The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #5161
monster
I hear them call the tide

Beest bought a wingmirror for the Windstar for $40ish and fitted it. Quotes from the "professionals" were parts >$100 plus labor..... go beest!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #5162
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nap... Post... Nap... Post... get off the fence will ya.

Oh, and kudos on the win.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:08 AM   #5163
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Ye Olde Zengum-Wagonne: a 1992 Toyota Corolla hatchback somewhat similar to this one, but showing more signs of age.

Name:  800px-Toyota_Corolla_E90_5_door_hatchback.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  80.5 KB

Z-wheels 2.0: a 2001 Subaru Outback, trucked in from interstate because they are cheaper there. I paid $10,900 - the insurance company say it is worth $13,800!

Name:  Subaru.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  32.0 KB
Old 03-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #5164
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Congratulations on your z-wagon steal. Did you trade in the other?

A friend of mine here has an outback just about like that. Nice vehicle.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #5165
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

DRIVE FAST, TAKE CHANCES!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #5166
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

I got an F-250 today. We needed a truck. Bad.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #5167
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Congrats on the car stuff y'all!
@Zen: Your car looks like it has plenty of room for scrogging. Let me know if you want help testing it out.

Today I'm happy because I finally submitted my application to be an SPCA volunteer, I hope to hear soon that I'm accepted! Also the IRS approved my tax return, wooooh money!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #5168
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

1st thing:

this morning I took a walk before work, and the Daffodils were all blooming....and it was warm enough for shorts!

2nd: I just threw a customer out that was a complete hocker. We were $822 under invoice on a lease....AND using one of my few remaining tier bump vouchers (saving him $20/month) AND he rudely refused any extras from me..... by rudely, I mean... I go over a whole menu presentation of things we offer for this and that....and he listens...and then says "NO." Not...."No Thanks" or "I don't really want to get any extras" just "NO" like a dick.

So, we come to the contract, and he asks.... is there a lease end fee? And I say Yes, it's $395, and point to it on the contract..... so then he starts trying to negotiate THAT.

nope. get out.

does not make sense to lose money for a customer who is a rude prick that doesnt know (even though it's been demonstrated to him) when he's gotten a good deal. He'll go to another dealer and find out that they are $50 more per month and then come back.... and we won't do the deal.

just for clarity...the deal he passed on was $1000 out of pocket + 38 payments of $415 to lease this 2010 Nissan Maxima that Stickered for $39,700.

dumbass.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:36 AM   #5169
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
I got an F-250 today. We needed a truck. Bad.
Yep! And I inherited Hobson the Van! My little Kia also known as 'Bertie the toy car' gets to enjoy the rest of her life as a play car.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #5170
Nirvana
Back in 10

Victor will be graduating from puppy school.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #5171
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Woo Hoo
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #5172
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oh that is a jaunty cap for a darling little dog! Bravo Vic.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #5173
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Back from Amsterdam this morning. Well, last night actually - I left at 19.30.
With a couple of muffins under my belt.

Spent today unpacking, washing, settling in - which was great.
On the one hand I know I can't stretch the returning-from-hols-vibe any further. I am expected to be a full participant of the household by tomorrow. On the other hand I totally milked it. Diz and I have had special treatment all day and I've loved it.

Love and peace to you all....!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:44 AM   #5174
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

There was a knock at the door today and there were two women there that I'd never seen around town before. I dubiously made my hellos wondering if I was about to be preached at or have something sold to me, but to my overwhelming surprise, they wanted nothing of the kind.

One of the women was in fact the sister of a car accident victim I had helped several months ago. The other was his sister in law.

I can't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but I was first on the scene of a single vehicle accident just after Christmas. The man had not been wearing a seatbelt, and was thrown from the vehicle and landed more or less on his head about 10 metres (30 feet) from the car. I didn't really do much other than to turn his body into the recovery position to clear his airways (he was choking on his own blood) and just held him there talking gently to him till the ambulance arrived.

Anyway, it really affected me a lot, not only because of the horrific nature of his injuries, but also because of the personal struggles I've been managing with over the last while. I couldn't help but try and keep tabs on his progress, so I bugged the police until they gave me a name so I could call the hospital directly. At first I found he'd been placed in an induced coma and all they'd tell me was that he was critical but stable. I called almost every day for the next few weeks hoping for some positive news. For some reason it was just so very important to me that he didn't die. I don't know why I felt that way. I've never really dealt with an accident vicitm before, so I don't know if that's a normal reaction or not, but in any case, that's the way it was for me.

After almost 3 weeks, I called one day and got put right through to the man. They'd woken him up and he was able to talk and function more or less normally. I couldn't believe it at the time. I was shocked all over again, but we talked for a while and I told him where we lived (turns out we're fairly close neighbours) and what my impressions were of the accident and so on and that was it. I didn't worry him any more after that. I was content to know that he was going to be ok and really didn't think I'd hear from him again.

So you can imagine my surprise when his sister knocked on my door today. Apparently he's been home for a few weeks now and is getting about and has been trying to work up the courage to come and see me himself but each time he's walked past the house he's gotten so emotional that he's felt unable to take the last few steps, so he sent his sister to ask if my family and I would share a meal with his family so that they can thank me for saving his life (for the first time) that night. I found out today that he did actually die on the way to the hospital, but the ambo's were able to revive him.

So, it was an emotional meeting this afternoon, and I imagine there'll be tears when we all sit down and share a meal in a couple of weeks.

It makes me happy to know that he's doing well...and even more so to realize that there are still people out there who will go out of their way to say thankyou.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:28 AM   #5175
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah, but they're probably lousy cooks.
Seriously though, it's nice to see a good deed not backfire for a change, and you got the thanks you deserve.