Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #8131
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
That can only mean one thing - You'll get your replacement card tomorrow.
lol true dat :p
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #8132
monster
I hear them call the tide

The coach was going to get it today. I emailed him, so I won't, but it was close.....
Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #8133
Carrot Pilausson
Non-Newbie Sort

Yesterday I had a chewy thing what mummy said was a paddywack and today I have a paddywack they are nice and chewy but not as chewy as a table.

Mummy made some magic hard water what she called icey cube and it is very cold and slippy on the floor and makes my mouth go all cold and then it is crunchy.
Carrot Pilausson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #8134
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Cooking class is going very well, and about half of them already asked if there's going to be a "level 2" offered. It's especially funny because they're all so excited to be in the same room with people living the same life they are, they practically do all the talking themselves. I've literally only had time to use 25% of the material I had prepared so far, if that. I'm not teaching a class, I'm moderating a support group. Someone will ask a question, and 3 people will pipe up to answer it before I can.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #8135
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Clod-I would think you'd be a natural at support group moderation.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #8136
glatt

That's awesome! Most teachers would kill to have that level of class participation and interest.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #8137
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Totally agree with Bri and glatt.
It's really wonderful that you can share what you've developed and make an impact on others who need it most.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #8138
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

finished all the long long sewing for the pack covers, hundreds of feet of casing around the rim of the pack covers. Now, have to measure cut and thread the elastic through the casing with a bodkin, then tie and sew. After that I need to make 25 stuff sacks for the covers. plus casings in the top, and drawstrings and toggles. then I'll be done.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #8139
Blueflare
Hand-of-Kindness Extender

My horrible horrible neighbours have moved out! Yay!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #8140
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

there goes the neighbor(hood).
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #8141
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

We just rescued a just about 2 yr old purebred female boxer! She is now safetly at my father-in laws in Calgary for the evening. Then, tomorrow morning a friend and I are driving out to meet them half way here, to bring her home. We will be meeting in Golden BC around 1-1:30 and by 5pm she will be in her forever home!

I know its only been 2 weeks since my Freya passed on, but this one needed us now. She was being sent to the SPCA at 5 tonight, as the owner had rescued her 4 months before from being crated for 18 hours a day, and no longer wanted (in fact the new wife of the original owner HATES dogs)... then her world fell apart. The lady has mental health issues, an abusive ex, an eviction notice, and had never dealt with the energy or needs that a boxer brings to your life.The lady rescued this little one.. just in time for us to need and want another dog. We were going to wait, and get a puppy in a few months... but something about this one called to us.

Dad says she was great in the car on her way to his house, went pee outside, and is being a good girl. She is not hand shy, is skinny, but not "too bad", has the boxer energy and mentality (IE: PLAY PLAY PLAY..oh look a butterfly.... huh? PLAY PLAY PLAY) I am soo looking forward to meeting her tomorrow.

My Loki dog will be so happy to have someone to play with again, and this new one will be spoiled rotten with all the love and attention an animal should have from its family.
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #8142
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Major congrats Jay.
Stop by the Post Your Pet thread as soon as you stop cuddling her enough to take a pic.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #8143
DanaC

Aww, Jaydaan. So happy for you. Sometimes they just kind of walk into your life. And you make the choice.

Freya would never have wanted to see you unhappy. That's the thing about dogs. They really just want you to be happy. I often think that if Pilau were here in some strange way and able to speak, he'd be glad there was another dog performing his doggy duties (marking territory, checking the mail, worrying the postman, and making sure mummy is ok), because otherwise they'd be left undone. And that would never do.

Can't wait to 'meet' her in the Pets thread :p
Old 05-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #8144
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

7 hours away, and in another province.. not sure how we found each other! I was just surfing the classifieds to check prices/pedigrees/etc on dogs under 1 year old. I responded to the ad, and then talked to the lady for 2 days we asked all kinds of questions back and forth and decided she was right for our household. She was supposed to be delivered sometime in the new few weeks. Then everything went south for the lady, and time was of the essence. I actually thought for a while today, that we would not get her. Then 3 people stepped up and helped us out. (our car broke down yeaterday!!!!) I am a firm believer of "everything happens for a reason"

So as soon as someone talks me through how to put pictures up, I will post both my babies very soon!
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #8145
DanaC

So how many hours til you meet her? *grins*