two loaves of wheat bread
tax

guess how much. highlight to answer.

$76.34
Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #8222
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Oh Lord! Where do you shop????

I guessed $50 and I was rounding up. It might have helped to be a little more specific on the quantities, however.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #8223
monster
I hear them call the tide

about $35 where I live/shop assuming the kitchen and bog roll were bought in bulk.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:41 AM   #8224
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Well, Carrot survived his ordeal at the vets. He spent the day there pretty much. Dropped him in at a little after 8:30, walked away feeling a total traitor (left him his raggedy-cow toy to chew whilst he was waiting for the anaesthetic). Picked him up around 4pm.

The news is not as bad as I had feared and not as good as I had hoped.

He has a mild form of hip dysplasia. The joints aren't very badly malformed, nowhere near as bad as it can get, but nor are they quite right. The balls of the joints are slightly flattened at the head, and the sockets of the joints quite shallow.

I've seen what bad hip dysplasia can do and it's really horrible. I'm profoundly relieved that's not what he has to face. In some dogs the ball of the joint is barely bigger than the shaft, sometimes completely flat, like a little hammerhead. The socket can form so flat that there is no surround to the ball at all. And in the worst cases the two are actually at a slight distance from each other and not connecting at all as a joint, with muscle alone holding the two pieces together. At it's worst it is crippling.

The good news is that catching it at this age offers an opportunity to intervene whilst he is still growing and really strengthen the muscles around the joints. He'll be going for visits to the hydrotherapy pool to boost them. It won't make a massive difference to the next few years, but will hopefully payoff when he's a little older. What is done now has major implications for his quality of life past the age of 5 or 6.

He's fine. But it's worrying me a little. With shallow hipjoints he's at possible risk of dislocation if the joints are stressed. A fall or a bad landing could be a real problem. I have decided not to do agility classes with him (as I had considered doing once he hits a 1 year old), and will have to be a little cautious where I let him run free. Pilau was a little mountain goat and cuold always be relied upon to find a way up and over anything. Carrot has the same inclination, but when I think of some of the tumbles Pil took, I really don't like that thought for Carrot and his shallow hip joints.

Was so sad looking at his xrays. Flat on his back with his legs downwards, looked like a little human :p

Anyways. Yeah. A little upset at the thought of him having anything bad to contend with really.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #8225
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

for carrot - of love

for carrot's human: of love and caring
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #8226
monster

We need a carrot smiley. probably not this one.

Name:  carrot_by_vale_ska-d32dpwq.gif
Views: 136
Size:  822 Bytes
Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #8227
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Poor carrot. Huggles.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #8228
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

BigV-- groceries are my number one expense. I have been trying to eat beans, rice and corn/salsa mixture and skip meat but I MISS MEAT! Protein fills you UP and the beans/rice thing only makes me swell up and then feel hungry in half an hour. It's ridiculous how much money one person can spend at the grocery. Add up stuff like TP, cleanser, shampoo, and animal stuff and you're at 100.00 easily. It's teh sucketh. and it's only going to get worse with the drought. the farmers here say Isaac HURT them rather than helped them. I'm getting a new storm door and I am prepared to go to food banks when I have to pay for it. (Old Storm door is original wood from 1957 and has dry rot and been thru two major storms and no longer shuts. Must have a new one - not a luxury deal at all. The storms coming thru Ohio are getting really nasty and I have to have a new one. During last storm, the plastic in the "glass" section of the door cracked in four places).

PM me for my addy to google my house and see storm door from '57!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #8229
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Thanks guys. Have passed on Cellar huggles to Carrot
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #8230
monster

But really, how can you spend that much on that BigV? Did you order in from Harrods? that's insane. Or are green burritos like $40, 'cause that's the only thing I had to guess on.

paper Towel $1.50
Bogroll $2
Soda $3 * 2 = $6
milk: $5 ($3.50 if you have an ALDI)
creamer ?$3
Mayo $3
Bread $5

that's like $25 plus your burritos. WTF?
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #8231
glatt

Yeah, I was coming up with $50. Prices are higher here and probably in Seattle too. Depends on how big the packages of the paper towels and TP were, and also what green burritos are.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #8232
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Green burritos are made entirely from money! That's why they cost so much.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #8233
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Green burritos are made entirely from money! That's why they cost so much.
yeah, that's why I never buy them.

IF you buy the large quality TP it's around 14.00 here (the triple size Charmin Ultra strong stuff that lasts one person a month) IF you buy 12 rolls of paper towels, (which I never do) it's around the same. so that's nearly 30 dollars right there. It's better to buy in bulk on that stuff if you can as it's cheaper in the long run but I can't really afford to do that.

and as far as going to the food banks goes....well, it prolly won't get THAT bad. I'll just do soup and ramen for longer than I want!

eta: creamer here is around 3.99 and mayo is nearly five bux if you buy Hellman's and four if you buy store brand

—James Barrie

Old 09-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #8234
monster

so bulk paper towel adds 7 and bulk tp adds 13. so now $45. Those are definitely still greenback burritos
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #8235
monster

Soylent Green Burritos?

Name:  GreenGiantBurrito.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  20.0 KB

Tags
swiss