The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 06-29-2016, 04:28 PM   #31
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
[quote=infinite monkey;963420]Demetri Martin, who is so funny...almost foot-level funny. I want to marry him. Demetri, not foot.

Don't lie, you totally want to marry me and have, like 1,000 of my babies.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:25 PM   #32
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Nobody cares who has married whom. George has left the building. All human life has ended - according to wacko extremists who also knew the world ended on 21 December 2012. As proven by emotions only found in adults who are still children. It proves that George Will never leaves any building. He cannot leave what does not exist - as proven by wacko extremist rhetoric.

Meanwhile moderates do not care. They ignore anti-humanity creatures who impose religious dogma and other lies on all others. Where George Will goes does not affect anything in the universe. That remains hard for Donald Trump and Ted Cruz supporters to understand.

Word 'intelligence' is hard for people who only understand four letter words. Therefore they do not even know he is called the Donald. Too many letters. They have also understood Will. Or Rush. Or Bush. Or other four letter words. Explains why do any are called extremist. And why they do not know they are extremists. Too many letters in 'extremist'. What they cannot understand does not exist.

AR15 - no problem. 'Assault' - too many letters so it is best ignored to protect a world that only exists in four letters - or less.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:10 PM   #33
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

[quote=footfootfoot;963461]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Demetri Martin, who is so funny...almost foot-level funny. I want to marry him. Demetri, not foot.

Don't lie, you totally want to marry me and have, like 1,000 of my babies.

Quote:
Angela Hayes: You total slut, you have a crush on him. You're defending him, you love him, you wanna have, like, ten thousand of his babies.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:50 AM   #34
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
This "shock", which comes only from the chattering classes,
Brexit Armageddon was a terrifying vision – but it simply hasn’t happened

Quote:
1.4% jump in retail sales in July showed that consumers have not stopped spending, and seem to be more influenced by the weather than they are by fear of the consequences of what happened on 23 June. Retailers are licking their lips in anticipation of an Olympics feelgood factor.

The financial markets are serene. Share prices are close to a record high, and fears that companies would find it difficult and expensive to borrow have proved wide of the mark. Far from dumping UK government gilts, pension funds and insurance companies have been keen to hold on to them.

City economists had predicted an immediate rise in the claimant count measure of unemployment in July. That hasn’t happened either. This week’s figures show that instead of a 9,000 rise, there was an 8,600 drop.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #35
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

From a smartass perspective, the question for the thread now is,

Does the lack of "shock" from Brexit make you more likely to vote for Trump?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #36
glatt

Huh. Interesting.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #37
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

What's happened so far on Brexit?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:24 AM   #38
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

To be fair UT, the Pound is at $1.30. When you lived over there, it was over $2. Adjust that for inflation and that's a huge drop.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:07 PM   #39
Pamela
Deplorable

There was bound to be some short term instability in the pound sterling. It will recover, in due time.

This, too, shall pass.

I still think the Brits made the correct choice and I believe that time will prove me right, although I have been refraining from commenting because no one likes a wise gurl.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:19 AM   #40
Griff
still says videotape

I liked the EU as a balance against our own imperialism but our own Federal system shows how isolated from the electorate power becomes. If used by his campaign, this lack of catastrophe probably helps Trump but doesn't make him less an a-hole.