FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #11116
glatt

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #11117
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Revenge is about to be served, methinks...

Remember me posting about my neighbor nabbing Momdigr's adopted kitten? Heheh, look at this shit!

I came around the corner the other afternoon, and saw this cat head-shaped reflection on my house.

Name:  Ghostcat image.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  103.7 KB

I asked, and, neither Popdigr, nor Momdigr had ever seen it before. We've lived here, in one combination or another, for ~43 years, give or take, and none of us has ever seen this before.

And look what's producing the reflection:

Name:  catnappershouse.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  145.9 KB

That's right, it's coming from catnabber's house! His bedroom window, to be precise!!

Has Sassy returned from the dead to haunt her nabber? Will Catnabber hear ghostly mews and meows in the night? I hope he never sleeps again.

Is it odd that a (supposedly) flat, rectangular window makes a round(ish), cat head-shaped reflection, or what?

She even has a halo!

I think stronger forces are at work...

Go go ghostcat!!!!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #11118
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Grav I have to say, you may make me laugh more than any other Dwellar.
That just gave me a huge guffaw, sitting on my own in a public place (free wifi)

(I shall give them your name if I am sectioned...)

Thank you for that.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:43 AM   #11119
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
What the Dickens? A group of five Miss Havishams took to the London Underground this morning to promote a special screening of Great Expectations on TV channel Drama this weekend.
Each model spent over three hours being transformed by a top team of stylists, costume designers, make-up artists and dressers. Miss Havisham was recently voted the most haunting literary character of all time in a poll by the channel.
A trip on the London Underground (aka 'The Tube') offers the opportunity of spotting some of the more eccentric aspects of human behaviour at the best of times.

The reaction of the other passengers appears to be one of sheer indifference. They've seen it all before.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #11120
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
they're all too young to be miss havisham.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:43 PM   #11121
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Candles that create another candle from the melted wax. Of course some of the wax gets burned up, so I guess each generation would be a little smaller.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2014, 03:06 AM   #11122
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

That's a clever idea.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:32 AM   #11123
Griff
still says videotape

That's really smart. I wonder if that is an old idea resurrected?
Old 05-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #11124
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
You could use the candle to power a tiny steam engine perpetual motion machine!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #11125
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It was a guy named Ben Shine who claims inventing it, and says "world wide patents pending".
Quote:
I have been delighted and overwhelmed by the incredible response to my Rekindle prototype.
This interest, along with the thousands of emails which continue to be received, clearly demonstrate a genuine demand for the product - which is superb!
I am now talking with several reputable brands who have expressed interest in developing it further with me, so news of any progress will be updated on this website and via the newsletter
Translation - Holy shit, one of my art pieces has gone viral which smells of commercial possibilities, so I better scramble it I'm finally going to make any real money for a change.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #11126
glatt

It's already been invented. Well, at least 90% of it has already been invented, and the patent on that 90% hasn't expired yet, so he's actually infringing someone else's patents.

US Patent number 6,220,855

Quote:
A candle stand and wax recycling assembly for capturing, retaining, and forming wax run-off from a first candle as the first candle burns during use. The candle stand and wax recycling assembly includes a platform assembly adapted for supporting a first candle, a receptacle coupled beneath said platform assembly adapted for receiving melted wax, a wick member, and a wick holding assembly.
Actually, Google shows that the maintenance fees haven't been paid on time, so that patent has lapsed.

Again with the fees. US government, why do you fee your citizens to death? First passports and now patents. Where's my pitchfork?
Old 05-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #11127
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Where's my pitchfork?
The pitchfork will never pass committee.

Just grab a torch and get in line.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #11128
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Grav I have to say, you may make me laugh more than any other Dwellar.
That just gave me a huge guffaw, sitting on my own in a public place (free wifi)

(I shall give them your name if I am sectioned...)

Thank you for that.
Made m'day a little bit.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:10 PM   #11129
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Don't be fooled, Grav, she just wants your body.

glatt, those patents look like they do the same thing, except they make a fatter new candle. The patent fees were probably not paid because there was no commercial interest to monetize.
I've mixed emotions about whether that's good or not. I suppose it frees up the idea for someone to try to make improvements or use as part of something new. An entrepreneur/inventor would be wary of investing time/money on a project which could be derailed by somebody holding an obscure patent.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #11130
glatt

I don't understand the intricacies completely, but even when a patent owner is late paying the maintenance fees, there are additional hoops that they can jump through in order to get the patent "turned on" again. But I think that the more time goes by, the harder it is.

I like it that a patent owner has to do a little work to keep a patent active. It furthers progress in inventing stuff when an idea isn't legally tied up for decades.

Oh, and I also like it that Google has indexed all the patents so you can search them. It was easy for me to find that prior patent on the same idea. I think the new invention can patent putting a wick in the recycling container to make a candle. I think that little bit is new. But I think that's it.

Tags
humor