The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 09-16-2005, 06:18 AM   #1
bigw00dy
I'm here once in a while

Bubonic Plague Mice Missing

I Read this story yesterday. I got a wierd vibe about the situation. On top of the fact that it is in my home state.

]....."Federal officials said the mice may never be accounted for. Among other scenarios, the rodents may have been stolen, eaten by other lab animals, or misplaced because of a paperwork error "

How in the hell during a POST 9/11 world do you MISPLACE 3 mice who were purposely infected with bubonic plague? This is beyond me!!
Old 09-16-2005, 06:27 AM   #2
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

If they are loose just hope the flavor of disease they are carrying isn't extremely resistant to antibiotics.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:57 AM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Just freakin' FANTASTIC! No WONDER I have all the ticks and disorders I have! One more bloody thing!!! So. Mad!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #4
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

I agree Bri. How does this sort of thing keep happening. You think we would be smarter than this. However, the article says mice infected with the bacteria responisble for the plague. Doesn't sound as though they actually have it. (2nd) However, this is the media we are talking about. We have a narrow view of what the press and the lab's pub office wants us to hear. (3rd) However, I'm sure it is little risk, I didn't see any national coverage on this story. (final) However, plague-ridden mice is the least of our worries. Ms. Spears just had her baby and udoubtedly, this story will be the new plague of the nation.

Relax girl, there's no sense in worring about shit we can't control.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
marichiko

Hell, they got lose in New Jersey. The mob will probably take care of them. Out west here, the plague is endemic among the rodents of New Mexico. A few people come down with the plague down there every year, so its not like it wasn't already present.

Hobbs, all those mice need is the pathogen in their blood stream plus a few friendly fleas to serve as the vector.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

I wouldn't think this is so alarming. After all, they can't find the other 9,500 HUMAN bodies which the mayor of NO was raving about being out there under the waters, what do you expect with mice?