The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 05-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
cklabyrinth
spring of my discontent

Temporary job: asking someone out?

I work for a contractor and we're doing a recarpet job at a decently sized office. The assistant office manager has asked a couple of the crew members about me (I'm on site once or twice a day, and it's a completely weekend job). Anyway, I'm pretty attracted to her and I'll probably ask her out at some point.

My question(s) is if it would be unprofessional for me to ask her out before the job is completely finished? If it isn't, it'd still be awkward for me to go to her office, ask the receptionist for her, and then ask her out. So, I was thinking of sending her flowers with a note requesting her to give me a call. Can anyone think of a better way of going about it? Thanks.

(This is all assuming the crew members aren't just jacking with me and that if they were, she's at least noticed me the few times I've seen her there.)
cklabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:17 AM   #2
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Just hang around the water cooler.

Seriously though, I'd wait till after the job's done before asking her out. Mainly just for the sake of maintaining your professionalism during the course of the job. It wont take too long to finish will it?
Old 05-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
cklabyrinth
spring of my discontent

I'm really hoping another complication doesn't come up, so we should be done this Friday. We should have been done two days ago but our carpet contractor was sent the wrong carpet from the mill.

Any tips on asking her out once the job's done? This is uncharted territory for me.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklabyrinth View Post
Any tips on asking her out once the job's done? This is uncharted territory for me.
Just ask. Don't hedge it in a lot of bullshit. You're attracted, you think she might be attracted to you. I'll let Dire Straits say it for me, "You and me babe. How 'bout it?"

Yes you're a probably a nice, sensitive guy, but she and everyone else probably already have this impression.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
Aliantha

Maybe you could ask her if she'd like to 'christen' the new carpet with you on friday night?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Or just pull the "nice shoes, wanna fuck".

Damn I love horny drunk boys making a fool out of themselves…

He went 0 for 8 so the odds are pretty bad….I would go for it.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
cklabyrinth
spring of my discontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant View Post
Just ask. Don't hedge it in a lot of bullshit. You're attracted, you think she might be attracted to you. I'll let Dire Straits say it for me, "You and me babe. How 'bout it?"

Yes you're a probably a nice, sensitive guy, but she and everyone else probably already have this impression.
Well, yeah just ask. But I'll need an excuse to see her at work since I'll have to go through and wait in the waiting area (it's a psychiatrist's office). I guess something as simple as just asking the receptionist for her, then asking her out in front of probably 5-10 people waiting could work.

If she says no I can always ask her for an information sheet to talk to a psychiatrist after. lol.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #8
Aliantha

Maybe you could just call the office and ask to speak to her? Ask her out over the phone. If she's hot for you, I'm sure she'll remember who you are.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #9
cklabyrinth
spring of my discontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Maybe you could just call the office and ask to speak to her? Ask her out over the phone. If she's hot for you, I'm sure she'll remember who you are.
If not, I'd better hope I don't have to quote any more jobs at that particular office.

Good idea about the phone call.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #10
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Leave a small tool behind at the office. (Make sure it has your name on it!) It gives you an excuse to go back a day later, after you miss it. But I personally would go with the phone call idea. (I'd be tempted to do an email, if I could find her address, in deference to my social maladroitness, but I'd conclude that it would be a bad idea.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote