The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-29-2004, 08:14 PM   #31
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Oh shit, does that mean if you get this job we'll be subjected to endless posts about the homeless instead of the Yellow Book adventures?
Oh well, good luck.....it's right up your alley.
You mean I haven't already been subjecting you to endless posts about the homeless? Jeez, I'm falling down on the job, already!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #32
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No, you haven't failed. I just tune 'em out.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:20 PM   #33
flippant
*shameless....so stop trying so hard....*-me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
I know the long version... or the one flippant emailed my husband all about when he was kicking your wheelchair anyway.
I get it that you feel that thru no fault of your own you were significantly damaged and now are entitled to all sorts of things. Good luck with that.
My only and last post to you:

It's called turning a negative experience into a positive. No matter how awful it is.
So now what are you going to do about you and your husband?

3t's:You are a tired and tedious twit. Leave the ones who have a dream left alone until you have something positive to contribute. So, good luck with THAT.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:28 PM   #34
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
No, you haven't failed. I just tune 'em out.
That's okay. The Yellow Book which will be arriving thru your living room window any moment now should wake you right up. Nothing like a few deep breaths of cold night air to clear the brain as I know all too well. Oh yeah, don't bother trying to use it to look me up to make crank phone calls. I'm listed under the name of "Kenneth Rexroth" and he never answers his phone.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:48 PM   #35
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippant
My only and last post to you:

It's called turning a negative experience into a positive. No matter how awful it is.
So now what are you going to do about you and your husband?

3t's:You are a tired and tedious twit. Leave the ones who have a dream left alone until you have something positive to contribute. So, good luck with THAT.
yeah. good luck with your stupider brain, cupcake. who was talking to you in the first place, anyway?

three t's indeed. moron.

leave her left alone. bah. dumbass.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 01:46 PM   #36
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'm fairly sure that at some point mari promised not to read or respond to me, and she still does.

She doesn't keep her promises.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:41 PM   #37
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

she probably just 'forgot' she said it to you, wolf. did you know she had CO poisoning? and that it effects her brain? yeah, really, she did! you haven't heard? well let me tell you all about it....... Oh, youre fucking sick of hearing about it, you say? well, isn;t that a coincidence. so is everyone else.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:56 PM   #38
jaguar
whig

jesus you're all a bunch of whiney fucks. I've seen 10 year olds have less childish arguments.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:58 PM   #39
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

feeling left out, jag? don;t worry, you;re still my bitch.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:05 PM   #40
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
jesus you're all a bunch of whiney fucks. I've seen 10 year olds have less childish arguments.
Damn...*chuckling*.

Not only that, I've seen much more compassion for others by those same 10 year olds.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #41
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

You know, I don't understand why everyone is getting pissy here.

Mari asked for advice on something, just like just about every regular on this board has at one time or another. There was absolutely no reason to get shitty with her about it, Jim. I understand if you don't like her, sometimes we're opposites on issues too, but I really don't see the need to attack her like that.

Now, I've not been one of the most mature posters here, and I recognize that, and it's something I'm working on. I just don't see the need to attack someone - anyone - for no reason other than you don't like them. It's mean and unnecessary.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:28 PM   #42
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm not surprised that certain people are bagging on her. What I'm surprised about are people that have been recently jumping in to do so...people that I wouldn't expect it from.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:06 PM   #43
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I'm fairly sure that at some point mari promised not to read or respond to me, and she still does.

She doesn't keep her promises.
Wrong! I can say this with conviction, because I do not believe in refusing to read someone's posts, no matter how much that person may irritate me. In fact, Jinx and LJ are the only ones I've ever told that I won't reply to their posts anymore. I did so only because I feel it is impossible for me and the two of them to have anything even faintly resembling an actual dialog.

In your case, Wolf, you make an occasional cynical comment to me, and I usually hand it right back, but you and I have never gotten into some petty war and I generally appreciate your comments on various topics.

However, if you wish to become a bitch toward me, that's when I stop playing. Frankly, you owe me an apology because you are dead wrong on this one.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:10 PM   #44
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxCougar
You know, I don't understand why everyone is getting pissy here.

Mari asked for advice on something, just like just about every regular on this board has at one time or another. There was absolutely no reason to get shitty with her about it, Jim. I understand if you don't like her, sometimes we're opposites on issues too, but I really don't see the need to attack her like that.

Now, I've not been one of the most mature posters here, and I recognize that, and it's something I'm working on. I just don't see the need to attack someone - anyone - for no reason other than you don't like them. It's mean and unnecessary.
OC, since i have some respect for you, i'll let you in on my rationale for 'attacking' miss poorme. oh, wait, I just did.

I DO have compassion. for instance, I have not once posted anything about Rho turning every topic toward herself and her Kidney problems, because that is a real motherfucker that she didn;t ask for, and it basically rules her life. I didn;t start in on maristinkinchicko until i'd had it up to HERE with the vacuuous nature of her every post. And by vacuuous, i mean she sucks in every topic, apes every compelling thread, and generally (for me at least) has become intolerably annoying. In this thread particularly. i mean, c'mon. of COURSE she should apply for the job. what the fuck? why WOULDN'T you? the title of the thread should have been 'Hey, everybody, I could use some attention!' not 'input' That's why i chose to atack her here.

I feel it is my duty to be honest, and express my ire. I am also SURE that MANY of you agree with my sentiments. i find it very telling that almost all of the dopes that have significantly tarnished the coolness quotient of this site in recent months have chimed in to defend her. another factor is that i don;t spend nearly as much time reading as i once did, and am not as concerned about 'keeping the peace.' those of you that think i suck and am just a typical 'used car salesman' (even though I don't even sell cars!) are welcome to tell me about myself.........., and those that agree....you're just welcome. i said what you were thinking, and you didnt have to take any heat from the nitwit brigade.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:34 PM   #45
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

--You weren't really a peacemaker during your days of regular posting...more like a troublemaker.
--I think the board is better without you posting so much...signal-to-noise ratio is down. People come, people go, the board goes on. Now, if UT would just pull the stick out of his ass, it would be even better.
--Marichiko hasn't done shit to you, or to anybody for that matter.
--I find it interesting that the person who is probably at the greatest risk for a downfall here takes such potshots at people.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote