The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #2956
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Not a scape goat, but an escape goat:

Attachment 49897

If the goat commits suicide, is it still a sacrifice?
Does the boy become the sacrifice?
Old 12-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #2957
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It's a reversal of the story of Abraham. God told Abraham, kill me a son. Old Abe was gonna do it, too. Til God said, nah, you was gonna do it, that's good enough, here kill me a lamb instead.

The story tells of a man buying a goat for a sacrifice, the goat taking his own way out, and taking out the guy's kid in the bargain.

Looks to me it happened thusly: The guy says for Eid Al-Adha, Ima kill you a goat. The Lord said no more sacrifices. The guy says Ima sacrifice a goat. The Lord said Well, if you're gonna do it, Ima take your son, too.

That looks like a sign to me.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #2958
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Another weird/tragic/surprising death.

A teenager dies from one punch to the face. (Note, autoplaying video in story at link)

Quote:
LAKE STEVENS, Wash. -- One Lake Stevens teenager is dead and another is behind bars, all because of one punch that police say may have been a fatal blow.

Both the suspect and the victim are 18-year-old seniors at Crossroads High School in Granite falls. KING is not identifying the suspect because he has not been charged. The Granite Falls School District identified the victim as 18-year-old Jarom Thomas.

Police say the two got into an argument at a party last Saturday night and tried settling it with punch. Neither of them predicted this would be the outcome.

"My son is not a bad boy. He's not a bad kid," said the suspect's father, who identified himself as Michael Galen. "I feel really sorry for this family for their loss. This is what I'm crying for is for their loss. Yes I'm sad for my son, but he's alive. "

Last Saturday night the two teenagers were partying with friends at a cabin on Lake Roesiger. Witnesses told police two got into an argument after Thomas accidentally hit a car the suspect was sitting in.

The two teens agreed to finally settle their differences out on the road where Thomas agreed to allow the suspect to hit him. The two shook hands and smoked a cigarette together, but the suspect hit Thomas so hard he fell to the ground and never regained consciousness.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Shari Ireton says the victim fell backward, hitting his head on pavement. A friend took the unconscious teen to a hospital, where he died.

"I spoke to my son and he told me I didn't want this to happen, I didn't mean for this to happen," said Galen.

Galen says his son had no criminal history, had just gotten a job at Burger King and was determined to finish school.

Now Galen worries two lives have been ruined by a grave mistake.

"Don't drink please, because things like this can happened," he said. "When you don't expect it. You don't mean to. Please don't drink."
Old 12-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #2959
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

A kid in my high school accidentally died from a single hard punch to the chest. Got him right in the heart, and it just stopped, like reverse EKG paddles. He and the kid who did it weren't even fighting, they were just being macho.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #2960
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Man Wants Refund After Buying $650 in Tickets to ‘The Interview’

... A man in Ohio tried to cash in on the buzz surrounding Seth Rogen and James Franco’s new comedy when he purchased $650 in tickets or 50 passes at $13 each to the movie.

According to WCPO in Cincinatti, Jason Best learned that a local theater in Clifton was among the 300 theaters to play the controversial film on Christmas day and hoped to re-sell the tickets online at a higher price (a.k.a. he wanted to scalp them). ...

... But the plan backfired once Sony announced it was streaming the film online for half the price on sites like YouTube, Hulu and Netflix.

Now the man is demanding a refund from the Esquire Theatre.

“I thought I’d get my money back because the theater’s website *very clearly* said the tickets were refundable,” Best told WCPO in an email.

But a theater manager told Best that the art house didn’t have a website and that “The Interview” was listed as a special event.

It turns out Best had purchased the tickets from movie tickets.com which specifically warns on its website that theater owners reserve the right to withhold refunds for special events.

Plus the manager said that scalping tickets was illegal. ...
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #2961
Nirvana
Back in 10

Hasbro Is Offering To Exchange Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Penis

Name:  play-doh-twitter.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  27.3 KB

LINK
Old 12-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #2962
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Beat ya.

I win.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #2963
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

At least it has the loss-prevention flaps.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #2964
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I wonder if all the decorative nubs and swirls were originally an attempt at making it look less like a syringe?
Old 01-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #2965
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I think the swirls are functional and the nubs are reinforcement at stress points, and too many people have dirty minds.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #2966
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Mine doesn't have loss-prevention flaps.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #2967
Griff
still says videotape

Better book early at the ER, they get busy this time of year.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #2968
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Mine has toss prevention faps
Old 01-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #2969
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Some of mine have loss prevention flanges, and some have handy retrieval rings.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #2970
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I only have the one.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote