The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

compatibility issues?

ok. office laptop has an issue. i know jack about laptops let alone windows 7. i'm running AutoCad 2008 and from what i understand they don't like each other. no shit. somedays i will have 50, yes 50 or more, Fatal Errors. i know very little about software. (the internals that make it tick). is there a way to make windows 7 act like XP? thought i read something in the last week about that. here nor there. i gotta fix this problem. it's driving me bonkers! oh, yeah, when does it happen? when i go to open a drawing. not so much when i open it within Cad. now if i have explorer open and double click the icon there it tends to happen more. this time, the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back is i've got some old drawings that require "drawing recovery" half of them are toast. i can't open them without crashing so i just move onto the next one. the following pic shows a different fatal error but the most prevolent is this:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 75acd36fh

01/06/2012 at 14:41:29.916 Drawing:
-------------

so, that being said.....

WTF is this?

ETA: what can i do to fix this?
Attached Images

Last edited by plthijinx; 01-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.
plthijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

The heavy weight solution is this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...indows-xp-mode

And the quick and dirty way that sometimes works:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...tibility-mode/
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

thanks Perry. trying it this morning. first shot was fail with the quick and dirty way. then i went in and checked run as admin. we'll see. again, thanks for the link!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

so far so good. think that fixed it!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

damn if it did fix it. I.T. is going to install somethinorother on my laptop to make it run like XP or some shit next week.

in the mean time i have another question. here at the house on my desktop i'm having trouble connecting to the net of sorts. can be painfully slow (like back in the early dial-up days) or other times it's faster than you can run to the bathroom with a new case of salmonella poisoning. set-up config: there is one modem thru U-verse. i cannot connect to this modem for some damn reason. i have a linksys router hardwired to the u-verse via a patch cable. i know both work fine as i can get on the net with my laptop and paul's computer never has a problem, granted he's hard wired to the modem itself. i thought perhaps it was my old wireless net card. Zippyt and i have been gaming online with MW3 and we keep getting kicked out because i loose my connection. aggravating. anyway, my connection issues have been happening for a few weeks now and tonight i thought perhaps the old card was going bad. went to fry's and bought a new one. cisco dual band wireless-N. installed it but it couldn't sign into the u-verse. i went downstairs and unplugged the linksys router thinking maybe there was a frequency issue although one is on channel 10 and the other is on 2. still nothing. so i plugged the linksys back in and i can login to it. only problem is i still have the intermittent connection issue. any ideas? virus? i have norton IS and spybot. i know, norton sucks nowadays but it is what it is. help!