The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

Cries and Whispers

Lately Dwellars have been bemoaning the current lopsided direction of the Cellar when it comes to politics. No more Merc with his flamboyantly nasty replies. No more Lookout (well, seldom Lookout). Adak comes and goes. So, for those who long for a glimpse of the tea party wingnut crowd, I give you a sampling from The-Right-Wing-Crazy Forum, an Internet Haven from Reality. (my editorial comments are in parens)

Breaking News from Rush Limbaugh: None Of The Kids At Newtown School Were Killed By AR-15 Bushmaster......I Repeat, None. It Was In The Car (Thank God! Our assault weapons are safe. I feel so much better that those children were killed with a pistol!)

Egyptian mag affirms Brotherhood infiltration of White House (The next issue of "Egyptian mag" promises to affirm that Obama was a member of the Black Panthers)

Commie Liberals want to tax Billionaires out of existence – the END of the World is Near! (Not near enough, buddy. You go first.)

Now they’re stealing from us again with pork barrel Hurricane Sandy Relief! (I'm not making this up - they're actually mad that we would help our own countrymen after a major disaster)

First black president first president in US history to use class warfare! (coming soon to a ghetto near you)

Prediction 2013: Obama will lie under oath (How can you tell a black is person is lying? Their lips move. No thinly veiled racism around here, noooooo)

hmmm... Maybe we should look into implementing voter suppression laws after all.

sent via radar from tinfoil hat

Last edited by IamSam; 01-04-2013 at 02:30 PM.
IamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Baby Doll---don't invoke the Dark Side.

I have done it and it's been pure hell. It doesn't let go easily. you think you're out but they pull you back in; then you dye your hair, get glasses, a mustache, change all your habits and you think you're out and they DRAG you back in.

let it go. Enjoy the cuddle fest bruce so protests (but secretly wants) and know that we, as a nation, are the stupidest people alive.

eta: Ted Hughes, poet Laureate of England when alive, wrote a limited edition of poetry called Howls and Whispers. Weird, huh?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

I wonder if Hughes was doing a take off of the Bergman film or if Cries and Whispers was a take off on Hughes? Eh, great literary questions that probably never will get answered.

Nah, I don't go over to the dark side often, and I never stay there for too long. It's completely disgusting. But it does serve the purpose of letting the rest of us know the enemy. The City Data board is huge with many other forums that are actually interesting and contain intelligent posts. They're even running a competition for "Most Informative Poster" - board wide, not just Politics. Winner gets $5,000 bucks, bunch of runners up get $500. Keep thinking I might win it some time as long as I stay away from their nutcase outpost. Never hurts to dream.

May The Force be with us!

Last edited by IamSam; 01-04-2013 at 05:14 PM.
IamSam is offline   Reply With Quote