The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-06-2005, 10:26 AM   #1
staceyv
Lecturer

Angry Parti Poodle Pet supplies ripped me off!

I'm SO pissed.

Okay, I'm also a little bit stupid.
Parti Poodle Pet Supplies, aka PPE wholesale pet supplies is an ebay company from which I bought a collar for my dog and a matching leash.

The collar gave her a horrible allergic rash so I asked if I could return the set. No returns on collars- ok, fine, but they said I could return the leash.
(Although they were rude and suggested I not waste my time and donate it to an animal shelter instead)

I sent it back and since I already paid to have it shipped to me, I wanted to save money on shipping costs, so I didn't get any extras like tracking. BIG mistake. Lesson learned.

These ASSHOLES received the package, took a look at it and went "ha ha ha! this idiot didn't get tracking! She's never getting a refund and we can resell the merchandise!"

And that's exactly what happened. When I tried to do a dispute with PayPal, they told me that since I didn't track the package, there's nothing I can do.

I previously had returned something to another ebay merchant without tracking, but they were ethical and refunded my money. This was the second return I've ever done with online shopping.

I guess it's my fault for not knowing better, but it just pisses me off SO much that they took advantage of my ignorance and now they get to resell this stuff and make more money. I'm PISSED, pissed, pissed.

The little devil on my shoulder is saying "Now, how can we spread the word that this company is run by unethical bastards?"
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #2
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

This is a definitely the place to un-leash (sorry) your pent-up anger...!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I have a similar online purchasing tale of woe.

I ordered some replacement HEPA filters from an online company (I mistakenly thought they were no longer available from Wal Mart, and figured that online was my only recourse). I ordered my items, a 2-pack of filters as a single item, and received confirmation of same. Price: Appx. $42.00 w/shipping (I now know that I can buy this exact same item at Wal Mart for $35.95 + tax).

Item arrives. Item is wrong. They have sent me *one* filter; the exact same filter, just in a package of *one*. I email their customer support and tell them they screwed up. They email back and say, "nanny nanny boo boo, we did not", and gave me a link to prove it. The link leads to the single filter package, at a price even higher than they charged me for the two filter pack...a link which I did not use. I can prove this, because the link I chose was included in their confirmation email, which I sent back to them (also included in their confirmation email is a different item code, a different description and a different price than what they were claiming was what I ordered).

At this point, they recant, but instead of just sending me another filter, they are sending me an RMA to send back the item they gave me. This is fine with me, as I have already purchased what I needed from Wal Mart.

Morons.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:57 PM   #4
be-bop
Operations Operative

Buying online can be a complete pain in the arse,It took me 4 months to get a refund on a CD I bought which was out of stock,but according to the website was in stock when I ordered.
I gave them six other choices from their stock lists as replacements but they were also out of stock of these.
E-Bay is even worse my daughter keeps getting burned as cd's bought turn out to be home made copies are there no honest people left out there..
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
staceyv
Lecturer

The worst part is that they pulled all of this shit on me AFTER I left them positive feedback (before my dog got the rash and I asked to return merchandise)

ANOTHER lesson learned!- Wait a week or so before leaving positive feedback, just in case you need to return something! And TRACK the package you're returning!
Don't be screwed like me.

I want revenge.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:26 PM   #6
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

My dad recently got screwed by EBay... he bought a Harry Potter 6 book and never got it. Apparently the women took the money, closed shop and screwed lots of people. I told him that he should have just bought it at Wal-Mart when it came out.

To Hell with Ebay!
Old 09-07-2005, 01:54 AM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have been very fortunate in my interactions on ebay, but I don't buy a lot there, and try to be careful about it (no purchases from 0 feedback vendors, check existing feedback, etc.)

I am, however, a total amazon.com whore.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:14 AM   #8
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

I only buy from the company... none of this e-bay re-selling stuff for me. Who knows what could happen? That and I have only ordered probably about a dozen things online my whole life. Usually things are cheaper that way since I don't trust e-bay or other cheaper methods.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #9
jinx
Come on, cat.

I used to ebay a lot, both buying and selling. It was great for while... I bought things cheaply, and sold things that I bought locally with considerable profit (bought all of the clothes for the family paid for our first OBX vacation with a few months of easy work). Then (after Bush was elected and then 9/11) the prices went up, the market was flooded with what I was selling and I started getting ripped off right and left, despite knowing the 'rules', like using delivery confirmation etc.. Ebay raised their fees and added some more, but still didn't offer any real protection. And that was that. Fuck ebay.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #10
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

stacey, for what it's worth, you get free tracking with Priority Mail if you pay for and print your shipping label online.

I'm in the middle of my own ebay experience.... I have an ancient Handspring Visor, and I decided I want something with a better screen (backlit, and color). So I start looking on ebay and find that you can get Treo 300 pda/phones for about the same as palm m505, etc. So I decided to give it a try since I already have Sprint mobile phone service and I can just activate this on my existing account. Well, I like the gizmo a lot, but it's going back because several of the keys on the keyboard don't work. ACK! What an aggravation.

My all time greatest ebay experience... I went for a bare bones motherboard/processor/case combo. It was about $120 if I recall. The seller looked fine.. good feedback, and a total score of something like 15,000. I ordered right before July 4 and got back a confirmation saying they'd be shipping in a couple days. When a week passed with nothing, I emailed them and they said they were running a bit behind after the holiday. A few more days and I was leaving for vacation, and I sent them an email saying that I was going to contest the credit card charge if the stuff wasn't waiting for me when I got back. Fast forward 10 days and when I got back there was no package. There was, however, an email from the company's lawyers telling me that they had filed for Chapter 7 and since they had accepted my payment but hadn't filled the order, I was listed with the bankruptcy court as a creditor. I never heard anything else from them (I did actually try to email their lawyers) but my credit card company did reverse the charge without any hassle.

Last edited by SteveDallas; 09-07-2005 at 11:02 AM.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #11
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I just bought 7 used pairs of shoes for rugrat off Ebay: Nike, Fila, Old Navy, Keds, and a couple of store brands for a total of $18 including shipping. All were in great shape, and will take her through the winter. Perfect for daycare, even if a pair get lost I'm still way ahead. Like anything, you have to do a little homework, and background check, but for the $$ I saved, probably at least $70+ it was worth my time. I like to garage sale for bargins, but around here that can be hit or miss. I know what neighborhoods tend to have high quality stuff, but if you're not one of the first there, you usually just get crap.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #12
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Good job! It's hard for me to understand the concept of hand-me-down kids' shoes--because my kids usually destroy theirs so badly they're not hand-downable. Mrs. Dallas and I marvel at stuff we get from friends with older kids when we see shoes that are actually fit to wear after having been through one kid already.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #13
glatt

The other kids must never have worn them for some reason.

We have received a lot of hand-me-down stuff from our cousin's kids. They have a grandmother who like to shop A LOT and buy well-made expensive clothes. They have a lot of clothes, so more survive. We've gotten some really nice stuff for our kids, and it's very appreciated. Every once in a while some stuff will survive our kids, and we'll pass it along down the line.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote