The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 11-11-2003, 11:31 AM   #1
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Do You Think This Camcorder Makes My Head Look Fat?

This is what happens when too much technology becomes too easily available...

I got my ancient Dazzle DPM analogue vidcap device working in XP last night, and now I am free to endlessly harangue you all with meaningless pictures from the vantage point of my office desk...
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2003, 11:36 AM   #2
dave

Get a haircut. And get a real job.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:39 AM   #3
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

This is a pig sty. Clean up that mess young man or we will have words.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:41 AM   #4
Elspode

Real job is looking good, actually...had a second interview yesterday, and was told I am the front runner. Of course, it is going to pay a little more than half of what I *was* making, but after nearly six months of unemployment (and marginal employment), it looks pretty good. Plus, it is in the field I have been in for 13 years.

Light candles, pray, practice voodoo...send energies! I want this job pretty badly. I *need* this job really badly. It is getting sort of difficult to make our $634.00 per month COBRA'ed Blue Cross/Blue Shield payments each month on what the wife makes and my unemployment.

Who the fuck would have ever thought that health insurance would cost as much as a house payment?
Old 11-11-2003, 11:42 AM   #5
juju
no one of consequence

Why is it so much?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:45 AM   #6
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

It's scary... my last job paid 100% of health coverage for the employee and 70% for the family. At the time I left, my 30% share for my wife & kids was $130/month.

And that was 5.5 years ago!

What capture device & camcorder did you use??? That's a pretty good quality pic for a vidcap.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

This Dad crap really gives you license.

edit: No longer relevent : I swear juju... you keep deleting like that I'm gonna whip up on yah.

Last edited by Griff; 11-11-2003 at 11:49 AM.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #8
dave

(I was sure that you would catch it, but your response has left a tiny question in my brain. If so, <a href="http://www.letssingit.com/george-thoroughgood-get-a-haircut-and-get-a-real-job-3d8x8pp.html">here</a>.)
Old 11-11-2003, 11:58 AM   #9
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

The pic looks like maybe you got punched in the eye by the HighCostInsurance demon.

Best of luck on the job thing. I'll send you what energies I can. You may very well end up sleeping more and sharing Cracker Jack with a mouse though.

Last edited by slang; 11-11-2003 at 12:05 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:07 PM   #10
Elspode

Right after my last post, I got a call from the Division Manager of the company...he informs me that I am 95% in, subject to the results of a personality test I took (moronically simple and I'm sure it doesn't show me to be a sluggard or an axe murderer) and a drug test (gave all that up long ago...sigh) and a DMV inquiry (last moving violation was eight years ago). So...I think I'm in, probably starting Monday.

SD, I have an old Dazzle DPM USB device connected to my Sony TRV65 analogue HI-8 camcorder. I thought it worked pretty well. Now, if I had a more interesting life, I'd do some caps of video and post them...unfortunately, the coolest thing I have on video (an airshow a couple of years ago featuring a B 29 firing up all four engines and sitting at an impressive idle) is nowhere to be found.

Slang, of all the energies to be sent, yours is the stuff I'd trust the most...you've been where I am at recently, so I know there'd be good stuff involved.

My insurance is high because I my medical history is not great...nor is the wife's. I can't even *get* insurance in an open enrollment situation, so that kind of leaves me the option of working for a company large enough to qualify for a group rate.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:10 PM   #11
Elspode

Haircut/Job

Ah...that was a GT song I hadn't heard...

Probably good advice in any case, but I'm a diehard. I feel like my hair doesn't belie anything bad inside me, so I've kept it. No one has told me in my job search that it was an issue, but if so required, I would have cut it. Supporting my family is the first and foremost thing.

Doesn't look like it is going to make a difference here, though...
Old 11-11-2003, 01:13 PM   #12
r9703410
Coronation Incarnate

FAT HEAD!FAT HEAD!!
Old 11-11-2003, 01:16 PM   #13
Elspode

Perhaps I should have used less zoom...?
Old 11-11-2003, 01:17 PM   #14
r9703410
Coronation Incarnate

Yeah just a little.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:36 PM   #15
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

good luck el!!!

i am kind of dissapointed, though.

all this time reading your highbrow posts with the marginally condescending tones, I had pictured you with a pipe and smoking jacket, slicked back hair and a monacle. you look more like a guy that sells hot dogs at a ball game. say it aint so
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote