The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 08-28-2005, 01:56 PM   #136
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I've become addicted to Caffeine yet again. Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Mtn. Dew, so it's not a waistline killer, it does give me kidney stones/pain though.

No worries, I'll kick it in the first couple days of the semester(starts tomorrow, Aug. 29th).
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:38 AM   #137
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Queso. Most effectively, queso from a local place called Kerbey Lane Cafe--but any Tex-Mex queso will do in a pinch.

That was dinner last night, actually. Mmmmm cheese.
Trudy's is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Hell -- even Chuy's over a sirloin burrito kicks KLC's ass.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:14 PM   #138
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
Trudy's is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
Trudy's queso is way better than Kerbey Lane's? I'm sorry sir, but you are mistaken. And you can't involve the sirloin burrito if all we're comparing is queso. Now if we're comparing the whole menu, then I'll agree, both Chuy's and Trudy's are better. But Kerbey Lane's queso is still the best.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:17 PM   #139
seakdivers
Icy Queen

Santa Barbara Olive Company's jalapeno stuffed green olives.

OH MY GOD they are fantastic!!!!
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:05 AM   #140
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have a bottle of Gil's Crying Tongue Olives that were given to me as a gift.

I occasionally want to have a martini party so I can inflict them on some unknowing person.

But I do not like martinis.

Or olives.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:07 PM   #141
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

The Airliner is reopening this weekend!!!!

They only have the BEST pizza within 600 miles of here... I think Perth might be able to back me up on this, if this thread catches his eye. I can't wait till lunch Monday, woo hoo!! Thick crunchy crust, perfect amounts of tomatoey sauce, and loads of real cheese.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #142
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm gonna quit eating. I'm a freaking elephant these days. did anyone see Courtney Love on Comedy Central's Pamela Anderson Lee's Roast? I didn't, either, but I saw a pic of Courtney during the Roast in People mag. I'm fatter than that. I am no longer going to eat.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #143
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I guess I'm going to have to put you on a rigorous physical regimen. Get naked and assume the position.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:35 AM   #144
itsjulie
Vice-President of Resentment

Doritos
itsjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:09 PM   #145
Silly
Lead Subordinate

Ya know all this discussion of Hostess.. Dolly Madison and Tastycakes.. I am not sure of alot of you are aware that Hostess - Dolly Madison and Drakes Cakes are made from the same company ? Yes they are.. Interstate Bakeries Corp.. If you go to any of their web sites they actually link to one another..

And by the way the yellow Hostess cupcake is to have a orange flavoring and they have been around since I was a kid.. Definately no where near as good as a chocolate cupcake though!

Favorite (somewhat odd) eating habits of Hostess.. 1) when eating a cupcake you must remove the top icing and eat it last.. 2) when choosing a package of Ho-Ho's I always feel them.. I dont want the out layer of chocolate to be broken.. When you have a whole one you must first eat the entire outer covering first and then moving on to the cake.. BUT you must unroll it as you go.. licking off the creme filling as you go.. and 3) while eating a Susie Q you must carefully remove the tops of each cake.. careful not to remove too much of the creme filling.. once you have consumed both tops.. place both bottoms together and you have a Double-Stuff Susie Q!! (almost like a double stuff oreo but only better!!)
Silly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #146
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly
2) when choosing a package of Ho-Ho's I always feel them.. I dont want the out layer of chocolate to be broken.. When you have a whole one you must first eat the entire outer covering first and then moving on to the cake.. BUT you must unroll it as you go.. licking off the creme filling as you go.. and
Wow. I'm not the only person who does this? I don't actually lick off the cream filling before eating it. That part is a little wierd.

I also do the bottoms of the Hostess Cupcakes first thing ... the consistency of their chocolate icing with the vanilla squiggle seems to demand this. But then I also eat the bottoms of muffins first, and the tops last. I have been banned from a friend's house for eating the middles of oreos and other sandwich cookies first. He finds it uncivilized. I'm allowed in his house at all other times, but not when there are Oreos. Or Hydrox. or Vienna Fingers.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #147
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Harry & David Dark Chocolate Truffles, wowza.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #148
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly
Ya know all this discussion of Hostess.. Dolly Madison and Tastycakes.. I am not sure of alot of you are aware that Hostess - Dolly Madison and Drakes Cakes are made from the same company ? Yes they are.. Interstate Bakeries Corp.. If you go to any of their web sites they actually link to one another..

And by the way the yellow Hostess cupcake is to have a orange flavoring and they have been around since I was a kid.. Definately no where near as good as a chocolate cupcake though!---clip---
My office is adjacent to a Hostess Factory. Ok, I guess they're a bakery, but it's a bakery that takes up a half a city block. Sometimes I come in to work in the morning, it's early, 6:45-7:15 and they're filling the whole neigborhood with the aroma of cake-y goodness. Sadly, they closed the walk up window a while back. I guess it's only fair that I should have to walk to the store now to get some Ding-Dongs.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #149
bigw00dy
I'm here once in a while

Old 09-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #150
itsjulie
Vice-President of Resentment

kettle corn
itsjulie is offline   Reply With Quote