The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 02-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #46
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

oh no worries here either. misthought that this was a rock/metal only thread....no more mainstream from me rock on!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #47
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

DEICIDE Lunitic Of God's Creation!
J.D.DIAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #48
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

this is a pretty cool local metal band. well....head band. me like it.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #49
be-bop
Operations Operative

No Thread about metal can be without Venom

be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #50
Flint
Snowflake

J.D.DIAMOND,

Here's some of bands I'm collecting currently: Annotations of an Autopsy, Arch Enemy, Cannibal Corpse, Cradle of Filth, Deicide, Dimmu Borgir, Hypocrisy, Lamb of God, Morbid Angel, Poison the Well.

Heavy enough for ya? These bands are suggested listening for a metal band my wife has recently joined.

As for myself, I'm getting into a little Dragonforce, Dream Theater, Symphony X. Do you consider this stuff to be metal?

Oh, I almost forgot, I've ordered some Yngwie Malmsteen and some classic Dio as well.

Edit: Forgot also, Shadows Fall (Jason Bittner on drums).

Gotta love http://www.swapacd.com/

My personal best metal story is hanging out with the guys from Pantera on a sort of regular basis.

R.I.P. Dimebag
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 08-02-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #51
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Hey Flint,
The bands you've listed are "metal" in one way or another yes. The only bands I personally like that you've mentioned are Deicide,Morbid Angel and classic Dio,however I only like 90's Morbid Angel and 90's Deicide.

Anything from the year 2000 - and up till now I just can't stand by these 2 bands,but this is only my opinion and not sitting here acting like everybody should like what I do ect...

I know my opinion isn't a correct one,just my thoughts ect...I do like classic Dio,Holy Diver,Last In line and Sacred Heart are my favs,Magica(year 2000) is also a masterpiece.

I've been into black/death metal since 1984. I'm 41 so in 1984 I was 14 when I started listening to Venom,Mercyful Fate,Bathory,Hellhammer,Celtic Frost...those were called "black metal" bands back then as obviously thats where the norwegians got the term from and did an excellent job continuing it thanks to Oystein Aarseth (Euronymous) in the early 90's.

There was a different vibe back then when this music was rather new. There was a special ideology that was in the air in the 80's with underground metal,even Metallica was underground with Cliff when they used to be "cool".

Today this magic is unfortunately lost through random over crowded population of bands,new trends and just the fact of "time" that changes everything.

The black metal underground wasn't designed to have as many bands it actually has and it killed the genre by the late 90's,and now its just as much of a joke as anything else,once something that is cool is discovered the unworthy always get ahold of it and ruin it,this is no exception.

Bands in the old traditional heavy metal scene are at the end of thier careers now...Black Sabbath,Dio R.I.P....Judas Priest,Iron Maiden,Saxon,and even the rock clad greasy biker rock band legend "Motorhead" won't be around and when they are gone there hasn't been any bands that have harkened this style to continue it.

Unfortunately we are left with shit bands like Godsmack,Disturbed,Shitallica and bands like this. Just a thought lol.
J.D.DIAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:05 AM   #52
grynch
the big Cheese

I personally am not sure where to place this band .. metal... proto-metal, early early proto-punk ?... but MC5 played recently a couple of towns over from here.

Kick out the Jams mo'fo..................

Last edited by grynch; 08-10-2011 at 04:13 AM.
grynch is offline   Reply With Quote