The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 03-21-2002, 09:51 PM   #1
Nic Name
retired

User CP -- What's this good for?

The seldom used User CP button, which allows a member to personalize their own view of the Cellar may be useful, after all.

Members can subscribe to almost all public forums, other than those they don't want to see, and excluding any User-Hosted Forums that are outside a member's area of interest.

The User CP provides a more personalized experience than the View New Messages link, with a bit of selective subscribing to forums of interest ... even if that is almost all the forums.

I subscribe to almost all the forums, but if there is something that I don't want in my Cellar experience, I don't subscribe and don't see it in my User CP. I link directly into my User CP and get a personalized Cellar experience.

In the end, it is great that members have the option to have their own User-Hosted Forum to express themselves for themselves and for their personal fans, without regard for the general public and other members ... in that personal forum.

Of course, Guests visitng the Cellar get the view of ALL the forums. Maybe that's another reason to become a member ... the User Control Panel.

Has anyone else found the User CP to be useful?
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Re: User CP -- What's this good for?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nic Name
Has anyone else found the User CP to be useful?
Certainly. It lets me choose whether to stick you on ignore or not.

(Hey! This is post #1234. Gnarly.)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 11:09 PM   #3
Nic Name
retired

:p

All kidding aside ...

I think the features are worth noting that there exists the options not to follow a personal weblog in any User-Hosted Forum, which by its nature is expected to be more personal, and at the same time appreciate the views of that same member expressed in Forums on topics of the general interest.

Of course, the User CP also provides the ultimate control of a user's view by using the Ignore feature.

But it also allows the enrichment of the user's experience with a Buddy List and Private Messaging features, too.

Last edited by Nic Name; 03-21-2002 at 11:37 PM.
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:09 AM   #4
dave

Who's kidding?