The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

View Poll Results: are you over or underweight?
WAY overweight....50+ lbs heavier than i should be 16 23.19%
overweight 10-50 lbs heavy 25 36.23%
right on plus or minus 10lbs 21 30.43%
underweight 4 5.80%
scrawny 3 4.35%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

weight poll

im fat.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Heavier than I have ever been !!!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

if i was 225, id be rockin. im 277 at last weigh in.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
lookout123
changed his status to single

I've been told I'm underweight at 5'8" 150lbs. I can't imagine putting anymore weight on as I have to work out hard to keep this. I'm that asshole that loses weight if I don't work out. Then I really am underweight at 130 lbs.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
I've been told I'm underweight at 5'8" 150lbs. I can't imagine putting anymore weight on as I have to work out hard to keep this. I'm that asshole that loses weight if I don't work out. Then I really am underweight at 130 lbs.
You're not alone. I got really lazy last semester and lazier this summer and have lost weight and I weigh in at 137.8 lbs last nite. At 5'6" and a half can you believe I weighed almost 145 lbs 11 months ago? That was muscle, and I've lost it and lost weight but added fat. Dude you're hella skinny. Get your eat on.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:46 AM   #6
lookout123
changed his status to single

believe it or not, i'm not skinny. athletic might be more appropriate. i've got a 6 pack, but i've got decent definition to my muscles. i run daily, play multiple soccer games each week, swim, and lift weights. i follow the abs diet from men's health just to keep the weight on. (i can drop 10 lbs in a month if i don't watch my diet and quit working out) i highly recommend it. it isn't a diet so much as a recipe book, and it is good stuff. absolutely nothing in there screams "flavorless cardboard".

i wasted too many years being drunk and not doing anything physical. ever since i sobered up i've had a blast just remembering that once upon a time i was a pretty damn good athlete. the best days are long past but i'll keep pushing my limits in the name of fun until my body gives out. gotta make up for lost time, you know.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

60+ over
Old 09-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #8
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

270 here , wish I was around 220 or sum such ,

Oh yeah , look out , BITE ME !!!!!

Last edited by zippyt; 09-19-2007 at 10:40 PM.
zippyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 AM   #9
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Well no surprise to anyone who's seen my pic, I'm 50+ overweight. Not sure how much as my HM thinks scales are the tool of the devil and completely irrelevant if you're healthy.

I'm feeling motivated by the fact my skirt is falling down, to actually get going on the exercise front. HM is uber-fit, playing badminton 3-4 times a week and 5-a-side (soccer). Am going to remind him of his suggestion we join the loal health centre togther - I can do aqua-aerobics and yoga for a start.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:11 AM   #10
Griff
still says videotape

I'm about 15lbs over. I try to do something every day but I don't. We do a lot of cardio at fencing kareoke, shuffle step, bear crawl, Groucho Marx walk, crab walk, and fencing footwork drills. Whatever I do has to be fun or it won't happen. Jamming people in the ribs with an epee is fun. P)
Old 09-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #11
glatt

I'm underweight, but I've been this way my whole life. Which means I'm right where I am supposed to be. I'm 6' 2" and around 155 or so. But that doesn't mean I'm in great shape. I sit at a desk all day long and am soft.

I was swimming over the summer, and it was the first time in decades that I was getting regular exercise. I really liked it. I felt so much healthier. Had more energy during the day. It was an early morning swim in an outdoor pool. I was going three times a week for half an hour of swimming laps. Really nice. Fun even.

The pool is closed now, and I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to find a new exercise routine. The swimming was perfect because it fit right into my schedule and I don't like getting all hot and sweaty. I hate running/jogging. Maybe going for an early morning bike ride. It's so dark though. I need something.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #12
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

5'2'' /135lb average over the month [1.5 m/61kg]

I'd prefer to be about 125, where I was prepartum. After 5 years though, I've decided 135 is where I am meant to be, since I eat relatively healthy, and get regular exercise. Less than 125, and my husband starts telling me I'm getting too skinny.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #13
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

I'm a trap door accident waiting to happen. I break chairs.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #14
theotherguy
no not that other guy, the other one

I am about 15+ of where I would like to be. 5' 8" at 180 is heavier than I want to be. Why 165 for me? I have no idea. I just remember what I looked like then and it was pretty good. If I would just exercise it would fall off, but I can't seem to get started again. I used to run 4 times a week, use the elliptical, and do some push-ups and sit-ups. Now, I just to curls with a wine glass in my hand. I am chalking it up to stress.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:02 AM   #15
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

glatt, look up local Master's swimming groups in your area.
The one here meets in the summer for swims like you did this summer, and then the rest of the year meets at a local high school pool in the mornings. Not just for triathletes or competitive swimmers! Really neat group of people!!