The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-15-2003, 10:31 AM   #16
juju
no one of consequence

Last night, my daughter informed me: <blockquote>"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"</blockquote>I think she has a way with words.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
I think your daughter may be the first child I've encountered that wants to be hotel housekeeping staff.
Ivana says it pays well.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:58 PM   #18
OneWittyWoman
Fellow-Commoner

I was readying for a business trip when it came time to decide if I was going to elect Ahnuld as my new Gov. So since I was going to be out of town on election day, I stopped by the registrar on that Saturday so I could vote. I had The Kid with me (he's six). I explained what I was doing, and how I would do it (we have punch cards here - nothing fancy for San Diego), and how it was important. He nodded and looked thoughtful. We got into the booth, and he said (very loudly - or at least it seemed that way) "MOM! Who are you gonna poke? You gonna poke the scary guy? MOM! MOM?!? Who are you poking?"

That's m'boy.
OneWittyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:44 PM   #19
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

This isn't really a "things kids say" post, because my daughter's too young to talk yet, but she does do some funny things....

I have a tongue ring, and when she was reeeeally little I would stick my tongue out at her... she loved the little shiny ball mommy had on her tongue, and liked to touch it. When she got a little older, she would stick her tongue out at me so I'd stick my tongue out at HER, but when she touched her own tongue, she discovered that she didn't have a ball there....the look of surprise on her face as she stuck her tongue further out and kept poking it looking for HER tongue ring just killed me!

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:14 PM   #20
jinx
Come on, cat.

kid (digging in drawer): Mom, what's this?
me: That's an ear ring I wore to a wedding.
kid: Can I try it out?
me: Sure, go ahead...
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2003, 07:18 PM   #21
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Classic, jinx! Quick thinking getting the pic!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:49 PM   #22
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

understandable as jinx wears a nosering...but aint he cute!?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:55 PM   #23
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

When my 22 year old was but a wee lad of four or so, a large group of friends were all together helping another of our circle move. Everyone was hefting boxes and whatnot, generally doing the moving thing, and the kids were being give smallish items, like individual dresser drawers, to carry in order to keep them occupied and out from underfoot.

Everyone had decided to take a break, and were lounging in the garage, when my son comes running into the garage, holding your basic 7" plastic vibrator above his head, yelling "Zoom! Spaceship! Zoom!"

Needless to say, the lady of the house was suitably mortified...
Old 12-16-2003, 08:00 PM   #24
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

a friend from long ago once told mt this one:

her whole extended family was over for a holiday, and her mom was smoking a cigarette. Becky asks(loud enough for everyone to hear her) "Mom, why aren't you sharing your cigarette tonight?"
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 01:48 PM   #25
Griff
still says videotape

My 9 year old draws a nice little viking ship. She starts walking it around my Moms kitchen saying "the vikings raid the Islands! The vikings raid Ireland. The vikings raid England. " To which my 7 year old replies, "The vikings raid the refrigerator!"
Old 01-09-2004, 11:29 AM   #26
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
When my 22 year old was but a wee lad of four or so, a large group of friends were all together helping another of our circle move. Everyone was hefting boxes and whatnot, generally doing the moving thing, and the kids were being give smallish items, like individual dresser drawers, to carry in order to keep them occupied and out from underfoot.

Everyone had decided to take a break, and were lounging in the garage, when my son comes running into the garage, holding your basic 7" plastic vibrator above his head, yelling "Zoom! Spaceship! Zoom!"

Needless to say, the lady of the house was suitably mortified...
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am in hysterics.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #27
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

my brother's kid had sort of a speech thing going on when he was three. he was sitting at my mom's table, come for a visit, when he said to my mom, "Bitch!"

the whole table got silent. (all of us, figuring he had heard his dad call his mom that...not a bad conclusion to draw.) and then he said, "Hey! Bitch!"

Mom, flabbergasted, said, "Nicolas!" And nic said..."I want a bitch!" -- and pointed at mom's biscuit.

oops.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #28
Michael Roth
Minister of Lurking

my nieghbour's child asked one day if he could play with my 'tits.' I asked "Pardon me?" 'Tits! Tits!' gesturing wildly at the 'Stitch' action figure from 'Leelo and Stitch'
"You must be," said the Cat. "Or else you wouldn't have come here."

Michael Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 02:19 PM   #29
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

I very seldom cuss. The few words that I used to use I trained myself out of after the kids were born.

However, one day we had a bunch of relatives over, including kids. We were all in the kitchen. So there I was pouring spaghetti sauce from the pot into a nice bowl for the table. At which point my hand slipped and I poured a big glop of it into my loafer.

Not on. In.

I had no control over the matter. I said F*ck in a rather loud voice. The room got really quiet.

My youngest, who was seven at the time, pipes up, "Daddy, what's 'fawk'?"

"Honey", I said, "it's a word you should never, ever use -- unless you pour spaghetti sauce in your shoe."
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:15 PM   #30
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

While this story involves me as a child, its still kinda funny. As a two year old I was fascinated by Trucks but being I was still learning how to talk I couldn't't say the TR sound and instead replaced it with an F sound. My uncle was watching me and him with a large group of his friend decided to go for a drive. My uncle was about 17 at the time and while we are all out for our little drive I look out the window and as loud as can be start yelling "Fuck, fuck, look fuck". This was Utah and they just don't say words like that. Needless to say he refused to watch me again after that.