The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #106
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
My diatribe has nothing to do with 'Spode, it was at Donna Bin Laden.
Everyone who's been around here for some time knows Elspode makes Ghandi look like an SS Stormtrooper. (No Godwin) They both were aware the marriage was petering out, so the divorce was not a surprise. He was also aware she could be ruthless to those that deserved it.

But the way she blindsided him, making the exit as smooth as possible for herself, leaving him debts, a fucked credit rating, and virtually no chance to recover any equity from the house, is lower than whale shit.

I know he will forgive her, that's our 'Spode.
But I'll be God Damned if I will... no way, no how, not ever.
Bruce, this is all true. And you're right...I've already forgiven her. She's aching from this. It doesn't score her any points with me, but yeah, she's fucked in the head over all of this. As well she should be.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:18 AM   #107
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I still love ya, remind me to give you a reach around next time I'm out that way.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #108
Elspode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post

I think she's got some bad Karma coming.
She does, and I'm sure she knows it. For my part, I've been trying to feed my positive karma in the wake of all this, but part of feeding the Positivity Beast is making sure that you spread it around.

I wish her well. When the inevitable day comes that the only person who can absolve her, comfort her, tell her she'll be okay...when that day comes, I'll be there, I'll provide it, she'll take it...and walk away.

It's what is required. It's what I do.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #109
Elspode

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I still love ya, remind me to give you a reach around next time I'm out that way.
I have your picture stenciled on my underwear.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #110
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If it helps you, directly or indirectly, then surely you must. No one can condemn you for following your heart.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #111
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Im insane?

Thats a hell of a thing to say.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #112
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Insane can also mean extravagant/excessive. Perhaps Elspode simply felt that you overanalyzed; or, over identified with his situation for your limited exposure.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #113
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

What

Ever
Old 12-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #114
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #115
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

damnitalltohell bro! FAWK! tough process to go through as we all know. but things get better and work out. positive thoughts for ya man!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #116
Elspode

[quote=jimhelm;777362]Im insane?

Thats a hell of a thing to say.[/QUOTEJ

Just illustrating the breadth of your POV. What is insane to me is perfectly suited to Jim. Don't be offended.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #117
Elspode

So, here I am, a week and two hours post-discovery of the hard left turn my life has taken. Thanks to the support of a whole lot of friends, most of my stuff is now moved (although most of it is packed away in Leslie's garage and basement). She and I are pretty much acting like newlyweds - okay, 50-something newlyweds, so we aren't keeping the neighbors up at night - and squeezing our households together, cleaning and culling as we go.

There are a lot of issues to be surmounted. I still haven't been served with divorce papers yet, so I don't really know what terms Selene is going to be asking for. We have no assets whatsoever. By that I mean that we are upside down on the house, we each own our own ancient cars, and the stuff she took vs the stuff she left me probably balances the scale pretty evenly. I expect the basic outcome to be that I have to pay all the outstanding utility bills (a considerable sum), some portion of the legal costs of the divorce, and any associated costs of short selling the house...as well as having to deal with the sale and presale cleanup of the place.

Overall, with the exception of the house, this is all going down a whole lot less painfully than my first separation and divorce, and for that, I am grateful, because I very nearly took myself out that time. I wish that was hyperbole, but it isn't.

I hate it when terrible things happen, and the victim survives, and people say "Wow, you were really lucky"...because how can walking out of a train wreck broken and bloodied be luck? But I *am* lucky. I have the love of my partner of four years, the respect and support of the community that I have served for the last fifteen years, and an ex wife who seems to not be trying to eviscerate me on the battlefield of divorce.

It could be worse. It could most certainly be worse.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #118
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Do you still have a motorcycle?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #119
Elspode

I do, yes indeed. If it weren't Winter, it would be my primary transportation.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #120
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
I wish her well. When the inevitable day comes that the only person who can absolve her, comfort her, tell her she'll be okay...when that day comes, I'll be there, I'll provide it, she'll take it...and walk away.

It's what is required. It's what I do.
I refuse to believe that God/The Universe/Nature wants you to be a doormat.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote