The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #1
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

New direction

Well...I finally did something about the ennui which has gripped me of late. I set in motion various wheels and on Monday I start on my first step towards becoming a language teacher. It's not a very grand start albeit *grins* It's an unpaid start with a year long placement for work experience assisting in the English language classes run by my local Chamber of Commerce and Industry to teach English to the immigrant communities. Alongside this I'll be studying for my TESOL accreditation....I'll still be working at the pipe company but will be dropping my hours down to part time.

So here I am , it's Friday night and I am just starting to get a serious case of the heeby jeebies. It's been a long time since I had to fit in to a workplace environment ( as opposed to the company I helped build which is not really like any workplace I ever worked at since it's my main circle of friends and family whom I work with ) .... I did something on Saturday i havent done in many years...I bought smart shoes to go to work in.

I realise this is a tad rambly but that's because i am just a little freaked out. *Grins* On top of the nerves I am stopping smoking over this weekend.....why now ? you might wonder, well my interview was conducted in the smoking room where the entire teaching staff ( 4 people) were congregated in front of an overflowing ashtray. If I dont get back on the wagon before i start at this place I can see me having a hell of a hard time stopping in the next year heheh. One of them told me smoking is an occupational habit. Wish me luck!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote