The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 01-29-2001, 10:00 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Well, maybe not career suicide completely, but uh. If I were one of the old-time Aerosmith fans, and I know there are legion out there, I would have switched off the TV after that halftime show and just solemnly hung my head in shame.

I mean, I understand it's the super bowl half time and all, national holiday and all its implications. And I understand you gotta do what you gotta do. But Mr. Tyler! You've got a KID 10 years too old and too mature to enjoy Britney.

Hopefully by the time Salon writes them up in "Brilliant Careers", enough time will have passed that this little moment can look like the time Paul McCartney decided Wings should do a disco song, or when Sean Penn felt he should do light comedy, or something.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 10:56 AM   #2
wst3
Simulated Simulacrum

I had to leave the room!!!

But I also have to wonder if Aerosmith thinks that their career is so far down the tubes that they had to do it... or if they were offered so much money that they just couldn't say no.

It was pathetic. And it was sad!
wst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 02:44 PM   #3
mbpark
Lecturer

Smile The biggest travesty I have ever seen

Britney Spears and Aerosmith do not go together.

Neither do most of those other has-beens and soon to be has-beens that corroborated on that steaming pile of crap.

I have lost all respect for Aerosmith. HOW could you ruin such a great song with Britney Spears, especially since Run DMC is available to play!

It also looked like she was wearing the pets.com sock puppet on her arm.

What's next, Selloutica and Lars Ulrich playing next year's? Maybe they can get James Taylor, Christina Aguilera, Ricky Martin, and Macy Gray to sing along to The Memory Remains with Marianne Faithful!

I am hoping for the return of real bands that aren't sellouts, and rock stars that get inspiration from Lemmy Kilmeister (lead singer/bassist of Motorhead). I've had it with this goody-two-shoes Britney Spears type of stuff, and the fake rebellion of bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit. It's time for more people like Eminem, Fiona Apple, and Les Claypool who don't care
mbpark is offline   Reply With Quote