Thumbs up

Old 12-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #4820
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

::
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
Companionship. Yes. Somebody loves me.
Yes, Capn! I do love you and so do the twins!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:07 AM   #4821
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bought my nephew's birthday present yesterday.
I'd been fretting about low funds, and wanting to find something he really liked for under £10.

So I went in the gizmo shop, thinking I could pick up something cheap and if he didn't think much of it, I wouldn't be too hurt.

Then I saw this. £4.99. It is perfect for a (very young) 12 year old boy. Samuel still thinks farts are the funniest thing in the world. I must admit, Mum, Dad and I still find them pretty funny too. It has a motion detector and makes a farting noise when movement is detected. Very childish and very vulgar. Hurray.

Then I felt I should encourage his individualism more and also picked up a tube of comb-in-wash-out blue hair dye. For Christmas. He might end up giving it to his sister, because she supports Chelsea and can dye a strand blue on match days. But I figure it will appeal to him as well as giving my sister kittens.

Ha ha ha.
Sorry, I mean ho ho ho of course.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2009, 05:16 AM   #4822
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
... a (very young) 12 year old boy. Samuel still thinks farts are the funniest thing in the world. ...
One of the nicest things about my BIL's visits to our house is the chuckles from Husband and BIL as they fart away contentedly ...
Old 12-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #4823
jinx
Come on, cat.

Pork and sauerkraut in my slow cooker. 'Tis the season...
Not happy I don't have a fresh rosemary tree this year though.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #4824
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Do you keep yours inside the house? mine died or is suffering a horrible lingering death
I also have sage and it died in a pot outside too. My lavendar outside in the ground is happy though.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #4825
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Pork and sauerkraut in my slow cooker.
how do you fix it? I need a good recipe.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #4826
jinx
Come on, cat.

Uhh... recipe?
I put 6 thick boneless chops in the cooker with 2 bags of kraut and turned it on low.
If I had fresh rosemary and a tenderloin I might have tossed them both in a pan and browned/flavored it up a little before putting it in the cooker with kraut. Hard to screw this up really...

edit: I like to buy the xmas tree shaped topiary ones sky, but I can't keep them alive. I like to have one in the foyer and rub my hands on it whenever I go in/out. They just smell so good..... times a million when you have it cooking with pork....
Old 12-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #4827
Pie
Gone and done

Aaaah, back at work. I never realized how relaxing it is.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #4828
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Uhh... recipe?
I put 6 thick boneless chops in the cooker with 2 bags of kraut and turned it on low.
If I had fresh rosemary and a tenderloin I might have tossed them both in a pan and browned/flavored it up a little before putting it in the cooker with kraut. Hard to screw this up really...

edit: I like to buy the xmas tree shaped topiary ones sky, but I can't keep them alive. I like to have one in the foyer and rub my hands on it whenever I go in/out. They just smell so good..... times a million when you have it cooking with pork....
some people put in apples and brown sugar? just wondering if you did any of that...
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #4829
Madman
has left the building.

It's Friday!

I just love Friday's.

I'm having pizza and a movie tonight. That new Harry Potter flick came out Tuesday. The wife and I are going to watch it tonight.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #4830
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

When my mother broke her hip a year ago I bought her an African violet. They seem to be the standard isn't it when people are in the hospital? So it died this summer and she gave it back to me. I don't blame her. I cut all the leaves off and it has slowly been growing. Just now it has the most beautiful bloom ,a bud and dark even leaves. If it were light enough I would take a photo. It's sweet. I'm happy it lived and decided to reward me with blooms.

Quote:
Uhh... recipe?
Rubens are good this time of year too.

Quote:
Thanks. I was wondering if they grew better inside the house. I love the smell of rosemary too. After using fresh herbs the dried ones just pale by comparison.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote