The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 11-01-2001, 06:44 PM   #46
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Damn, you guy's post alot... I guess that's what I get for being a guy that only uses computers for recreation. I just can't keep up.

Anyway, I agree completly that the problem is more socieconomic than anything else. Which leads to my point, no matter what we do they will hate us. These people have decided to blame us for their condition and there's fuck all we can do about it.

As for the Anthrax, in my daily life I don't know anyone who is doing anything different. Everything that didn't happen becuase one building or another was closed still got done. The only thing it's done is make some people sick and kill a very few. All the more reason to hunt the bastards down harder.

If this method has any negative effect on the US it's to make the common man more willing to see innocent blood shed. This is not what they want. The longer it goes the more right's will be trampled. Their methods are not only ineffective, but self-destructive. The US will only get more aggresive as it goes on.

That's an all-around bad situation.
Old 11-02-2001, 12:41 AM   #47
jaguar
whig

Quote:
Anyway, I agree completly that the problem is more socieconomic than anything else. Which leads to my point, no matter what we do they will hate us. These people have decided to blame us for their condition and there's fuck all we can do about it.
The issues are solveable, but in the long term. In the short term is can be alleviated by solving some of the microcosoms. Just withdrawing troops form Saudi would be a big push in the short-medium term.

In the long term while i don't think it'll happen the western world needs to entirely rethink its policy to the third world. THis is an issue that has been a long time in the making - continue tis later. At the same time there hsould be a crackdown on terrorism, but nothign else - only those directly responsible any more looks like revenge. The key is to send a very tailored message - fuck with us and we'll fuck you twice and your kid too. BUT not declare war on the entire muslim world. ie: Don't bomb ,surcical strikes based on solid intel only. Combined iwht serious long-term aid designed to have a serious impact on these nations economies.

Whit - 09% of schoolwork, graphics work, gaming - i spend 3-4 hours here a day during the week and 0-2 on the weekend.

Last edited by jaguar; 11-02-2001 at 12:51 AM.
jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote