The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-20-2005, 01:18 PM   #16
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

yeah one of my best friends and the guy I've been in 4 bands with was raised menonite, the thing is that they moved here because although they believe in that particular sect, his father has a... I dunno obsession with technology (he's a comp. sci proffessor at KU now) so, although they don't prohibit technology the was the amish do, it was kinda frowned upon.. anyway!

so kind of near coffeeville ( I always wanted to live there just because of the name, although.. man that place SUCKS!!) just curious, as to the radio, give XM a try (an ex- g/fs' brother is an over the road trucker and he swears by it) anyway! good luck, if you ever get up to witchita check out kirbys' beer store.. it's a bar that does do some good live music) other than that good luck.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:04 AM   #17
cowhead

3-4 hours s/w of witchita? oh crap! you really are in the middle of nowhere... that's over by dodge/the colorado border... you ought to go see mrnoodles band in colorado if you get the chance.. check out some of his stuff on myspace.. look for gashead or I can post a link.. well... actually I'll just do that..

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...20050523100053
(assuming the link works)

good stuff! if for whatever reason you might find yourself up in this neck of the woods I can shw you where to get cheap beer/drinks and good music.

the world is an odd and large place, although seemingly getting smaller by the moment.. I think that's a good thing.. then again the loss of regional identity could be a problem in the long run.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #18
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Yes, we are about 40 miles west of Dodge. We ARE in the middle of nowhere, which doesn't really bother me...hell, it's kind of nice not being bombarded with corporate crap every time we go to a nearby town. We don't even have a decent grocery store nearby. But, it makes life interesting. We save a lot of money, not eating out. If we want to go to the bar, we go to the one in Copeland, at which a large pitcher of beer costs 5.00. I enjoy the solitude for the most part. It's peaceful.

We will be in Wichita next weekend, but we are heading over to the Pagan Festival (put on by Elspode) which is near Kansas City (I think). Maybe we will get a chance to go do something on Saturday night after we get the kids.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:02 AM   #19
cowhead

damn I need to contact him about that.. being a little on the pagan side although not.. well.. I'm agnostic.. although I tend to believe in the 'older' religions more.. long damn story.. sorry to hear you're all the damn way out there.. if you ever end up in Lawrence, it'll be breath of fresh.. mostly liberal air.. more coffee shops and live music than you can throw a rock at.. unless you are really handy with the rock throwing
Old 05-24-2005, 02:04 AM   #20
cowhead

wait... there's not a dillons handy? (the store..) sure they got bought out by Kroger, but the Dillon family is from around Newton.. met Jenny Dillon(went to school with a friend of mine.. damn nice girl for being stinking rich).. huh good luck with living down there..may I ask why you are down there? ( I assume family or a job)