The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #3631
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Can you post a picture, Ducks? I love seeing home improvement projects.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #3632
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

@ Dana:

I am happy because Dexter is coming over, in 7 to 9 business days.

I found the first season at Wally World for 30 bucks, but I decided to check online. Amazon had it for 20. So, I ordered it.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #3633
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh! Oh you are in for a treat. It's wickedly funny.

And Michael C Hall. Y'know, I think I could overlook little foibles like killing and dismembering the odd childkiller. I'm pretty sure I could...what's the word?...oh yes, compartmentalise :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #3634
sugarpop
Professor

They just showed video clips of the cherry blossoms in full bloom in DC. I love cherry trees.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #3635
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Oh! Oh you are in for a treat. It's wickedly funny.

And Michael C Hall. Y'know, I think I could overlook little foibles like killing and dismembering the odd childkiller. I'm pretty sure I could...what's the word?...oh yes, compartmentalise :P
I think I could too. I could have gotten over David being gay in 6FU!

I can't wait. I am desperately in need of a quality viewing obsession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpop View Post
They just showed video clips of the cherry blossoms in full bloom in DC. I love cherry trees.
You must have been watching CBS Sunday Morning. I saw it too. There was a segment earlier on Helen Keller that I was going to post about seeing. It was awesome!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #3636
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I think I could too. I could have gotten over David being gay in 6FU!

I can't wait. I am desperately in need of a quality viewing obsession.

You must have been watching CBS Sunday Morning. I saw it too. There was a segment earlier on Helen Keller that I was going to post about seeing. It was awesome!
I just caught the tail end of the show. I always love the way they end that show. It's very comforting and serene.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #3637
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
There was a segment earlier on Helen Keller that I was going to post about seeing.
Why, just to rub it in?

Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #3638
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I have the house to myself again until Wednesday - yay!
Still attending the day hospital, but I might be discharged this week, as I am considered fully detoxed now.

Still, the wheels of the NHS turn so slowly, I might be better off there until they work out if the Community Mental Health team are actually going to pick me up for psycho-therapy. Still, if not the alcohol counselling I'm going to get (starting tomorrow at 09.00) are another route to therapy. My GP wants to send me back to counselling - huh? That's what dragged up all the bad shit in the first place!

Oh and my Alli (Orlistat) arrived on Saturday! So I had my first full day today. Will report back in the weight thread next week as to how much difference it makes. A little concerned because the side effects can include loose stools, difficult to control bowel movements etc etc - I haven't had a poo since I took the first tablet Saturday night! No idea how this will be reflected in my weigh in tomorrow - I'm used to having two a day!!

Oh and I have finished up my Rose Red hair dye. When this fades sufficiently or the roots get too obvious (I have the last of it marinating my barnet right now) I have a lighter but brighter shade to move onto. All bought, as it another three lots of bleach (only if necessary) because there were deals on when I got the first lot, so I feel thrifty even if I wasn't. And I didn't get it all over the bathroom this time. Hmmm, better not speak to soon, it's the washing off that gets splashy...
Old 04-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #3639
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Why, just to rub it in?

clever girl.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #3640
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Lit coals under SonofV's birthday ham. Shame I didn't get them started earlier. Oh well, it'll be done in the morning.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #3641
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Why, just to rub it in?

Heehee.

They showed a clip of her and Anne Sullivan, with Sullivan explaining how she taught Helen to talk. Helen then spoke, and they had to caption it because it was very hard to understand, and she said that the only thing she wished she could change (and I'm really paraphrasing here) was her speech. She wondered what she might have accomplished if she had been able to speak clearly. This woman who overcame obstacles I could never begin to comprehend, and arguably one of the most intelligent women ever, who accomplished amazing things...wondering what she might have been able to do better.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #3642
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Louis Braille pm'd me and said all his buddies in France listened to that on the public radio broadcast this morning.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #3643
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

My first official day at home alone with Max. As much as I love Dazza and have enjoyed having him here with us for the last few weeks, he's started getting under my feet a bit. Max is into a pretty good routine now, so I can finally get to all those little things that seem to get put off when there's someone else in the house, even if it is your husband.

Am I the only full time mum who feels like this or do others of you know what I'm talking about?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #3644
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I function differently when SonofV is not home. Some things are easier to get done. Laundry. Cleaning. Organizing. Meals are far simpler, much more like refueling.

Honestly, though, while I like the increased efficiency from reduced distractions, compared to laundry and cleaning and organizing and elaborate meals, SonofV isn't a distraction. He's just a far higher priority.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #3645
Tiki

I feel like I'm able to get more done, as a single mom, than when I was married. Funny. I guess it's because I fill the space that used to be occupied by my husband with things like cleaning and baking.

Today I feel pretty happy because even though I did not get to go canoeing with my friend, because he either drank too much last night or has food poisoning or both, my housemate babysat Little Orange (my smallest) and I drove out to the levee where the canoe ramp is, and it was pretty and there were turtles. Then Sir Talksalot called me and I went and watched him dig a trench for a while, and then I went home and collected Little Orange and we walked to the store and then to my sick friend's house to deliver him Vitamin Water, and then went to a BBQ, and just now got home and tucked Little Orange into bed! I'm so tired, I should go to bed too.