FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 09-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

It's worse than that!

The National Ledger:

Quote:
An intelligence assessment claims that terrorism has grown worse because of the Iraq war. Expect this intelligence assessment to be played as a political card by Democrats as the fall elections near.
So W's own folks have come to a conclusion that is in opposition to the administration's (again). Will he throw his analysts under the bus, repent, or ignore the report? My guess is that heads will roll. Howard Dean's wife isn't in the CIA, is she?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
Ibby
erika

I'm gonna go with 'ignore'.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:58 PM   #3
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Those aren't W's own folks. Those are the folks that Rumsfeld created a separate intelligence organization in order to bypass.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:14 AM   #4
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
Those aren't W's own folks. Those are the folks that Rumsfeld created a separate intelligence organization in order to bypass.
In that case, I'm sure Rumsfeld is going to be invited along with Cheney for a little hunting trip in the near future.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:22 AM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

Has this been turned into an evil leakers story yet?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
glatt

I was actually surprised this story took a few days to come up on the Cellar. I was positive the day the report came out in the Times and the Post that tw would work it into one of his threads. It exactly what he's been saying for a while.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #7
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
Has this been turned into an evil leakers story yet?
I can hear W now "if we admit the truth...if we admit that all our harrrrrd work has been for nuthin... or even made things worse, we're playing into the terrorists hands. We cannot undermine our military personnel by having this discussion. Listen, we did not invade Iraq to stop terrorism, we invaded Iraq for oil... I mean to create jobs for Ameri... to remove a bad man from power. Yeah, that's it. To remove Saddam from power - had to be a regime change. Harrrd work. Valerie Plame is a covert CIA agent."
Old 09-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #8
vrai_rennx
Voix de Vérité

All I can say is... Every president elected in an '00 year (Or maybe it was just '0... I forget. Anyway-) has died in office. Either by assassination, or something stupid like rotten cherries or pneumonia.

And now it's Dubya's turn. My money's on something stupid. Probably another pretzel...

~les beaux esprits se rencontrent~
vrai_rennx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It's just the "0". Reagan broke the curse.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #10
marichiko

Reagan DID get shot, though. Unfortunately, he survived. Still, there's always hope that the "00" curse will work this time around.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #11
mrnoodle
bent

I can see why the left so vigorously defends the religion of peace. They have much in common.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:20 AM   #12
marichiko

Bush is the anti-Christ. :p
Old 09-27-2006, 01:44 AM   #13
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

President and NIE Contradict - Which is Lying

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
I was actually surprised this story took a few days to come up on the Cellar.
Wait for George Jr to proclaim lies and provide documents that prove he is spinning. Not only does a leaked document says George Jr lies. A declassified version also says same. And still George Jr lies. He is so classic of a religious extremist. From ABC News of 26 Sept 2006:
Quote:
In the bleak report, released Tuesday on President Bush's orders, the nation's most veteran analysts conclude that despite serious damage to the leadership of al-Qaida, the threat from Islamic extremists has spread both in numbers and in geographic reach.

"If this trend continues, threats to U.S. interests at home and abroad will become more diverse, leading to increasing attacks worldwide," the document says. "The confluence of shared purpose and dispersed actors will make it harder to find and undermine jihadist groups."
Since a political agenda is so important to an extremist (one who talks to god) - since secret documents are conveniently 'leaked' for a politicial agenda - George Jr declassified (leaked) more of a National Intelligence Estimate (NIE). George Jr claims a 'light in the end of the tunnel' which both the leaked and the declassified assessments contradict.

More from ABC News summary:
Quote:
The increased role of Iraqis in opposing al-Qaida in Iraq might lead the terror group's veteran foreign fighters to focus their efforts outside the country.

While Iran and Syria are the most active state sponsors of terror, many other countries will be unable to prevent their resources from being exploited by terrorists.

The underlying factors that are fueling the spread of the extremist Muslim movement outweigh its vulnerabilities. These factors are entrenched grievances and a slow pace of reform in home countries, rising anti-U.S. sentiment and the Iraq war. ...

"Exposing the religious and political straitjacket that is implied by the jihadists' propaganda would help to divide them from the audiences they seek to persuade," the report says.

It also argues that the loss of key leaders Osama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahri and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in "rapid succession" would probably cause the group to fracture.
Major leaders such as Zarqawi were killed - and the insurgency only grew in size and violence. Of course - as was even obvious in The Cellar posts. Same posts that also noted how George Jr never went after America's real enemy: bin Laden. What was repeatedly posted even two years ago by some in the Cellar? "When are we going after bin Laden?" George Jr supporters remained silent - a classic anti-American attitude so common among extremists. Bin Laden was the enemy - and America did almost nothing to get him. Add those facts to the report - and it says George Jr did more things wrong.

The president's response is now documented. The president's response is not supported by details in that report. Quotes from the report that George Jr declassified:
Quote:
Although we cannot measure the extent of the spread with precision, ... activists identifying themselves as jihadists, ... are increasing in both number and geographic dispersion.

If this trend continues, threats to US interests at home and abroad will become more diverse, leading to increasing attacks worldwide.

Greater pluralism and more responsive political systems in Muslim majority nations would alleviate some of the grievances ...

We assess that the global jihadist movement is decentralized, lacks a coherent global strategy, and is becoming more diffuse. New jihadist networks and cells, with anti-American agendas, are increasingly likely to emerge. The confluence of shared purpose and dispersed actors will make it harder to find and undermine jihadist groups.
Meanwhile, the president lies - in direct contradiction to his own NIE report - saying if we don't fight them there, then they will come here. Report says opposite.

Meanwhile we in The Cellar read so many years ago that this insurgency, jihadists, etc was akin to a field of dandelions - not a worldwide terrorist network as the president lies. The report says this decentralized enemy (not a worldwide terrorist network) will only get more decentralized as America inspires more enemies (for four reasons defined below).

Why does a declassified assessment further contradict George Jr? He hopes you don't read such details - only listen to his propaganda. He hopes you do as do those who listen to Rush Limbaugh. He also hoped you got excited when Zarqawi was killed - as proof the "Mission Accomplished" war was being won. He hopes you don't notice that violence and insurgent numbers have only increased since Zarqawi's death. He hopes you don't notice what is causing jihad to grow everywhere - like dandelions on the lawn - as both the leaked and declassified reports say:
Quote:
The Iraq conflict has become the cause celebre for jihadists, breeding a deep resentment of US involvement in the Muslim world and cultivating supporters for the global jihadist movement. ...

Four underlying factors are fueling the spread of the jihadist movement: (1) Entrenched grievances ... (2) the Iraq jihad; (3) the slow pace of real and sustained economic, social, and political reforms in many Muslim majority nations; and (4) pervasive anti-US sentiment among most Muslims ...
Report speculates as more jihadists fail, then others are less likely to follow. Well they failed in the 1993 WTC attack. They failed in Millennium attacks all over the world including LAX, Egyptian tourists, bombing the USS The Sullivans, and maybe in Toronto and NYC. They failed to explode airliners over the Pacific and Atlantic (an exploding shoe). Their failures have been far more numerous, and yet the jihad grows stronger - for four reasons defined in the report.

Look at four reasons for jihad. Bush (especially a one sided Israeli support) only heightens and encourages grievances. Americans made Iraqis life worse. Reforms stifled by a president who said, "Americans don't do nation building". Afghanistan was lost years ago when America did no reforms - no nation building in that so critical first year. Thank you genius George Jr.

First 3 reasons define a growing insurgency and jihad. #4 is obvious: “pervasive anti-US sentiment" - animosity not just limited to Muslims. Dropping US approval is directly traceable to administration wacko extremists. Ratings dropped from about 70% to about 15%. Americans were once highly regarded by Muslims - before America voted for a president who talks to god and promotes Christian extremism.

Added facts (that a George Jr routinely ignores) to a declassified report says how and why America cannot win "Mission Accomplished". This president even lies is in a declassified report.
Quote:
The jihadists greatest vulnerability is that their ultimate political solution an ultra-conservative interpretation of sharia-based governance spanning the Muslim world is unpopular with the vast majority of Muslims.
IOW if America stops imposing an American solution on a Muslim world, then jihadist would be dis-empowered. Jihadist did, do, and only would attack those in their own country. Americans are attacked because we are imposing - therefore making a stronger and inspired jihad.

George Jr proclaims we are "winning the war against terrorism". He also hopes you don't read. Don't be as dumb as George Jr hopes. Don't blindly and obediently support a world class idiot. Read for yourself what George Jr lied about:
Declassified Key Judgments of the National Intelligence Estimate Trends in Global Terrorism: Implications for the United States dated April 2006
Quote:
Anti-US and anti-globalization sentiment is on the rise and fueling other radical ideologies. This could prompt some leftist, nationalist, or separatist groups to adopt terrorist methods to attack US interests. The radicalization process is occurring more quickly, more widely, and more anonymously in the Internet age, raising the likelihood of surprise attacks by unknown groups whose members and supporters may be difficult to pinpoint.
Does that say we are winning? Of course not. Why does a lying president say differently? Apparently he is only preaching to dumb and blind Americans - those who worship Rush Limbaugh logic.

'Big dic' Americans who also promote torture, kidnapping, wiretapping, secret prisions, protect bin Laden ... are encouraging and empowering America's enemies. That fact from a leaked NIE assessment. That conclusion is not disputed by George Jr's declassified report - no matter how he lies about it.

George Jr claims he is making America safer - in direct contradiction to that report. America can no longer win in Iraq or in Afghanistan. We have successfully encouraged and caused jihad to grow - because our president did not even read his own declassified report and then lied about what that report really says. Now Americans will be under greater threat everywhere in the world. Do you believe god wants that? Or that George Jr lies? Of course he lies. That should have long been obvious.

Last edited by tw; 09-27-2006 at 01:53 AM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:12 AM   #14
Ibby
erika

Thats prettymuch gotta be a record.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:36 AM   #15
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
Thats prettymuch gotta be a record.
No, George Jr has lied far more egregiously before. No record. He is simply doing what he always does.

Saddam attacked the World Trade Center. Aluminun tubes for WMDs. God told George Jr to invade Iraq. Only an idiot would not recognize a scumbag president - be it Richard Nixon or George Jr. They were both liars. And one is still doing it.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote