The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

good fucking gawd...why is everything i post either ignored outright or met with hostility?

the dog attacked a kid. that's all i need to know. don't be so violent in your anti-violence crusade, mmmkay? what is your particular problem with 'me'? I don't remember kicking you in the nuts...that's usually met with grovelling on your part. i'll try harder.

yeah, we know what 'nice' is.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #17
glatt

I wasn't gonna comment because I don't want my anti-dog to show.

Truth is, I have never owned a dog, but I've known many in my lifetime. I'd estimate that about 95% of the dogs I've encountered have been good dogs. And 5% are just mean. Those mean dogs should be kept inside, or on a chain, or behind a very secure fence. If they get out and attack people who are not provoking them, they should be taken from their owners and put down.

Our next door neighbor has three dogs. For a while there, they (actually it was probably their kids) were very negligent and their dogs would get out and be running free around the neighborhood. Two of the three dogs were good dogs. One was a mean SOB that would bark and growl at us in our own yard. Or if we pulled in to our driveway, which was on the opposite side of our property from the neighbors land, the fucking thing would bark and growl at us. All its body language saying that it was going to chomp our asses if we got out of the car. Well, after this went on for a while and we kept complaining to the neighbors, they are finally good about keeping it secure. So a mean dog is just fine if the owners are responsible. But if the owners can't be responsible, then the dog should be taken from them. And put down, it it's attacked anyone.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #18
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Name:  put down.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  65.3 KB
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #19
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's very sad but human-aggressive dogs must be destroyed.

We have plenty that are nice.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #20
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Every dog, every single one, big or small, 'has the propensity' to do what that dog did. Do we kill 'em all pre-emptively?

As far as not being able to 'knock that out of him': Have you heard of any of the rescued Michael Vick dogs harming anyone, post-rescue? Some of those dogs are used as therapy dogs. Around children, and old people. And those dogs were bred to fight. That's the only reason that they exist. And those dogs haven't attacked anyone that I've heard about.

I agree with that.

Eight month old dogs are a little like early adolescent kids - they're overgrown puppies with a hormone rush. And that's one powerful looking 8 month old dog. Dog like that needs some careful handling and clear boundaries. And a full vet check to see if there are any underlying problems.

I wouldn't want to deal with this dog - I'm not qualified either formally or through experience for that kind of aggression - but I can think of a few people who'd probably be able to turn that dog around and have him grow up just as well-behaved as any other dog.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #21
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
good fucking gawd...why is everything i post either ignored outright or met with hostility?

the dog attacked a kid. that's all i need to know. don't be so violent in your anti-violence crusade, mmmkay? what is your particular problem with 'me'? I don't remember kicking you in the nuts...that's usually met with grovelling on your part. i'll try harder.

yeah, we know what 'nice' is.
Dayum. Looks like Ortho is back and posting under Infi's account.

Infi, you got waaaaaaaaaay more out of that than I could have ever intended. In no way do I have any kind of a problem with you. In fact, I'm sure that if you go back and look, you'll find that I've not disagreed with you very often at all. And everything you post is not met with hostility. I'm sorry you read anything in my post(s) as hostility directed toward you. There was none, I assure you.

I don't know why you reacted the way you did. I will assume there was a reason.

Maybe you were having a particularly bad day (like we all do occasionally), or something.

I hope your Saturday was better.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I am about up to here with the pit bull advocates saying ... see, see, it's not a pibble ... pibbles are good. Go back to slurping your $7 soy milk responsibly harvested organic bean latte. Sorry. I have two of them at work.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #23
York
Operations Operative

Since my granddad's dog bit my youngest sister's eye, and my older sisters ear and cheeks... I think every growling dog - "mean dog " like someone here said- should be kept away from children of strangers.... I love dogs and had some myself... But some of them just can't be trainded or handled... Just like there are people...
wich i also get away from when they start growling...
Old 05-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Dogs are like people, some just need killin'.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #25
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Oh grav...you know I love ya...but yeah you pissed me off. You only need look back and see that you kinda sorta were saying I am of the mind that all dogs are terrible dangerous creatures and should be put down 'in case shit' but that just isn't true.

I've been helping my friends, who don't have a ton of cash, to be able to keep the dog that fell into their lives, medically, and to train it properly...so maybe I'm a bit sensitive to any perceived allegation that I am anything but an animal lover. But, I love kids more, and I don't see a communal lovely place for dogs who bite (and that's a generous description of what we saw on the tape) and children.

Anyhow, peace out dude.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #26
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Awwwww, sharin' the love, that's nice, now Grav won't have to spank the monkey.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #27
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Anyhow, peace out dude.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote