comes out and starts yelling at the asshole in the red station wagon all like "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?? SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ASSHOLE!!!" just going OFF like caraaaazy and that got the crowd all sorts of riled up. guy was still all yelling though, "they have to move, they just have to get outta my fuckin way blah blah."......<<PHOOPH!>>...then the back end of his car falls a couple inches and after a tense moment the crowd of bikers cruise along down the lane, the perpetrator completely anonymous and let me tell you it was beeeeeautiful!!!!! nextime he see's critical mass he'll roll his windows up and keep his fuckin mouth shut, we don't need his sympathy or support....or maybe he'll be ready with a sawed off shotgun under his drivers seat....we'll see. as for the tagging cars, i dunno, didn't see any. and as for the smackin' the bus.....who gives a fuck, we smacked the bus. how unruly and violent of us. whatever.

The whole event has become nothing more than a scheduled riot. The police were justified in what they did.
BruteForce is offline   Reply With Quote