Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Single sized carbon credit

As we all now know the earth is warming due to the discharge of CO2 into the atmosphere and that will eventually kill the entire world and then we'll be...well, fuct.

In an effort to aknowledge the importance of regulating and measuring one's own emissions I'm going to offer my total lack of driving a vehicle and eating beef while here in the Philippines as a credit for sale.

In the US my driving average is around 150 miles a week. That's 150 miles a week worth of bad, nasty pollution that normally did go into the air, that no longer does now that I'm here without a car. My beef consumption in the US is also included because we all know that cows flatulence is also a major contributor to the problem.

If you happen to be one of those people that are on board with the notion that we should be driving less and reducing our emissions, yet you don't want to give up your SUV and or other earth killing activities, I'm here to ease your guilt.

It's been difficult for me to put a price on this credit for the lack of real market for them but with a bit of calculation a figure has come to mind.

For the amazingly low investment of $200, you can claim my portion of emissions for yourself. The term is for 6 months plus, my stay here in Manila. It's true that I do use some forms of transport that are polluting but it's surely much more efficient than one person running one car alone without carpooling AND it's in another continent.

Yes, I know this is a very affordable credit but it's something that I would like to offer to not only the thinking people of the cellar but also to the earth.

There will be a certificate of authenticity or sincerity issued with the payment of the credit.

Last edited by slang; 12-14-2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: slight re-wording
slang is offline   Reply With Quote