The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-10-2004, 04:05 PM   #46
wolf
lobber of scimitars

(*checks*)

Yes, standard number and configuration. Original equipment.

And oh, nor am I so old that having them droop into the grill rack is an issue.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 04:27 PM   #47
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
(*checks*)

shouldn't that have been:

"(*)(*) checks"
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:56 PM   #48
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
I'll let you know if i don;t like you. You won;t have to ask....you'll know.
Who needs comedy central?! ;-)

Oh yeah and Bruce's comment about German tourists!
Old 04-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #49
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
(*checks*)

Yes, standard number and configuration. Original equipment.
So how 'bout some, you know...naked pics?
Old 04-10-2004, 07:34 PM   #50
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

It was a joke.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:26 AM   #51
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
obviously, wolf missed the fact that marichiko said she didn;t have tits. You DO have tits, don't you wolf?
I never said that I didn't have tits. I assumed that Wolf was male and didn't have tits to get in the way. If I was wrong about Wolf's gender, my deepest apologies. I've never barbecued "au natural" but I have cooked over camp fires in that mode and there have been instances where the femine figure can get in the way (so to speak), especially if one is well-endowed.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:57 AM   #52
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well, now that's straightened out, I'd like to point out that the Naked Chef did it in the kitchen, on the stove.
I really can't picture the Queen of England doing that, although Tracy Ullman could convince me.

edit
Mrs Doubtfire did it.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:41 AM   #53
Kikoo
Disorderly Disciplinarian

i must admit i understand nothing anymore
Germans ? Wolf ? Tracy Ullman ? Mme Doubtfire ? Barbecue ??
Old 04-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #54
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

You know, all of Marichiko's assumptions are starting to really irritate me. How long did you lurk before you jumped in and started posting? 2 seconds? You have been throwing assumptions around since you started. If you have some free time, why don't you take a few hours a day and just read posts here? In most cases, it becomes obvious what gender people are, and gives us a glimpse of their (cyber)personality.

Stop assuming shit about people. Really.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #55
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by Kikoo
i must admit i understand nothing anymore
Germans ? Wolf ? Tracy Ullman ? Mme Doubtfire ? Barbecue ??
Kikoo, you have to understand that most threads don't stay on the original topic. They tend to wander all over the place.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:45 PM   #56
Griff
still says videotape

So what's up with Becks and Posh?
Old 04-13-2004, 12:34 AM   #57
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
why don't you take a few hours a day and just read posts here? In most cases, it becomes obvious what gender people are, and gives us a glimpse of their (cyber)personality.

In my case it usually isn't all that obvious. Actually I find the aha experience associated with people finding out that I'm female rather amusing.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:21 AM   #58
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
You know, all of Marichiko's assumptions are starting to really irritate me. How long did you lurk before you jumped in and started posting? 2 seconds? You have been throwing assumptions around since you started. If you have some free time, why don't you take a few hours a day and just read posts here? In most cases, it becomes obvious what gender people are, and gives us a glimpse of their (cyber)personality.

Hmmm... Yeah, I'd say 2 seconds is about right. I've noticed that people on this board are pretty free with their opinions (you're not exactly timid about yours), so I've jumped right in and given mine. You can always ignore my posts if they irritate you, I'll get over it somehow. And lots of people here have made assumptions about me, including getting my gender wrong. I apologized to Wolf and as she noted, neither her name or the content of her posts up until now gave any indication that she's of the girl-type persuasion.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:07 AM   #59
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:

In my case it usually isn't all that obvious. Actually I find the aha experience associated with people finding out that I'm female rather amusing.
Wolf, I knew from the first few days lurking that you were female. From your posts with slang, from your picture (that was a big tipoff), from your general demeanor, from other people referencing you as a she.... you know, little things like that. Things anyone can pick up on if they only take the time. I just get pissy when people aren't thorough. Well, not even thorough, I mean, if they don't wanna read the history, cool, but don't go making assumptions. **shrug** It's a little thing, I know, but people have been making alot of assumptions lately, not just here, but everywhere around me and it is really getting to me.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:09 AM   #60
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by marichiko

Hmmm... Yeah, I'd say 2 seconds is about right. I've noticed that people on this board are pretty free with their opinions (you're not exactly timid about yours), so I've jumped right in and given mine. You can always ignore my posts if they irritate you, I'll get over it somehow. And lots of people here have made assumptions about me, including getting my gender wrong. I apologized to Wolf and as she noted, neither her name or the content of her posts up until now gave any indication that she's of the girl-type persuasion.
But that's just my point. There are ALL KINDS of indicators that she is a woman, if you just READ. Honest to God, I don't have a problem with you personally, and I REALLY don't mean to be bitchy about this, but for shit's sake! PLEASE! Pretty please. ok? TRY not to assume things? Please?