The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #496
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sorry SG as that seems majorly irritating compared to my extremely mildly irritating:

The new Supergrass single is CRAP
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #497
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

One of the night shift guys here at the pellet mill is late.. again. Which means one of the day shift guys has to stay and work till he gets here.. again. Which means for lucky me, I get to work for 11 hours so far today because of this dude.

Nothing would make me happier than to piss in this guy's gas tank on my way out when/if he gets here.

Oh and this is nothing new, the guy can't go a week without pulling this crap. "Oh my girlfriend has to go to the doctor at 5", when he is supposed to be here at 2.

It's been a long day. I've stacked 25 tons of 40lb bags of pellets. I'm tired, my back hurts, my elbow has a repetetive motion injury it seems, and all I want is to get out of here and get my damn Wendy's vanilla bean milkshake.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #498
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Sundae, have you guys considered drawing up a rota? Or sitting down and discussing the handful of particularly troubles issues (for both of you) and come to some kind of compromise on who does what jobs?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #499
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ah it'll be okay.
I was just angry at him moving the goalposts, and then acting like I was the unreasonable one.

He's been in a bad mood the last two days because he has money problems.
I thought he started working again when his money ran out, but it turns out he'd been living on credit/ overdraft for a while.

He's far better with money than me, but I actually have better self-motivation. He goes further once he's started, but getting started is harder.

Anyway his first pay cheque had his name spelled wrong. It had to be reissued and took longer than expected. The payment extension date he had for a mortgage payment therefore came and went, and things started bouncing from his bank account. So he got charged each time and owed more money.

This all came to light (for me) Thurs/ Fri. I think he kept it from me because he was embarrassed - he's always lectured me about money, and we both know he could have walked into bar work at any point in those 6 months he wasn't working. In fact I only know about it now because he was on the phone Thursday night when I came home and they woke him up Friday morning calling again.

So effectively he was in a pissy mood, saw the bin and the dishwasher and decided if he had to unload them after a long day on minimum wages, he'd unload on me too.

Long term I'm fine about it. I'll just do more visible things. I'll make the bathroom cleans regular, rather than when I feel like it. I'll check the dishwasher and the bin every day (it's not my dishes or my rubbish any more, but it's no skin off my nose). And I'll do a Saturday clean every week.

I'm really quite happy to do it, and I'll put his unfairness down to him having a shitty week.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #500
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I apparently do not know how to salsa dance. Why did I have to find that out so quickly? What were all those dance classes for if I can't just pick that up too?

Despite having a myriad of dance partners last night that were very patient I can not salsa. I pretty much made all the great dancers look like novices with my poor skill set in that area. I thought, sure I'll dance with you, I'll just pick up this dance too. Wrong. I should have just hung at the bar and proceeded to talk about obscure poets with all the gay guys. I have learned a valuable lesson. Too old and dumb to get the salsa. Suxors!!!!
lol!
I'll just stick to the literature discussions from now on.
Oh and it's early but I'm going to go get a heineken and dissolve my embarassment.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #501
Griff
still says videotape

skin itch flare-up
Old 06-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #502
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
I was in the bathroom at work one day and there was a guy in the stall talking on his cell phone. When I walked out I turned off the light. I figure he can talk just as well in the dark.
That's nasty. I might try that next time. I always feel like doing a lot of flushing when I hear that, so maybe the person on the other end will get grossed out as much as I do.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #503
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Cic - I tried the Salsa once - repeat - ONCE. lol, same result as you.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #504
Cloud

I'm at work today working on an appellate brief which is due tomorrow.

Mildly irritating, because it's too damn hot to do anything else! 105 today; 106 manana.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #505
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

I have 2 sick kids at my Mum's today... I cant take time off to look after them coz my boss is in freaking Turkey with Suzuki..TURKEY!!
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #506
monster
I hear them call the tide

...misread that initially as fucking turkey with suzuki.....

apparently I have quite an active imagination (and poor reading skillz)
Old 06-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #507
Cloud

salsa with suzuki? sounds like a senior living class
Old 06-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #508
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

HM. New cat. Liberties taken.
(decided to be brief this time)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #509
lookout123
changed his status to single

i really hope that doesn't mean your roommate is molesting your new cat?
Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #510
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

No, not so bad. Phew - at least it wasn't that!

He just decided to let her out in the yard ("supervised of course") against my specific expressed wishes. I was warned she might bolt because she hasn't lived indoors for months. And a barely familiar human lunging at her would scare her off further. We'd have had no chance to get her back and she'd have been in a worse situation than she was rescued from.

And also fed her mid afternoon without checking what my plans were for her. I am controlling her food intake as she's been scavenging food for months - I want her to learn that food is steadily and regularly available here, not gorge herself because it's there.

I'm over it now - he apologised without prompting so I guess he realised it was not really his call to make.

Tags
mild cheddar