Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #31
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
god didnt give us cell phones, he gave us the brains to know when not to answer them because there's a looney calling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
im talkin about friends or people close to u who's behaivor is so retarded when it comes to simple communication
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
you mean people that know you're looney?
eh hem
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:30 PM   #32
freshnesschronic
Professor

I'm sorry I'm so dense but I think there is a generation gap issue...I'm in college and everyone of my friends picks up their fone 24/7. Maybe not for working middle aged office people. When you're in college, cell phones are the medium to the outside and inside world. When you're not on the Internet, you're still connected to you're cell phone. So don't assume like everyone knows what it's like to be in college in 2007. Cell phones are seriously life. I talk to my friends at least an hour a day just planning to meet them wherever or whatever. Everyone of you is like "it's convenience, because I'm 50 and I'm busy at work and blah blah" but no you don't understand college kids now. Cell phones are not a convenience to me (or HER), it is a way to be connected to everyone all the time. I don't mean to offend anyone, but the rules of the game have changed since your higher education. No more typewriters. We have laptops. So please trust me as I say cell phones are so much connected into college students everyday needs and communications.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:34 PM   #33
rkzenrage

Quote:
I'm sorry I'm so dense but I think there is a generation gap issue...I'm in college and everyone of my friends picks up their fone 24/7. Maybe not for working middle aged office people. When you're in college, cell phones are the medium to the outside and inside world. When you're not on the Internet, you're still connected to you're cell phone. So don't assume like everyone knows what it's like to be in college in 2007. Cell phones are seriously life. I talk to my friends at least an hour a day just planning to meet them wherever or whatever. Everyone of you is like "it's convenience, because I'm 50 and I'm busy at work and blah blah" but no you don't understand college kids now. Cell phones are not a convenience to me (or HER), it is a way to be connected to everyone all the time. I don't mean to offend anyone, but the rules of the game have changed since your higher education. No more typewriters. We have laptops. So please trust me as I say cell phones are so much connected into college students everyday needs and communications.
It does not seem to be like that for her.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #34
freshnesschronic
Professor

She's an exception. That is why I'm angry in the first place.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #35
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

"Generation gap" is only based on averages. It says nothing about individuals. And even for individuals, there are moods. You can get fed up with being "connected to everyone all the time", and a vacation is a great time to disconnect.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #36
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i think she's avoiding you.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:40 PM   #37
rkzenrage

Quote:
She's an exception. That is why I'm angry in the first place.
Again, you are going to have to decide how important this is to you.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:40 PM   #38
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
...So please trust me as I say cell phones are so much connected into college students everyday needs and communications.
I believe you. Which brings us back around to the idea that has been mentioned several times already; she is ignoring your calls.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #39
monster
I hear them call the tide

Right. The exception.

Ummmm.. just so's you know, logic doesn't change with the generations. She doesn't want to talk to you
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #40
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Quote:

If this is so...then her behavior is REALLLLLLLYYYYYYYY saying something you dont want to hear.

You can say its just *her* all you like, but I would hazard a guess that she answers when someone she wants to speak to calls.

I have my phone with me 24/7 and return txt/sms messages within minutes of receiving them...even when I am at work.

But if someone calls that I dont want to talk too, or a guy calls thats all needy n pissy .... I dont answer and when I see them on msn or talk to them next...i say things like..."oh, I didnt check my phone" or "I left my phone in the car"...its total bullshit
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #41
monster
I hear them call the tide

I wonder why she would be avoiding him?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #42
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
"Generation gap" is only based on averages. It says nothing about individuals. And even for individuals, there are moods. You can get fed up with being "connected to everyone all the time", and a vacation is a great time to disconnect.
Ok? What relevance is this? Vacation? She's on spring break in her home city, she should be GETTING MORE calls from her friends to hang out and w/e. Like I said the generation gap is valid, even if it's based off averages. It's still totally valid why you and me think different of cell phones.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #43
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

hahaha look at that little barrage, all saying the same thing.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:47 PM   #44
freshnesschronic
Professor

Old people win. Everyone happy? Now go ask your 20 year old kids how important their cell phones are to them.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #45
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

YOU are missing the point.

If cells are that important....she doesnt want to talk to you.