The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #1846
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My corset didn't arrive.
I feel like crying. I am also very angry at the seller who did not respond to my Wednesday plea explaining that I needed the item by today. Also didn't respond to my Thursday plea asking if I could pay more for delivery to ensure delivery today. Just sent me a generic "your item will be despatched" etc ect on Thursday afternoon. Which got my hopes up, thinking they were going to get it out First Class delivery that day.

Nope. Postie has been and gone. I have the shoes. Red to match the corset. I have the skirt - really cool zip up one, black. I have the choker - black to match the skirt.

Funny how the other items got here on time.
Sob.

So tomorrow I have to go into town and try to find something else to wear. Who knows, I might find something wonderful. But it won't be a corset and I had my heart set on that.

I'm considering leaving bad feedback for the first time in my life.

ETA - they called me after I emailed them AGAIN
They have been very decent and are sending it to my home address tomorrow on a guaranteed Saturday delivery (which they are footing the bill for)

So nothing is making me unhappy!!!
Oh. Except the massive swing to the right in the council elections and the fact everyone has now agreed that Boris Johnson will be Mayor (official results tonight but exit polls and political pundits have agreed)

Last edited by Sundae; 05-02-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #1847
lookout123
changed his status to single

You know how sometimes when balancing the checkbook you can forget to carry the one and later it turns into a costly mistake. I wish I was that smart. I remembered to carry the one, unfortunately I forgot a whole freakin' month's worth of expenses and it is biting me really hard.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #1848
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Wait...don't you work in finance? I want to see your client list, mister...I think they'd like to know about this!

Srsly, that sucks man. I do shit like that occasionally...fortunately it's gotten better since I've started using a calculator to back up my brain.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #1849
lookout123
changed his status to single

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I work as a financial advisor, that doesn't mean I'm a good bookkeeper. Totally different skillset.

yeah, a whole freakin month worth of expenses entered. I already ran payroll for the month so this is kind of a big deal. ah, whatthehell. live and learn.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #1850
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ken Livingstone lost the London mayoral election.
He was washed out in the anti-Labour landslide, despite all he has done for the city in the last 8 years. I was hoping against hope that he could hold on (and he so nearly did - it went to second preference vote) as it looks likely there will be a Conservative goverment in the next election too. At least if we had Ken, he would fight parliament on our behalf.

But the people that think only with their pockets have won the day, and voted in a buffoon to represent all our interests.

It's a sad, sad day. I am grieving.
Sorry Ken - we tried our best.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #1851
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh for fuck's sake... Minifob just got into a boxed game of Mancala that I didn't even know we had. I know for a fact he swallowed at least one of the little playing stones (like marbles, but flattened,) and I suspect it was several more.

His poop will be bejeweled!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #1852
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Still sick...the consensus is that we suspect some kind of e coli was in the pizza. Had to call off work today, and they were NOT happy.

Oh, and SG, I feel your pain. Boyfriend's birthday is on monday, and I had ordered the perfect (rare and out of print!!) gift for him off ebay...won and paid for with quick shipping for an extra cushion of time...3 days later I get an email that my money was refunded...with an email saying "oh, sorry, I accidentally listed two of those, my bad." RAWRGH

Last edited by Razzmatazz13; 05-02-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Razzmatazz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #1853
monster
I hear them call the tide

As 10yo daughter went to bed, she mentioned that she felt sad because her best friend's mom had had a stroke and was in the hospital, unable to talk. Sad enough, she's probably only about 40, but when you add in the factor there's no dad because he was a soldier, took a headwound, never recovered and commited suicide you just start to feel there's no justice sometimes. She'd just started to get their lives back on track after getting the govt to admit responsibiilty and help them financially....
Old 05-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #1854
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

d'oh!

There really isn't anything I can say to that, that won't sound insanely stupid.

Because sometimes, in certain situations, there really isn't any justice. You just have to fight to be happy with or without it. That's a, no matter what.

Do you know what? Sometimes I really do believe things are a matter of luck. My intellect shirks this notion..but still..
Old 05-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #1855
Cloud

RBS strikes again.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #1856
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

The Royal Bank of Scotland?
Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #1857
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
The Royal Bank of Scotland?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #1858
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
they used to be such a piss-pot little bank and now they're an international PITA

this was supposed to be an edit, not a quote -I'm knucking fackered.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #1859
Cloud

Random Bad Shit. The kind of life-changing, devastating bad news you can't ever plan for or anticipate.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #1860
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Random Bad Shit. The kind of life-changing, devastating bad news you can't ever plan for or anticipate.
Thanks for the definition - I've been wondering how to categorize that.

Tags
swiss