The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-09-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
Jeboduuza
Custom User Title

Caught your attention?

what have u guys noticed and developed as the best way to name a thread post, so that people will view it and hopefully reply/respond.

i guess htis is my introduction too since lumberjim so nicely asked "....and who are u again?" to me in cellar meta.
im a computer game nerd and thats how i like it, here to help make up the meltin pot thi splace is
Old 06-09-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

welcome to the cellar Jeb. We need more nerds around here. We're all just way too cool.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Point of order: nerds know how to spell, and choose to do so as a matter of pride. Being a gamer is mainstream. I'm sick of you people (i.e. anyone belonging to any group, no matter how unmarginalized) appropriating our word.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Point of order: nerds know how to spell, and choose to do so as a matter of pride. Being a gamer is mainstream. I'm sick of you people (i.e. anyone belonging to any group, no matter how unmarginalized) appropriating our word.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
Cloud

Jeb==your profile says you are 18. Are you?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
Jeboduuza
Custom User Title

Yes, I am. Sorry Clodfobble, if I'm not too particular particularly meticulous on the current drapery of my hands on my grey, metallic keyboard that I so ever grace my fingers upon. It is absurd for your over assuming persona to categorize myself as a "mainstream" gamer because that is one thing I am not. Sure, my favorite game is Counter Strike: Source but is there any other evidence to proof otherwise that I am a casual gamer? You don't know how many civilizations I've crushed, how many necromancers I've fell or how many headshots I have accumulated. When I am pwning n00bs in dust I prefer to say "fk man whree were u guys, htey all rushed B!!!" not "I'm terribly sorry, but if you, comrades, would please amend the terrorist attack of bomb site B, because I am all alone in this lonely crevice, waiting with only a glock."

And unlike "casual gamers" I am PSYCHED to the exponetial degree about StarCraft 2 because that game is in the greatest chance percantile of completely consuming the very depths of my life, social, academic and health.

Please don't be so quick to judge.

cuz fk man im just like u
Old 06-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeboduuza
Yes, I am. Sorry Clodfobble, if I'm not too particular particularly meticulous on the current drapery of my hands on my grey, metallic keyboard that I so ever grace my fingers upon. It is absurd for your over assuming persona to categorize myself as a "mainstream" gamer because that is one thing I am not. Sure, my favorite game is Counter Strike: Source but is there any other evidence to proof otherwise that I am a casual gamer? You don't know how many civilizations I've crushed, how many necromancers I've fell or how many headshots I have accumulated. When I am pwning n00bs in dust I prefer to say "fk man whree were u guys, htey all rushed B!!!" not "I'm terribly sorry, but if you, comrades, would please amend the terrorist attack of bomb site B, because I am all alone in this lonely crevice, waiting with only a glock."

And unlike "casual gamers" I am PSYCHED to the exponetial degree about StarCraft 2 because that game is in the greatest chance percantile of completely consuming the very depths of my life, social, academic and health.

Please don't be so quick to judge.

cuz fk man im just like u
I promise, you are nothing like me, "man."

But you miss the point: even being a really, really, dedicated gamer* does not make you a "nerd." It makes you a gamer. (Maybe even one on par with the average Korean!) But please rest assured, I am definitely not questioning your willingness to sacrifice your social skills to the altar of gaming.

*and seriously, StarCraft 2? This does not count as fringe, dear. Really.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #8
Jeboduuza
Custom User Title

what constitutes a "nerd" then, honey

like, a bookworm?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Dude , if you have to ask ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ya just might be one !!!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #10
freshnesschronic
Professor

YOU WANNA SEE A NERD?
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:19 PM   #11
Cloud

it's a mystery which threads take off and which don't. A good title helps, though.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
KateZ
Resident-in-Training

I'm new. This got my attention. But then, I've been lurking here for a year and just signed up the other day. It was because I wanted to play the grocery store game. I was sure I was right with pot roast. I wasn't. So...grocery store games...that's what did it for me.

Looking forward to playing nicely with all of you!
KateZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #13
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Nerdz RULE!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #14
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateZ View Post
I'm new. This got my attention. But then, I've been lurking here for a year and just signed up the other day. It was because I wanted to play the grocery store game. I was sure I was right with pot roast. I wasn't. So...grocery store games...that's what did it for me.

Looking forward to playing nicely with all of you!
Bienvenidos a la Cellar! Mucho gusto nueva mujer!
Welcome to the Cellar. Very nice to meet you, new woman.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #15
nappyboy2003
Pithy Euphemist

LOL that kid must be soo retarted he sounds really retarted. somone plz explain to me what is the Grocey store game?