The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 06-05-2006, 09:29 AM   #1
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Im a frickin lunatic

OK guys... Im not a frequent user on here, but I was hoping I could get some input, and maybe find a few people in a similar situation.

I just get rediculously sad sometimes. I just get hysterical and cry for seemingy no reason. For example. I had a pretty good weekend, and then last night I went to bed aroudn 11:00 with my boyfriend... all of a sudden I felt all weighed down and started to cry... didnt fall asleep until maybe 1AM... Then again this morning.. I was ok, but then I looked at my online banking thing and noticed that one place overcharged me by $5 bucks...and I got hysterical again... Just a few months ago, I was taking the train to work and it was crowded, so I was in the area in between trains (do it all the time).. the conductor came through and told me I couldnt be there so I moved inside.... started crying... cried on and off all day...

Ive had these mini depressions (never last too long...weeks rather than months...sometimes even just days...or hours) for a long time.. I always just attributed them to low self esteem and being alone.... but now I am in a relationship... still low self esteem but just really dont care as much about my appearance now... and yet I still just get painfully sad and anxious....

My family has a history of this... my mom took some hormones and got better, but the timeing of her bouts was always when she had too much estrogen... With me, it could be any time ...

I dont really want to go to a psychiatrist because its not like im bi polar, and im not clinically depressed.... Im just really really really sad sometimes... more often than I should be...

Anyone else like this?
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Would you not go to a doc because you just have a hairline fracture, not a 'real' broken bone with blood and gore and everything? If this is something that has been recurring, (over years) and is increasing in frequency and or duration, get thyself to a psychiatrist/psycologist/conselor right away. Just do it. Explain to him/her exactly what you said here (print it and let them read it if you are embarassed).

Like you, I felt like my littel 'episodes' were only little, so what was the big deal. And I was ON medication already. An appointment with a new doc, a new pill, and I swear after only 2 weeks I am a new woman. Well, more precicely, the one I used to be.

Please don't let your pride get in the way of a happy life. Good luck. Please stay in touch here. PM me if you want!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Hi labrat, thanks for the response...

I guess Im just afraid of overstating the situation maybe... And also that if I was to take meds, I wouldnt know if they were working for a long time because I can sometimes go 4 or 5 months without an out of the ordinary episode...

I think a lot of it is that I dont trust myself... I dont know if this is just normal ... or if Im a subconscious attention seeker... ugh...

I probably should just bite the bullet and go... Its not about pride.. I woudnt be embarassed to go or to talk... I just dont know if my situation is 'bad enough' (which you addresses...and yes if I was phsycally ill id send my butt right to the doctor... I dont know why this seems so different... maybe because if my leg hurts, I know that I did something to my leg...but if Im sad, maybe Im just supposed to be sad... maybe I dont like my job and thats why I cried at night.... ugh... I dunno)
Old 06-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Munchkin. You need to go. Labrat is 100% right--re-read her post. You deserve to be well. Now. Go to a doctor. I love the idea about printing what you wrote in your first post if you need help articulating to the doc. You are sad enough to need some help.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:46 AM   #5
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Thanks guys... youre right...maybe I just needed some encouragement... I will call and make an appointment
Old 06-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'm going to jump on the "go see someone, and not just your family doctor" bandwagon. A little professional support can go a long way.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #7
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin
Thanks guys... youre right...maybe I just needed some encouragement... I will call and make an appointment
and remember to be a good Munchkin and actually GO to the appointment, OK?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 06-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #8
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

no, BUT

stress coupled with a physical illness.loss of job,stress and having to work 15 hour days did make me feel a little fragile.Not depressed but tired all the time. I finally went to the doctor and a blood test revealed an abnormal thyroid. I would get weepy but usually not until after I let my guard down after a work week as I described.

Go to your medical doctor 'first' and rule out anything physical.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #9
skysidhe

Mostly I just try not to take other peoples emotions into myself and being healthy makes that journey alot easier.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #10
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

have you tried the reefer?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:22 AM   #11
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm with skysidhe. Go see a doctor first. Find out if there's a physical reason for your emotional state. I know at one stage I was carrying on like a fruitloop and it was all because my body couldn't cope with the birth control method I was using at the time. It caused my body to store iron which then revealed that I have a gene which means I'm more suceptible to a particular liver disorder...blah blah blah...what it came down to was my birth control was causing me to be eratic in my behaviours to the point of breakdown. (the stress I was under at the time certainly wasn't helping either)

Anyway, that's my blurb on this thread. I hope you get things sorted out soon Munchkin. Maybe you should check out the pms thread?
Old 06-07-2006, 06:49 AM   #12
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Any psychiatrist worth his/her salt will do a TSH level. That is standard. You don't need a family doc to run this interference for you. Psych's do blood work all the time.

—James Barrie

Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 AM   #13
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
and remember to be a good Munchkin and actually GO to the appointment, OK?
Will do....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
Go to your medical doctor 'first' and rule out anything physical.
Actually have done that a few times... havent found anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
have you tried the reefer?
Lol yes.... just a temporary bandaid though Cant afford to smoke as much as I like, but it does help most of the time. Sometimes unfortunately it heightens my anxiety..and Im a wierdo... I think back to things I said or did YEARS ago...even from my pre teens, and get freaked out about stuff that Im sure Im the only one who remembers... usually Im able to turn that paranoia like feeling off since I know exactly whats causing it hehee... the green bismuth usually calms me though...

Im also very lucky to have a boyfriend that knows when I get like that to just hold me and talk to me...My mother was unlucky...my father used to get angry at her when she cried, told her to "shake it off" *rolls eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha
*snip* Anyway, that's my blurb on this thread. I hope you get things sorted out soon Munchkin. Maybe you should check out the pms thread?
Thank you for your blurb .... I will check out that pms thread... Im sure it will be a good place to share stuff.. I know this isnt that though since the 'incidents' are spread out over my cycle...although the anger outbursts are usually during pms times hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Any psychiatrist worth his/her salt will do a TSH level. That is standard. You don't need a family doc to run this interference for you. Psych's do blood work all the time.
Whats TSH ?

----------------

Todays a good day... this is what usually happens when I finally decide to try to figure out whats going on with me... I have a good day...things are fine for a month or so...and I do nothing... I have to make myself do this though, because this has been going on for maybe 14 years....
Old 06-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #14
skysidhe

Us poor women full of hormomes. It takes alot to keep our machine in balance.
Luckily we have those tears to tell us something is wrong and to act as an outlet valve.

otherwise we'd all be woman-terminators.

well 'cept for me. I'm a damn Salmon.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #15
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
Us poor women full of hormomes. It takes alot to keep our machine in balance.
Luckily we have those tears to tell us something is wrong and to act as an outlet valve.

otherwise we'd all be woman-terminators.

well 'cept for me. I'm a damn Salmon.
A Salmon?