Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #631
W.HI.P
Free

BTW, nice guarentee on the Bears.
Thats a stupid pick, given the fact that they're TRYING to lose.
How could you pick a team thats looking at the draft for your base of the week?
Gamo tin panagia sou.
Ap to kolo vevaia, na min xepartheniaso tin poutana.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #632
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Allrighty then, would someone please give me some sort of translation on that?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #633
W.HI.P
Free

I Im'd you the translation
Old 12-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #634
tru_piks_4u
Resident Denizen

NHL PICKS

DEC. 7

MINNY @ DETROIT
I can't see how the red wings lose this one. They're at home and they are better than the wild at every part of this game except goaltending. Minny will have to stay out of the penalty box to stay close in this one. The wild will be without M. Koivu and they're captain M. Parrish.
Take Detroit

ANAHIEM @ CHICAGO
The Ducks are a much better team then what they've shown this year. Now that Scotty is returning look for his leadership and skill to turn this team around. Though he is not back until the ducks finish they're road trip. P. Kane (Chicago) has been on a slump and Lalime will start which helps me pick the Ducks for this one.
Take Anahiem

OTTAWA @ DALLAS
Look for the Sens to go on another winning run. Alfredssons back and that should help a whole lot. Now that the Stars are starting a slump you have to jump on this pick tonight.
Take the Sens

SAN JOSE @ PHOENIX
The best bet of the night. The sharks have dominated the coyotes this year (4-1, 5-0 and 6-0). I can't see why this game will be any different. The Sharks could be a team to win it all.
Take the Sharks

NBA PICKS

DEC. 7

I only like one spread tonight but a game to watch is UTAH @ SAN ANTONIO. I would take SA but Duncans a game time decision. The best teams out of the west imo.

NY @ PHI - 4.5
Randolph vs. Iguodala. Randolph will win that battle while Marbury will put up numbers in an emotional game for him since his father passed away. I believe the Knicks are a better team this year than their previous teams that Isaiah put together. The Knicks win their second road game of the year.
Take NY

NFL PICKS

DALLAS 12.5 @ DETROIT
DALLAS IS BETTER THAN DETROIT PERIOD. Without Roy Williams (WR for Detroit) Dallas should've got a New England spread.
GO Cowboys

NYG @ PHI 3.0
Eli is going to have a great game against this weak pass d. With the safety help out on Shockey, it will leave man on man against a great group of recievers. Westbrook should have a good game but thats the only player i see playing well for the Eagles. Giants win 27-20.
Take the Giants

OAK @ GB 10.5
This Raider d is overrated and will be exposed this week in Lambeau. Favre might be hurt but when isn't he. If Ryan Grant gets to touch the ball 15-20 times he will have a 100 yard game. Fargas and the running game for Oakland will get contained for 24-6 loss.
Take the Pack

ARI @ SEA 7.5
With or without arizonas top 2 wr i would still take Seattle. Arizonas weakest part of the team is their O-line. Seattle is number 2 in the league with sacks. Warner is hurt being the teams best QB. Seattle hass a great pass defence. Arizonas pass d is banged up and they fall at 24th in the league. Though I believe that Arizonas d is underrated I don't think they have enough depth at db for Seattles 4-5 solid recievers. Last but not least, Seattle is playing at home meaning Arizona has to play with the 12th man, Good Luck.
Take Seattle

MIN 10 @ SF
The best run d vs. Frank Gore and the rest of that Offence. It's simple, San Fran puts up maybe 9 points and the best running back duo in the league puts up at least 21 points.
Take the Vikings

PIT @ NE 10.5
I've been saying it for a while, the Steelers are the only team that cold beat the Pats. The number 1 Defence against the number 1 Offence. On the flip side Big ben and his Offence are much better than ppl think and Tedy and his Defence are much worst than ppl think. The Steelers win this one to end the perfect season.
Take the Steelers
Old 12-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #635
W.HI.P
Free

I like your NHL picks again trupicks.
I would add the Thrashers tonight, as they'll be winning more than loosing with a full roster again.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #636
W.HI.P
Free

NHL scores

Minnesota 0-5 Detroit
Ottawa 4-3 Dallas
Anaheim 5-3 Chicago
San Jose 1-0 Phoinex
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
NY Rangers 2-4 Atlanta Thrashers

Now that is what we call:Perfection!
Old 12-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #637
W.HI.P
Free

Congrats on your NHL picks.

I just have to point out one thing about one game in your nfl picks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_piks_4u View Post

ARI @ SEA 7.5

Though I believe that Arizonas d is underrated I don't think they have enough depth at db for Seattles 4-5 solid recievers.

Take Seattle
Umm, excuse me, the Seahawks don't have ANY solid WR's
Old 12-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #638
W.HI.P
Free

One more thing, the net win/loss record of the opponents Seattle has faced this year is -23.
So...yeah, when looking at stats, one must consider all things.
Seattle's defence sucks.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:08 AM   #639
tru_piks_4u
Resident Denizen

Seattles Wideouts all can be solid 2-3 receivers on any team. They don't have a real number one but the list goes on for them.
Bobby Engram 72 874 4
Deion Branch 36 506 2
Nate Burleson 34 453 5
D.J. Hackett 28 343 3
Those are pretty solid numbers to me and watching them play,as i watch every game for as long as i could week in and week out, each one makes plays.
You need to give me more than one reason why youu dont like this team. Or is it maybe because they ruined your teams playoff hopes?
Old 12-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #640
tru_piks_4u
Resident Denizen

Last time I checked in this league wins are hard to come by. It doesnt matter who you play. Most teams bulit their teams to beat their divison rivals and for quite some time now the Seahawks are still at the top of their division.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #641
tru_piks_4u
Resident Denizen

ps. thanks for your congrats
Old 12-08-2007, 01:22 AM   #642
W.HI.P
Free

Emotion does not pay when wagering 4-5 grand.
Some of the greatest single day profits that i've ever had have been on bets that involve my favorite team loosing.

Regarding the AZ-Sea game, My only intention here, is to correct a mistake I see in your post. I see more than this, but this one in particular stands out. Try to focus a little more on who Seattle has played against this year. What kind of offences they were up against.
After that, take another look at their defence and then come back to this game and judge it a little more clearer.
In fact, with or without these two superstar WR's, Arizona is a better team all around. Yes, playing at home can be a factor, but this game is a little more important than some of the others in week 14.
This game specifically looks to be the game that will determine which one of the two teams will make the playoffs.
So, the better team(Arizona), will step up for it.
You can't just look past that.
Any team in the NFL would have good stats with the kind of schedule Seattle has had so far, especially defencivly.
This defence has not change much since last year, and last year, it was full of holes, even with the greater running game which gave the defence greater time to rest.
Holmgreen afterall, is an offencive minded coach.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:30 AM   #643
tru_piks_4u
Resident Denizen

Other than two games Arizona has the same schedule. What makes them better than Seattle. Especially in this game, where Arizonas banged up, i can't see how the cardinals stand a chance.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:37 AM   #644
tru_piks_4u
Resident Denizen

Plus the 12th man. We're talking about Seattle being at home. The loudest stadium. The game is sunday, we will just see what happens.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #645
W.HI.P
Free

They're not as banged up as they seem.
Yes, Boldin will be missed, but Fitzgerald makes an absolute elite #1 WR.
And, I don't know if you've been watching, but WR Bryant Johnson is of a greater caliburer player than any WR Seattle has.
And James is solid.
The offence that arizona has, works.
As I said before, Holmgreen's OL is the one thing that is working.
If you've really watched Seattle this year, you'd see that despite the great OL, the team simply cannot work and goes into 3 and out spells as the team is generally predictable.

Resume: The greatest factor in this game that you're missing, is Arizona's offence vs Seattle's defence.
Arizona is gonna score, its as simple as that.