The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 04-26-2005, 02:35 PM   #31
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
True love is lasting, has staying power. True love, thy name is xoxoxoBruce.
I am well and truly sick of you trying to lure bruce over there. Now, stop it.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:22 PM   #32
SILVERWOLFNC
High Tech Warrior

Location: North Carolina nice place to visit but you don't want to live here
Hi

Sorry I haven't responded back to this thread before now. Just a few things on my defense here...lol
A. Clodfobble I have changed my signature. Thanks for the advice.
B. I'm a 32 year old male never been married but close a couple of times only because something happend that opened my eyes to the fact that the marriage would have ended in a nasty divorce such as theft of money, infadelity on thier part, or finding out about thier drug use issues.
C. I've learned to live with the fact that I'm not a male model or the richest man granted if I was a millionaire I'd probably get my eyes fixed as they get worse as I get older so I don't completly lose all my vision. There was one surgery that I was told I did not need that I had thought about and only me and the other person in that conversation know what that was about; and no it was not sex change..far from it.
D. As far as my standards go I only look for a few things, good conversationalist, good work ethic as it takes two to make a living these days, and someone that will have a good heart and not try to screw me over. Looks are optional she doesn't have to be drop dead gorgeous as long as she and I "click" that is really all that matters.
E. Everthing I've ever read, seen, or been through in my life has always shown that women think men are an enigma and that men think that women are just the most complicate mixture of thoughts and hormones they've ever come across. I keep waiting for the one day when something happens like on the TV show "Sex in the City" where one of the character's (Berger) lets the cat out of the bag to the girls on exactly how men's minds work.
Well my soap box is getting pretty weak under the wieght of my typing. So I'll leave with this. Why does society make it so hard for men and women just to be themselves around each other? Especially during the first few months of dating? or even when trying to get that first date?

SILVERWOLFNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:30 AM   #33
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

I've had the same problem.. I'm 35 and single.. but then again I've been engaged 4 times and have lived with 5 women.. and I don't even want to think about how many I have dated.. and my average relationship lasts about 2 years (although with the last 3 that's going to ruin my average ).. OC has it right, for the most part it's a waiting game until you find one that's 'right' don't worry and have fun along the way.. and yeah If I hear the 'you're 35 and haven't been married' one more time I'm going to break a boot off in someones ass! nice guys don't always finish last.. or well.. that's what I have to believe anyway.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #34
mrnoodle
bent

I'm not even sure I want to get married anymore. I've been single my whole life, I have no experience with anything else. yeah I was engaged once and came close 2 other times when I was younger, but I've never really experienced the LTR thing (I think 2 years is about my record, as well).

Unless and until someone comes along that I can see being with at age 80 (and who can live with the horror of staying with ME at that age), I'm happily single. Not hunting for a partner either. I might be naive, but I think that if the right person comes along, they'll do so whether or not I allow myself to be hooked up on blind dates, go to "singles" functions (that's a concept that should've died on the drawing board), or otherwise hunt a mate.

Ask me again when I'm 45, and I might have a completely different outlook. Right now, though, I see far too many unhappy marriages to want to sign up for that kind of grief.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:43 AM   #35
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
nice guys don't always finish last..
my wife says a nice guy should ALWAYS finish last.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:08 AM   #36
Brett's Honey
whatever

My husband if a firm believer that women want "what other women have"! He said it never failed that as soon as he started dating somebody, after being single for months, women that had no interest in him while he was available, suddenly were hitting on him. Years ago, I had a close male friend tell me the very same thing. He'd gone to the same club every week-end and went home alone every week-end. As soon as he started showing up with an attractive date, the women who wouldn't even dance with him before suddenly became interested.
After reading the posts in this thread, I feel so very lucky!! I'm 45, in my third marriage, and cannot think of a thing I would change about my marriage, my husband, or our relationship. I complained a few months ago in another thread about him not picking up after himself enough, but I got over that. Now I just feel lucky and grateful that a few messes is the worst thing I have to complain about!
I've never been in a relationship that's made me feel this content and happy, and 100% sure that it will stay this way. So I guess I have found what I wanted, even though I could not have told you what it was that I wanted before I found it. What I found is someone who I like, as well as love, am physically attracted to, I respect him for all of his good qualities, I enjoy his company and we talk about everything under the sun, I share his love of drag racing and always watch racing on TV with him, and go to races with him. He's understanding of my fairly close friendship with my ex and his family (the father of my children), and we trust each other. I guess it seems like since the important things are covered, everything else just falls into place. We don't waste any time or emotion sweating the small stuff. So, I guess that stuff was what I wanted! (Yes, you run the risk of it not working out, but you'll most certainly never find "the one" if you aren't willing to take the risk!)
SILVERWOLFNC said "Looks are optional she doesn't have to be drop dead gorgeous as long as she and I "click" that is really all that matters". Good attitude to have considering something I read that was written by a man who's dated many women - lots of them beautiful and famous - He said that the drop-dead gorgeous women aren't as good in bed as the not perfect women because the gorgeous woman thinks that "just being there" is enough!
I also think that the best chance you have of finding a good relationship is when you're not out there trying really hard to find one. People are attracted to, and want to be around people who are enjoying themselves and confident.
I felt like giving up once too, so I understand that, but I am so glad I didn't!
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:59 AM   #37
cowhead

the hi-pro glow
Old 05-08-2005, 01:00 AM   #38
cowhead

although I have to say.. when you ar elooking it's the worst time to find one.. the best ones are out of the blue. or atleast as my life has gone
Old 05-08-2005, 09:36 AM   #39
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I want you all to know that i've been restraining my self from just posting " COCK!" in here.

guess i couldnt take it anymore.

hey, what the fuck does LTR mean? i hate it when you nerds come up with a new batch of initials and I miss the memo. You know how long it took me to figure out 'kwim' meant? sheesh!

Glat hit this right from the git. it varies per woman. some women have low self esteem, and think they deserve to be shit on, so they gravitate toward badboys and bikers that call them 'cunt'. some see themselves as princesses, and expect their men to fawn over them. I think a lot of it probably has to do with their father. they tend to either want the same guy, or the opposite guy, depending on their feelings toward their dad. ( too freudian, maybe)

the point is that it doesn;t matter what they want. just be you. you cant fake it forever. dont think you are doing them a favor by being a chameleon. eventually, you wont be able to keep up the farce. you'll have a fight, and the true you will show.

just take care of yourself, respect yourself, respect others, and dont be creepy. stalking is right out, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman
Don't treat em mean, but do keep em keen.
why do things sound more true when they ryhme?
Quote:
Originally Posted by warch
Then there's the ability to make you laugh consistently and deeply (involves being smart and spontaneous). That, and good kisses. Good traits, hard to pin down.
warch rocks. never says anything stupid, or trite. always hits the nail on the head. bet she's a hot piece of ass, too. reminds me of someone i know.

one of life's truths that relates to this thread can be heard in a song called "jane says"

~ I want 'em if they want me~
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #40
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
my wife says a nice guy should ALWAYS finish last.
That, sir, is an instant classic.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:59 AM   #41
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

<a href="http://www.acronymfinder.com/">This</a> is for lumberjim.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #42
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant
This is for lumberjim.
SO far down the list
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:36 AM   #43
Fudge Armadillo
What's the matter with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowhead
although I have to say.. when you ar elooking it's the worst time to find one.. the best ones are out of the blue. or atleast as my life has gone
Oddly, this is written on the flap of my box of Sun-Maid raisins:

"Nothing is wasted; things happen when the time is right."

Maybe I will start taking relationship advice from a box of raisins; if nothing else, the mascot looks pretty intelligent in his hospital-white gloves and trendy tennis shoes.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #44
lookout123
changed his status to single

i would suggest not dating anything that looks like a raisin though. if you do... consult a doctor the next morning.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:45 AM   #45
cowhead

woo hoo! 401! i've been slacking! anyway.. the thing is that in all honesty I can't say shit. are you looking for love or a fuck? a fuck is easy.. love? well that's where it gets tricky, they can start in the same spots it's just 2 years down the road you have to look at.. I dunno I'm in love with a woman I can't have, no. she's just right it's just that she doesn't know it right now.. so suffice to say keep that armour in tip top shape.. ya never know when you might need it.... damn hopeless romanitc types! hmmm I guess that's why I play guitar.. and for you that are just that bored go to garageband.com/slurry and listen to ciccadas (yeah I know it's not spelled right.. it was the lead guitar player that put it up there!) )