The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #4306
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Mother of freaking god...there isn't a rental car to be had from north of here all the way to Cincy, due to the Dayton Air show. Can I get a freaking break?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #4307
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Not today. Evidently.

You are having a "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day".

My sympathies.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #4308
Shawnee123

Hehehee...yeah, not today. My dad just called and said to play the lottery, my luck is gonna change BIG.

So, I added the beater car back onto insurance. Yeeesh.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #4309
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Wow, capnhowdy. Is that where you live?

Will you adopt me? And my extended family?

All seriousness aside, it's a beautiful place.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #4310
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm pretty sure that's where he works, meaning it was his job to clean up that mess.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #4311
Travelcaster
Worthless

My gps took me off of the LIE in Queens while driving to NJ. It was supposedly detecting traffic conditions ahead. So I neglected my better judgment and did what it told me. It had no idea where the fuck I was in about 3 minutes. While I was lost it just recalculated. I got to where I was supposed to be 45 minutes late, but the worst part is that I had fender bender outside of a tunnel that I wouldn't have been anywhere near had it not been for that fucking GPS.
Travelcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #4312
Griff
still says videotape

So you're saying you were targeted for elimination by Garmin? O brave new world...
Old 07-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #4313
Travelcaster
Worthless

Maybe not targeted, but definitely hit like a bulls eye.
Travelcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #4314
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

The navman does the same thing. We had a trip of over an hour the other day because I wasn't quite sure how to get somewhere. Turns out (after taking a trip to China) that I could have driven there in less than half the time it took the navman to get me there in.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #4315
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512 View Post
Wow, capnhowdy. Is that where you live?

Will you adopt me? And my extended family?

All seriousness aside, it's a beautiful place.
Not my place, Dar. I am the Butler/ Caretaker there. I am housesitting at the moment, (with brief relief from one cow orker). But I am responsible for everything that happens there from the kids making it to school/dance/cheer/gym/ et al..... toilets flushing to bank deposits.... yada yadayada....
Six full timers here. Yeah... resonsible for them too. 5 kids, one autistic. Six cars 9 4 wheelers, 2 motorcycles and a golf cart. I love my fucking job, and my job loves fucking me.
I started as their personal graphic/faux artist, but we finished the project and well.... Here I am. Nice salary, too... I might add. But basically 24/7. The bar is always stocked tho. Hell... I stock it.
Another one of life's little pluses.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #4316
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelcaster View Post
My gps took me off of the LIE in Queens while driving to NJ. It was supposedly detecting traffic conditions ahead. So I neglected my better judgment and did what it told me. It had no idea where the fuck I was in about 3 minutes. While I was lost it just recalculated. I got to where I was supposed to be 45 minutes late, but the worst part is that I had fender bender outside of a tunnel that I wouldn't have been anywhere near had it not been for that fucking GPS.
I deal with that by saying, "Shut up, DirectionsBitch. I'm driving where I want to."

Latest update on the car thing. I had a ride arranged to either work or the dealership today. I called shortly before I was to leave, and they said the car should be ready around 1730. Not good, as I have to be in work at 1600.

Ride came, momwolf's friend was nice enough to even stop off at the convenience store for me so I could grab a soda.

Got to work a bit early, so went in to find chaos erupting all over and the day shift trying to scoot out of there like scalded cats. Went into the nurses station, swiped in, and my phone rang.

Yeah. The car was done and available to be picked up. I actually had up until 2000 to get there.

No such luck. It was so freaking busy I couldn't even take the 15 minutes or so it would have taken to get a ride down, pay, and ride back.

I will have to arrange for a ride to the dealership tomorrow.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #4317
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Shawnee: Oh Noes! No no no!
Since your car was so new, can you get "new for old" replacement? Down here, if your car is less than 12 months old, they give you a new one (and take ownership of the old and repair it if possible). Chase your insurance company for that.

Wolf: damn, $850 for a fuel pump? That seems like a lot to me. But then, I've mostly owned old-style, simple cars.

Capn: nice billet! but the toilet paper wrapping is pretty minor, really; more of a "mildly irritating" thing I would have said. Teenage dickheadery, no doubt, but they didn't smash stuff or steal stuff.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #4318
Shawnee123

My brother is talking to an attorney friend (brother has pullz) and from now on both insurance companies are going to have to talk directly to my lawyer. Seems that even my insurance agency will try to cheap out by getting it fixed where THEY want, maybe not even using Saturn parts.

I am unable to bargain, threaten, insist...so this is probably the best route. As I lamented how evil and thieving the world is (I can only be honest, I don't understand anything else) my brother said you can't change it, it just is, and you have to deal with it...and mentioned his friend.

How far I would have gone in this world if only I had been a stone cold evil and lying person.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #4319
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
A kid ran a red light this morning, when I was almost to work. Demolished my car. I haven't had it but two weeks.

Everyone is OK. Though there were witnesses who saw him run the light he is claiming it's a conspiracy against him, but he is OK and I am OK and they're just vehicles. In the grand scheme, it means nothing. But, still, I'm a bit sad.
WOW! that totally sucks. Sorry to hear about that. From reading the rest of the threads it sounds like they are going to take care of things. Was it brand new?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #4320
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
How far I would have gone in this world if only I had been a stone cold evil and lying person.
Possibly a very long way. And you could be Madoff Rich.

Tags
swiss