The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-11-2003, 09:35 PM   #16
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

Quote:
2. Which nation has bombed over a dozen other soveriegn nations since WWII?
Mr. Project, you may have noticed that sovereign nation called Germany that we bombed during WWII. This relieved quite a bit of pressure as I recall so that the UK could then win the war. We also bombed a sovereign nation called Japan as well. Some would argue that the method employed was not very nice, but then their jingoistic tendancies made that kind of inevitable.

Due to the efforts of Generals Marshall and McArthur, we made sure that these countries were supported and industrialized after the war. Now, barring the tiff we had with France and Germany, we have two of the closest friends a country could have.

You're not wrong that the reasons Bush went to war are suspect, but the end of the atrocities in Iraq was in no way a bad thing.

In much that way that someone would claim Americans have no idea of the standards of living and cultures in other parts of the world, I would say that most people in the world have little or no idea what happens in an average American's day, except what the American media is pushing any given week.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:36 PM   #17
happyhshoe
Sibling of the Commonweal

Thumbs up

Even if all of the below are to be answered USA, then so be it.
Please leave if it really bothers you. Or, since we all have this right... continue to rant about how the USA is the greatest country or society ever. Even if you do so by whining about bombing, etc. One note, why should we EVER submit our troops to rule by some lame international group? Perhaps we should just evict the UN and use the space for parking.
By the way...dave. I loved your answers,
I think.

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
1. Cuba

2. I'm not sure, but probably one where the majority of the government is Muslim.

3. Israel.

4. Iraq.

5. Iraq.

6. Iraq.

7. Iraq.

8. Iraq.

9. Iraq.

10. Iraq.
happyhshoe is offline   Reply With Quote